New York Jets Mafia Game Thread

Bleedin Green

I only have 1 vote. Yes there are others I find suspicious (including Doggin and Vic) but I'm not prepared to vote for a potential cop and the guilty vibe I get from Doggin isn't as strong as the one I'm getting from you. It's not that complicated. If and when the time comes that my vote is needed drop the hammer I'll consider changing it.

Incidentally I find it comical that you're chastising me for focusing on you when your attack on me "started your day" and has continued throughout.

My point all along has been you keep saying such and such is a compelling case, and not changing your vote. Other than CTM, I haven't been saying anyone else was a good case -- and I think quieter is more dangerous

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haha, anything would be nice. :P In seriousness, you returned from a long absence with 3 sentences and a vote. Do you have thoughts on anyone other than SMC? What about me/AVM/Slats, or CTM/EY/Doggin, or Pac? I think what you said about SMC makes sense, I'd just like you to contribute more. :D

I hear ya. Just haven't had much time since Friday, so I've been very brief. Just wanna totally catch up and then I'll try throw out my thoughts.

Question Dan.... these are all posts from yesterday where you continually accused AVM of being the SK... Why is my suspicion of him so peculiar when you yourself were leading the charge a short 24 hours ago? And if you're still convinced he's the SK why aren't you voting him or SMC?

In addition your accusations were for the most part unchallenged by AVM... why is he attacking every one of my posts but gave you a pass on all but calling him the SK in multiple posts? now that's strange.

JVoR made the point before that those who don't need to read carefully are those who already know everything. I know he turned out to be scum, but that argument makes sense to me.

Overall you seem much more carefree this game. Which may be because you're scum, or you're a serial killer. I will go reread your posts from the last game to make sure.

If AVM is the person, I'd say he's a serial killer, not a vigilante. My reasoning is that he has the liberty of not needing to read things carefully. Come on, voting for Crusher, along with totally missing what EY was saying in the ROBOCOP conversation? I think the only person who could be so cavalier about things like that would be someone who:

a) doesn't really care who's in the game or how people are playing (because he just needs to kill everyone)

and B) didn't need to understand the SMC/ROBOCOP discussion because he already knows what the role is and who has it (himself)

Not to mention, JVoR was the main person pushing AVM on Day 1.

AVM is my best bet for that, too. But in that case, we would get confirmation that AVM does have that role, as he wouldn't be able to get benched.

Question Dan.... these are all posts from yesterday where you continually accused AVM of being the SK... Why is my suspicion of him so peculiar when you yourself were leading the charge a short 24 hours ago? And if you're still convinced he's the SK why aren't you voting him or SMC?

In addition your accusations were for the most part unchallenged by AVM... why is he attacking every one of my posts but gave you a pass on all but calling him the SK in multiple posts? now that's strange.

Woody voted for me, and I haven't gone after him at all, because I have nothing to go with

Woody voted for me, and I haven't gone after him at all, because I have nothing to go with

Woody likes to remain neutral until he's ready to vote. It's a smart move because it doesn't allow for much dissection of his posts. In fact he could be mafia genius because no one is targeting him at all.

There's no vendetta or anything here dude.... just a game.... one where I happen to think you're dirty which is why I voted for you.

Woody likes to remain neutral until he's ready to vote. It's a smart move because it doesn't allow for much dissection of his posts. In fact he could be mafia genius because no one is targeting him at all.

There's no vendetta or anything here dude.... just a game.... one where I happen to think you're dirty which is why I voted for you.

On a side note--I'm sorry if you guys think I'm getting personal, lol.

I think you're dirty too, which is why I'm going after you, lol

On a side note--I'm sorry if you guys think I'm getting personal, lol.

I think you're dirty too, which is why I'm going after you, lol

I'm a BIG fan of senseless arguing... just ask my ex lol... no offense taken here whatsoever.

Haha, anything would be nice. :P In seriousness, you returned from a long absence with 3 sentences and a vote. Do you have thoughts on anyone other than SMC? What about me/AVM/Slats, or CTM/EY/Doggin, or Pac? I think what you said about SMC makes sense, I'd just like you to contribute more. :D

Of the first group, I think AVM has been the scummiest, mostly because he' seemed so defensiv ewhen having a low vote total. Scum panicking early, maybe. (Doug Brien with a case of the Yips?)

I guess w ehave to assume Slats is clean, so his vote om SMC is reassuring to me. Not a serious feeling on you, still.

