Pragmatic Bus

Who would you pick  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who would you pick

• Mark Sanchez
    • Knowshon Moreno
    • Andre Smith
    • Chris "Beenie" Wells

Nicks or PercyHarvin from FL or Heyward-Bey or Britt pick one, but it wouldn't go like that. I don't think Buf takes a WR among other things.

Taking Sanchez is not smart IMO.

WR or RB, simple.TJ isn't getting younger and last year was his best ever.He can easily give us 800 yards next year,no offense, T, but look at his stat sheet.

logic.jpg

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not really sure who you're arguing with. :confused:

My point always was that I don't see better value at 17 with that draft than Moreno. That's it. I watched Joseph Addai play last year and Dominic Rhodes with the same O-line actually looked like a RB who was willing to get yards. Joseph Addai looked like he couldn't care less.

Sperm hates running backs. Hates drafting them in early rounds even more. Didn't you know that?

My interpretation would be that he's telling you that OL's make the RB. The team around him makes him. That's why for a while anyone who suited up in the backfield in Denver looked like a superstar, why Rhodes and Addai are interchangeable...

Or why first round RB's in general are not a great value. They're less of a value when you spend a number one on them, pay 'em that first round pick bonus, then have them be the third back off the bench. When it's time to get another back, there will be quality backs available throughout the draft in 2010. In the meantime, every other position on the offense is probably more important to the Jets running game.

And I still don't get this concept that Jones is toast waiting to be burned. Yeah, he's 30. I got the memo on RB's, but it's not automatic that the guy's done at that age. He didn't see a lot of action in his first few years in the league, and keeps himself in impeccable shape. Some RB's last beyond 30, and he would seem to fit the mold that does. Cut into his workload a little more with Leon, and he probably has a couple serviceable years left. They can make a decision on his contract year - he probably knows that, too. Think he wants to keep earning?

I agree about Thomas Jones. He is what he is, but I don't see any sign that he's falling off a cliff this season. The point is to draft value. If a RB is that high on your board you take them. OTOH, I agree with all your points about how RB aren't necessarily the best value early in the draft and that has to be taken into account when you make your board. I feel the same about TE.

We have two interesting project backs from last year (Caulcrick and Woodhead) and have in the past few years drafted Ward in the 7th and picked up Ware as an UDFA. Useful backs aren't difficult to find.

i don't think there's a good value for us at #17, i say

trade are 1st and clemens to detroit and grab stafford, (the only QB i would take in this draft.)or

trade are 1st and clemens to denver for cutler, eather way are QB situation is solved.

providing eather team would trade.or

trade down and pick up some more picks and do something about the deph on the left side of the o- line.

i don't think there's a good value for us at #17, i say

trade are 1st and clemens to detroit and grab stafford, (the only QB i would take in this draft.)or

trade are 1st and clemens to denver for cutler, eather way are QB situation is solved.

providing eather team would trade.or

trade down and pick up some more picks and do something about the deph on the left side of the o- line.

or keep the pick and draft mark sanchez who is better now than stafford and also cutler when he was coming out of college

If they don't take Moreno there, I'll dig Tanny's eyeballs out with a spoon and then force feed them to him.

Thomas Jones has a year left of being a franchise back and Leon is an x-factor type, not a feature back. What would effectively happen is, in a year or 2 we will not only be asking "Who's going to be our QB?" but "Who's going to carry the rock 20 times a game?" It'd be nice to fill holes preemptively instead of waiting until it's a need. Crazy idea right??

Unfortunately, the only situation where it makes sense to fill future holes is when you don't have any current holes, and you certainly can't say that about the Jets. Maybe we take a RB in the 3rd or 4th round, but that's about it.

or keep the pick and draft mark sanchez who is better now than stafford and also cutler when he was coming out of college[/quot

:Nuts: sanchez, better then stafford now and cutler coming out of collage.

NOT ON HIS BEST F---ING DAY.

Moreno.

He's the best RB in the draft IMO and will boost Rex's run-first offense.

While I like Sanchez's pocket presence, I don't like his arm or the fact that he started only 16 games in college.

Smith? If he can't be motivated for the 2 biggest job interviews in his life (combine & pro day), I don't know how he'll be motivated after getting a multi-million dollar signing bonus. Plus, the Jets are not drafting OLine in the 1st again.

i agree but a lot of great RBs will be available in the 2nd even the third round. a big bruiser like shonn greene could really help us and he will be available in the 2nd round

OrWZwH9VVJU

I like Greene, except for the fact he played only 1 year and will be 24 in August of this year.

This is the thing, though. I'd love to take Greene in the 3rd, but I'm not sure he'll be there. If the Jets went Moreno/WR in 1st, I'd want to go Brace (NT BC) in the 2nd.

Nicks or Moreno. And for people who keep saying Heyward-Bey, why? I don't mean to be a jerk, but again I'll say this, have you ever even seen him play. He's not that good.

Don't you guys remember what another workout wonder did for us. Just like Goulston would have been a 3rd rounder except for the combine, same with Heyward-Bey. Nicks had more tds in one year than heyward had in his whole college career. Nicks is clearly the superior player, so his Harvin or Britt.

ANYBODY BUT HEYWARD-BEY

Moreno.

He's the best RB in the draft IMO and will boost Rex's run-first offense.

While I like Sanchez's pocket presence, I don't like his arm or the fact that he started only 16 games in college.

Smith? If he can't be motivated for the 2 biggest job interviews in his life (combine & pro day), I don't know how he'll be motivated after getting a multi-million dollar signing bonus. Plus, the Jets are not drafting OLine in the 1st again.

Agree with almost everything you said, except the opposite with Sanchez. I think he's got a great arm and is mobile, but I don't think he has the pocket presence. One more year at SC would have helped.

Agree with almost everything you said, except the opposite with Sanchez. I think he's got a great arm and is mobile, but I don't think he has the pocket presence. One more year at SC would have helped.

On Sanchez, I agree on the extra year. The Pocket Presence comment mainly has to do with his escapability (which would also go to his mobility).

As to arm strength, he throws a nice deep ball, but I don't like the zip on the short-to-intermediate range throws. To me, that's the essence of arm strength. The deep ball is about timing and driving into the throw with the lower body. On the short-to-intermediate it's usually plant then fire.

Archived