Pragmatic Bus

Who would you pick  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who would you pick

• Mark Sanchez
    • Knowshon Moreno
    • Andre Smith
    • Chris "Beenie" Wells

I have made my selections for now, but they might change as we get closer to draft day

ROUND 1

1- DET- Aaron Curry LB Wake Forrest (I dont have staford that high on my board so Lions will be happy with a playmaker like curry)

2- STL - Jason Smith OT Baylor (For now this pick will do but Eugene Monroe is climbing up the boards fast)

3- KC - Eugene Monroe OT Virginia (They just got their franchise QB, now they need to protect his blind side)

4- SEA - BJ Raji DT B.C. (I was tempted to take an OT here but they desparately need some DL help, i might change my mind later)

5- CLE - Brian Orakpo DE/OLB TEXAS (Browns need a pass rusher badly)

6- CIN - Malcolm Jenkins CB OHIO STATE (i wouldn't be surprised if cinci reaches for Ray maleluga here, they desparately need LB help but if they are smart they will pick Jenkins)

7- OAK - Micheal Oher OT Missi (Knowing Al Davis he will pick Measurables over everything and micheal Oher who is 6-5 309 fits the mold)

8- JAX - Micheal Crabtree WR T.Tech (He is too much of a value to pass up)

9- GB - Everette Brown DE/OLB F.S.U. (GB wants to switch to 3-4 and Everette Brown can help)

10- SF - Matthew Stafford QB Georgia (I dont know if 49ers are brave enough to take another shot at drafting a franchise QB after the Alex smith Failiure but for now they get Matt)

11- BUF - Jeremy Macklin WR Missouri ( TO is a one year Deal and they need a WR for the future)

12- DEN - Tyson Jackson DE/DT L.S.U. (assuming that jay cutler and JM patch things up)

13- WAS - Brian Cushing OLB U.S.C. (Just a perfect fit here)

14- NO - Clay Matthews OLB U.S.C. (They just signed Vilma to secure the middle/ Clay will be an immediate starter next to vilma)

15- HOU - Vontae Davis CB Illinois (Vontae will come in and improve that Pass defense right away)

16- SD - Rey Maualuga ILB U.S.C. (BPA)

17- NYJ - Mark Sanchez QB U.S.C. (Knowshon sounds good here too but we have 2 probowl RBs but no QB. Kellen, Ratty and Erik could turn out great but there is a chance that we dont have a franchise QB on the roster and Mark sanchez can fill the void)

18- CHI - Peria Jerry DT Ole Miss (Great 4-3 DT, he will start right away next to Tommy Harris instantly upgrading the bears defense)

19- TB - Knowshon Moreno RB Georgia (they can pick josh freeman too but they can't pass up on a talent like moreno)

20- DET(DAL) - Josh Freeman QB Kansas St (Freeman is rising up the charts, he went from a mid 2nd round pick to 20th overall, luck works in Det's favor for a change)

21- PHI - Andre Smith OT Alabama (Andy Ried loves the big uglys, and Donovan is injury prone, NFC east is filled with great pass rushers and Andre Smith is a beast)

22- MIN - Alex Mack C Cal. (Matt Birk is gone and Alex Mack is the Best center available, Adrian peterson will apreciate this pick)

23- NE - Brandon Pettigrew TE Oklahoma St (Ben Watson is a bust, NE needs LBers but belly wont pass on this monster)

24- ATL - Max Unger C Oregon (McClure is getting old but Ryan is a young QB, Max and Ryan can grow old together)

25- MIA - D.J. Moore CB Vandy (i like alphonso smith better but alphoso is only 5-8 and parcell likes big CBs)

26- BAL - Alphonso Smith CB Wake Forrest (Chris Mcalister is gone, Ivy left and now role is rolling out/ i have a feeling that ravens would be picking DBs early)

27- IND - Evander Hood DT Missouri (BPA)

28- PHI(CAR) - Kenny Britt WR Rutgers (Iggles will pick a WR here, i have Kenny Britt higher but Percy harvin, heyward and Hakeem Nicks are not far behind)

29- NYG - Hakeem Nicks WR NC (Plax is unreliable and toomer is getting old)

30- TEN - Darrius Heyward-Bey WR Maryland (Tennessee needs a down the field threat to stretch the field and Darrius is Fast)

31- ARI - Chris Wells RB Ohio State (Too Much Value here, they can pick percy harvin here too but wells can play)

32- PIT - Brian Robiskie WR Ohio State (The Most polished route runner in this Draft he is tall and Big Ben will love throwing to him)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hakeem Nicks would need a serious amount of consideration. I also believe you have to at least think about Mark Sanchez as an option. I know a lot of people don't want him but if the Organisation thinks he would be a franchise QB, I don't see how you could pass up on him.

Other players I'd consider - Wells, Heyward-Bey (Although I'm not a huge fan), Moreno etc. Something to improve the offense anyways. A weapon (Even if it's to reinforce the running game) to help our QB's.