In the second group, I think Doggin has been the scummiest. His vote for me, largely because I didn't run home and vote immediately seemed odd, especially from someone that had not been questioned much about the periods where his posts are limited. I don't mind his vote on me, or the scrutiny, I'm clean. Just seems like not much of a reason, almost Gutmanesque It's not like I was getting a lot of heat and was refusing to answer questions/adress cases against me. EY and CTM always seem scummy to me, but nothing that really stands out this game.

I don't have much of a read on Pac either, other than that he's a fairy, allegedly.

Of the first group, I think AVM has been the scummiest, mostly because he' seemed so defensiv ewhen having a low vote total. Scum panicking early, maybe. (Doug Brien with a case of the Yips?)

I guess w ehave to assume Slats is clean, so his vote om SMC is reassuring to me. Not a serious feeling on you, still.

In the second group, I think Doggin has been the scummiest. His vote for me, largely because I didn't run home and vote immediately seemed odd, especially from someone that had not been questioned much about the periods where his posts are limited. I don't mind his vote on me, or the scrutiny, I'm clean. Just seems like not much of a reason, almost Gutmanesque It's not like I was getting a lot of heat and was refusing to answer questions/adress cases against me. EY and CTM always seem scummy to me, but nothing that really stands out this game.

I don't have much of a read on Pac either, other than that he's a fairy, allegedly.

Dont EVER name me and that worthless pansy in the same sentence again!

We'll get along just fine :P

now that we're buds-- why did you respond with a ho hum attitude when Dan eluded to you being the SK in multiple posts but have vociferously defended yourself against my accusations and made me your #1 suspect?

now that we're buds-- why did you respond with a ho hum attitude when Dan eluded to you being the SK in multiple posts but have vociferously defended yourself against my accusations and made me your #1 suspect?

If you remember--I made you my #1 suspect before you posted your vote against me (which early on had nothing to do with the SK/Vig angle).

Quite frankly, if I was suspicious of everyone that said several times I was most likely the SK or Vig, I'd be posting against half the group right now. I think I counted 5 or 6?

Townies have suspicions about innocents all the time--again, I voted for the Doc last game (as did several others). Simply voting for me, and posting several times about it, isn't going to make me suspicious.

If you remember--I made you my #1 suspect before you posted your vote against me (which early on had nothing to do with the SK/Vig angle).

Quite frankly, if I was suspicious of everyone that said several times I was most likely the SK or Vig, I'd be posting against half the group right now. I think I counted 5 or 6?

Townies have suspicions about innocents all the time--again, I voted for the Doc last game (as did several others). Simply voting for me, and posting several times about it, isn't going to make me suspicious.

You're right. You did that on your own. :D

I'm leaving for the night, so before I go, I'm voting: Pac because I think there's something to Doggin's idea about leaving SMC be for the night, and also hope in the future Vicious won't make lists of his top suspects like that.

Furthermore, Pac was the other player Vicious has been questioning throughout the game, so I think lynching Pac also helps narrow down the field of suspects for Vicious.

There's really nothing at all to that idea. I don't understand why you'd vote based on it. Doggin is saying that the scum is likely going to target confirmed innocents tonight, seeing as how Vicious will almost certainly be protected.

I agree with that portion.

What I don't agree with is why they would try and guess which one of the 4 (or 3 if we lynch SMC) are likely to be investigated by Vic (assuming he's going to even investigate one of those 4), when they could accomplish the same goal with minimal risk by shooting slats tonight...

If slats isn't scum, he is/or should be the #2 man on the scums hit list, unless thy think AVM is a vig. Period.

Whats our unofficial tally right now?

I really don't buy him being scum--I'm completely sold on Pac, with the constant agreeing that such and such is a strong case against players A,B, and C, yet he doesn't change his vote from me, who he says is just among the muddled middle that he can't find much suspicion in? Just doesn't make sense.

How many times now has Pac posted something along the lines of "this makes a ton of sense, but I see nothing to change me from voting AVM," DESPITE saying he finds no one particularly scummy other than Vic?

Honestly seems like an attempt at distancing if I turn up good. Pac needs to go, IMO. If he doesn't die via lynch, he should be at the very least investigated tonight if not taken out by the Vig.

One more thing AVM.... why did you say "if" and not when you turn up good? Freudian slip? :box:

There's really nothing at all to that idea. I don't understand why you'd vote based on it. Doggin is saying that the scum is likely going to target confirmed innocents tonight, seeing as how Vicious will almost certainly be protected.

