Callahan, Westhoff staying -

Fishooked

Per Bolands Blog:

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/articles/show/2826-rex-ryan-i-expect-to-win-and-win-early-

Rex Ryan was in his new office this morning, head focused on paperwork, working away in the minutes before his official schedule began with interviews, TV and still cameras, microphones.

"There's really never been a day of work for me," Ryan said of his big day of being introduced to the Jets, their fans and the NFL as the franchise's 17th head coach today. "Actually, it there was, it's probably today for me ... nah, just kidding.

"But really, this is more of something that you do, something that isn't work. It's just love, it's a passion you have. This is my hobby and my profession, so that's a good combination."

That combination led Jets chairman and CEO Woody Johnson to tell his staff at a morning breakfast at the Atlantic Health Training Center: "It's not business as usual around here."

And for anyone with doubts about the confidence, positivity

I will believe it when I see it... has there been any confirmation that he was let go?

UNtil then we can assume they will just shift him around...

Mike Pettine has been announced as new DC. So even if Sutton is staying he won't be in charge. I'm just glad we have someone else, espcially someone with a Baltimore Ravens backround coaching this defense.

About Schottenheimer:

What Rex says - "I'm going to be meeting with Brian soon....Certainly I want to sit down and visit with him....I'm very excited to be meeting with Brian in the next few days"

What Rex means - "I'm going to be firing Brian soon....Certainly I want to sit down and laugh at him for not getting the job....I'm very excited to fire and laugh at Brian in the next few days"

...Am I being too hopeful here?:D

Archived