Although I like RB's and the QB there....the Jets have to give the QB's they have an opportunity

RB can be had later in the other rounds, whereas I do think we need one, it is not a priority

Ryan has sured up our defense, which leaves on HUGE gaping hole at TE

Don't give me this BS about Keller....he is more like Dallas Clark......why would you want a guy like that beating himself up against DE's.....whereas Pettigrew is TE ready to start from Day 1

TE right now is a glaring need...Pettigrew makes sense if still available

I would see about a trade down here maybe with Minnesota at 22 who wants a QB and may want to get ahead of Tampa Bay for Sanchez. There are a bunch of wide receivers like Heyward-Bey and Nicks and there is also QB Josh Freeman who is a reach at #17. Get another 4th Rounder and with the 22nd pick, if it were up to me, take Freeman. Then in the 3rd round take Ramses Barden the 6'6" WR from Cal-Poly. If one of the other QB's on our roster is good, you can trade a QB for picks. I really like receivers and QB's who are very tall. And Barden has HUGE hands! He may be Div. II but he played like a man amongst boys.

Although I like RB's and the QB there....the Jets have to give the QB's they have an opportunity

RB can be had later in the other rounds, whereas I do think we need one, it is not a priority

Ryan has sured up our defense, which leaves on HUGE gaping hole at TE

Don't give me this BS about Keller....he is more like Dallas Clark......why would you want a guy like that beating himself up against DE's.....whereas Pettigrew is TE ready to start from Day 1

TE right now is a glaring need...Pettigrew makes sense if still available

that is a valid reason but a blocking TE can be drafted in later rounds i would rather draft a WR but the Value is not there

Keller is more of an H-back

Pettigrew is no blocking TE...he's much much more

What more does our baby QB need more that a BIG TE right there for him protecting his backside, and right there for the big catch

Pettigrew is a stud....not sure he'll fall, but if there relly a no brainer

I would see about a trade down here maybe with Minnesota at 22 who wants a QB and may want to get ahead of Tampa Bay for Sanchez. There are a bunch of wide receivers like Heyward-Bey and Nicks and there is also QB Josh Freeman who is a reach at #17. Get another 4th Rounder and with the 22nd pick, if it were up to me, take Freeman. Then in the 3rd round take Ramses Barden the 6'6" WR from Cal-Poly. If one of the other QB's on our roster is good, you can trade a QB for picks. I really like receivers and QB's who are very tall. And Barden has HUGE hands! He may be Div. II but he played like a man amongst boys.

trade sounds good but for now trades are not allowed. sanchez is a potential top ten pick while freeman is barely a 1st rounder

What more does our baby QB need more that a BIG TE right there for him protecting his backside, and right there for the big catch

Pettigrew is just not the BPA, he is not even top 20 right now. the value is just not there, unless we trade down a little and then pick him up, that would make sense but at 17 IDK.

knowing Tanny he picks the BPA

trade sounds good but for now trades are not allowed. sanchez is a potential top ten pick while freeman is barely a 1st rounder

After his great Pro-Day, Freeman might be moving up. And according to the News, the Jets were watching him closely. I really believe the value is not there, at #17, for any of our needs and a trade down should be an option. I mean if you put a gun to my head and say make a pick at #17, it would have to be Hakeem Nicks but with reservations.

After his great Pro-Day, Freeman might be moving up. And according to the News, the Jets were watching him closely. I really believe the value is not there, at #17, for any of our needs and a trade down should be an option. I mean if you put a gun to my head and say make a pick at #17, it would have to be Hakeem Nicks but with reservations.

josh freeman might be moving up but he will not move above mark sanchez even if mark gets caught beating up a 2 dollar hooker in LA between now and the Draft

josh freeman might be moving up but he will not move above mark sanchez even if mark gets caught beating up a 2 dollar hooker in LA between now and the Draft

I totally agree but that's why I want to trade down. You said the rules were to write in options. Let Minnesota or Tampa Bay take Sanchez.

Run to the podium with my Moreno card.

Next season or even the following one we're going to be back to not having a consistent back to lead our running game. Knowshon is that back. I can't believe the consensus has him dropping out of the top 10.

please God no. not a TE at 17. if the jets do that i think i'll just kill myself.

Hakeem Nicks would need a serious amount of consideration. I also believe you have to at least think about Mark Sanchez as an option. I know a lot of people don't want him but if the Organisation thinks he would be a franchise QB, I don't see how you could pass up on him.

Other players I'd consider - Wells, Heyward-Bey (Although I'm not a huge fan), Moreno etc. Something to improve the offense anyways. A weapon (Even if it's to reinforce the running game) to help our QB's.

+1 on Sanchez/Nicks

who wouldn't want Clemens or Ratliff throwing to them? That is the real question here

No but seriously this is a WR draft and if we dont get one of the top receivers in it then it would piss me off.

so you can pick sanchez now and pick Juaquin iglesias and patrick turner on the second day. patrick turner has chemistry with mark sanchez and Juaquin reminds me of wayne chrebet

ZrxjFw9uwU4

0qGtpemtA08

wDJCgQLrvl4

well i'm going to make sanchez the pick. i like knowshon moreno more but already having 2 probowl RBs on the roster and no QB scares me. kellen, ratliff and erik might turn out to be great but they might not, and missing out on a franchise caliber talent like sanchez could hurt us even more. so for now jets will pick sanchez.

Archived