What I don't agree with is why they would try and guess which one of the 4 (or 3 if we lynch SMC) are likely to be investigated by Vic (assuming he's going to even investigate one of those 4), when they could accomplish the same goal with minimal risk by shooting slats tonight...

If slats isn't scum, he is/or should be the #2 man on the scums hit list, unless thy think AVM is a vig. Period.

Is there a reason to keep pushing this concept? I mean, I do have other things to do this week, but geez...

Fact is that Vic's suspect list contains a couple strong players. They could decide that taking you out -you know, if you're not scum- is more beneficial than taking me out.

But really, should we be helping the scum make their plans? If so, I suggest they submit no kill tonight.

One more thing AVM.... why did you say "if" and not when you turn up good? Freudian slip? :box:

Heh--I've tried to avoid it all game, though I'm sure I've said Im an innocent once or twice at the very least. I'm just avoiding a trust me I'm innocent post, as those usually end up in a lynch

Is there a reason to keep pushing this concept? I mean, I do have other things to do this week, but geez...

Fact is that Vic's suspect list contains a couple strong players. They could decide that taking you out -you know, if you're not scum- is more beneficial than taking me out.

But really, should we be helping the scum make their plans? If so, I suggest they submit no kill tonight.

I somehow imagine you will survive the night... ;)

This is why I F'ing hate early role reveals. Can't vote for Vicious now (and if he eventually turns scum I'm going to personally pee on his face through the interwebz), won't vote SMC yet - Doggin, whom I trust as much as I'd trust the a gold-toothed loan shark, makes a good point about holding off lynching SMC. I'd like to hear more from Norway, but he hasn't done anything to raise my suspicious, ditto Woody. Dan and slats provide good analysis so I don't want to vote for them. Voting for Sharrow would give us nothing at this point, so I'm going to Vote: AVM.

If you'll read further, you'll see that my argument was pretty much shot to hell when I made the same mistake I was making a big deal of AVM making, haha. :D I thought I had something with his lack of careful reading. But mind tricks or coincidence or bad karma, whatever, I ended up looking like an ass about that. I had found the "not reading carefully" argument more compelling than the JVoR interaction argument, and I don't think the JVoR argument on its own would be enough reason to say AVM is a serial killer.

sigh... one guy telling me I'm suspicious because I'm focusing on him too much and another saying something is peculiar because there's too much back and forth with me. Which one is it?

I never said no one has done anything suspicious. I said no one has done anything overtly scummy as far as I can tell. There is a difference.

I don't know how many times I have to say it but right now the strongest vibe I have is on AVM. Could I be wrong? of course. I don't see how or why keeping my vote on my #1 suspect is so strange.

There's no contradiction here. I completely agree that you've been focusing on AVM the entire time. I was talking about other people (Doggin, SMC, EY), and how you'll point out scummy things they've done and then instead of discussing those things, you'll announce no one has done anything "overtly" scummy. I don't know how overt it needs to be for you to look into it, or why you keep bringing it up if you don't think it counts as overt.

Haha, I like how you keep guessing people's character names, by the way. I'm still impressed about the Jason Taylor/JVoR matchup. :D

I think this is fair enough for now. I don't think Doggin's vote for you was entirely unfounded (especially given his reasoning about SMC), and you were pretty high on my suspicion list as well. But I guess I'm good for now.

It makes sense to me that the mafia would target someone from Vicious's list. All four of you are experienced players. The scum know which of you are innocent, and I could see them taking one of you out, with the added bonus that it'll be the one Vicious investigated. I don't think it's a guarantee that the scum will kill Slats tonight.

I also agree this shouldn't be the sole basis of voting, which it isn't for me. Pac seems scummy to me, and I'd prefer to push him right now than to lynch SMC under these circumstances. I would rather deal with SMC tomorrow ... and make sure Vicious doesn't give away again who he might be investigating! :P

Vote Count:

SMC (4) - EY, Vicious89x, slats, Norway'sWaddlingMarmaloof

AVM (4) - Pac2566, CTM, WoodyPaige, Jets Things

Norway'sWaddlingMarmaloof (2) - Doggin94it, Sharrow

Pac2566 (2) - AVM, Dan X

CTM (1) - SMC

With 13 players remaining, it takes 7 votes to cut.

^^^ Unofficial

Well we seem deadlocked...

If you were trying to tell me to stop posting so many times in a row, I apologize ... just replying to posts as I caught up from last night. :D

I'll be busy all morning until 1:00 or so. I may be able to check in once or twice.

Archived