New York Jets Mafia Game Thread

Bleedin Green

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chan, it was thursday night. You know what I do on thursday nights? I go shabbos shopping, and then I cook (since my wife hates cooking). I said I'd be back to vote AVM before going to bed if absolutely necessary.

And interestingly enough, several people were convinced enough to vote Norway or unvote AVM . . . at least until you "threw water on it"

BTW, what's a "stalement"?

I meant stalemate..

:rolleyes: I'll believe that when I see it.

Yes. obviously, in addition to adding a second NK'er, our mod - in the interests of balance - gave scum an ability to kill multiple players in the day phase. That suggestion makes even less sense than Robocop, and I'm really, really wondering why EY is so convinced you're innocent.

Or, and this is 1 idea, maybe you are planning to lynch Norway, say woops, then have one of your teammates counterclaim vic tomorrow with a guilty result, which of course you will advise us to lynch the guilty (which gives you the win)

I really don't know why you are playing dumb and making me give strategy out..

Exactly. Cause you love WIFOM's and the churn they create..

I'm not going to presume to have a read on what you are doing. If you are guilty I know for a fact that you are in the process of tangling us up as best you can. WHich is all the post above indicates to me..

Correct and correct. When I'm scum, I love to play both sides of the WIFOM issue - maybe make one move precisely because its a WIFOM, make 2 that aren't, a 3rd that might be 3 levels down. WIFOMs are my friend - because if you guess wrong on which is which, it can devastate the town. Which makes the best move the town can make if I'm scum completely ignoring everything I said before being killed as a clue to analyze other players with. And that, of course, is helpful to my team in and of itself, 'cause like everyone else, I'll make a mistake or two as scum, too.

Except I'm not scum this game. Hopefully, Vic can confirm that, either today or tomorrow.

And as a townie, I obviously don't play that way. I present straight analysis, as best as I can. And I think Norway is guilty, with you and Yellin not far behind on my list. I'm really hoping Vic viewed one of the 3 of us last night.

I meant stalemate..

I know. Just:Nuts:

Or, and this is 1 idea, maybe you are planning to lynch Norway, say woops, then have one of your teammates counterclaim vic tomorrow with a guilty result, which of course you will advise us to lynch the guilty (which gives you the win)

I really don't know why you are playing dumb and making me give strategy out..

I've been calling for a counterclaim (if Vic is fake) since yesterday. I've already pointed out today is endgame -1, in all likelihood, and we've agreed any townie counterclaim needs to happen now (should have happened yesterday, but now at the very latest).

So no, if someone counterclaims tomorrow with a supposed guilty, I won't suggest lynching the guilty result. I'll suggest lynching the counterclaimant, since there is no reason a townie would wait that long to counterclaim.

Let me be clear. If there is a townie out there being cute and thinking about hanging back for a day, don't. Because if you counterclaim tomorrow, I will vote for you, encourage every other player in the game to vote for you, and when you're lynched and flip innocent, I will spit on your corpse before the mafia NK's me, because you will have lost the game for our team.

*deep breath*

Any other obviously absurd stratagems to suggest, Chan?

No, I'm not going to give anymore.

The point is that we are potentially close enough to end game that it's within the realm of beliveability scum would sell out on it..

Heck last game EY had the game won but couldn't wait one more night to NK AVM...

The point is that we are potentially close enough to end game that it's within the realm of beliveability scum would sell out on it..

Heck last game EY had the game won but couldn't wait one more night to NK AVM...

And I've been "selling out" on Norway for 2 days, right?

I have no patience.

I'm going to try to get a train started on WP. See where it goes.

Vote: WoodyPaige

BTW, if nobody else is going to join me on Norway, I'm willing to move on to Woody. I find it interesting, though, that two people who expressed an interest in voting Norway yesterday were killed, leaving the most suspicious of those (me) alive - and that suddenly I'm the only one voting Norway again.

BTW, if nobody else is going to join me on Norway, I'm willing to move on to Woody. I find it interesting, though, that two people who expressed an interest in voting Norway yesterday were killed, leaving the most suspicious of those (me) alive - and that suddenly I'm the only one voting Norway again.

Are you suggesting the same scum team gets 2 NK's or that Norway is running the SK and scum team ;)

The case on norway, for EY and Norway. I'll freely admit its not a strong case, but I think its the strongest one going:

1: pattern of day 1 unvotes - scum pushing innocent train then looking to leap off prior to death? Doesn't read that way on vic, but could on JB, and reasons for voting/unvoting were sketchy to begin with.

2: Monstrous number of spam posts day 1. Very good tactic for mafia, since it became clear last game that post-counting (without regard to post-content) would be used to select potential lynch/pressure targets. Allows player to post often, while saying little that could be analyzed.

3: Repeated "I'm catching up and will post soon" comments, followed up by lack of posting.

4. Residual concern that Vic could be mafia and 'real cop' is following CTM's bad advice. Don't really believe it, but it remains a possibility, and if true the Vic unvote becomes scummy

You can now add to it the vote on Sharrow (who I honestly believe was the most blatantly innocent player in the game), the "lets lynch AVM, even if we think he's innocent, rather than pressuring Norway, because Norway might not show" attitude by CTM (rather than simply making the attempt then switching to AVM when there was literally no other choice), and the overaggressiveness in defense shown by Norway.

1: Strongest part of the case thus far. It's possible he jumped off at the last minute to assuage suspicion.

2: Irrelevent. He's a spammer. So are guys like Vic, JiF, and Crusher. I ignore those posts rather than analyze them. If he were a 'new spammer', I'd look into it more.

3: I refuse to vote along these lines. I don't think someone should be accountable for their real life to everyone in the game. He said he'd be back in 'a few'. You decided what 'a few' was, and voted for him. It looks like you're looking for anything to add to point 1.

4: I think Vic lying is worth considering, though I believe he's telling the truth. I actually read this as a point against your case. If Norway is guilty, he'd already know that Vic was legit. (unless Vic is the SK, I doubt it) I doubt Norway would go after him as scum, as he'd be setting himself up for the obvious next day lynch.

5: Sharrow (6) CTM, Dan X, Pac, Woody, Norway, VIc He could have been distancing himself from a known innocent again, but it's fairly obvious, by this 'top suspicions list', that not everyone thought Sharrow was 'clearly the most innocent' player in the game.

-------------------------------------------------------

You have a case, but I don't think how hard you're pushing it matches the strength of it. That's why I'm going with my list over yours right now.

WHat? You voted half the field yesterday.. ;)

AVM, Vic, SMC, Pac, Norway, am I missing anyone?

:rolleyes:

Well, you work with what you've got, I suppose, but even so, this is weak. I pretty consistently had Norway at the top of my suspicion/lynch list, behind only Vic (whose reveal ended that) and voted for others only when the Norway vote was hanging out on its own or I was provided no other option. But you know that already

Odd, yesterday you seemed willing to at least pressure Norway. Now, not so much.

1: Strongest part of the case thus far. It's possible he jumped off at the last minute to assuage suspicion.

2: Irrelevent. He's a spammer. So are guys like Vic, JiF, and Crusher. I ignore those posts rather than analyze them. If he were a 'new spammer', I'd look into it more.

3: I refuse to vote along these lines. I don't think someone should be accountable for their real life to everyone in the game. He said he'd be back in 'a few'. You decided what 'a few' was, and voted for him. It looks like you're looking for anything to add to point 1.

4: I think Vic lying is worth considering, though I believe he's telling the truth. I actually read this as a point against your case. If Norway is guilty, he'd already know that Vic was legit. (unless Vic is the SK, I doubt it) I doubt Norway would go after him as scum, as he'd be setting himself up for the obvious next day lynch.

5: Sharrow (6) CTM, Dan X, Pac, Woody, Norway, VIc He could have been distancing himself from a known innocent again, but it's fairly obvious, by this 'top suspicions list', that not everyone thought Sharrow was 'clearly the most innocent' player in the game.

-------------------------------------------------------

You have a case, but I don't think how hard you're pushing it matches the strength of it. That's why I'm going with my list over yours right now.

I think that assessment is fair, but that's because I'm not pushing it based on the strength of the case alone. I also think lynching Norway gives us info about CTM and possibly a few other players - add that to the strength of the case, compare it to the strength of the cases on anyone else, and tell me who I should be voting for. Woody? I can see it - just not as much as I see Norway, especially because he doesn't tie into anyone at all. Woody is the type of player who needs to be investigated, b/c almost nothing he does will give you a read one way or the other (though that flare-up of defensiveness does have me intrigued enough to see him as a viable second option)

I think that assessment is fair, but that's because I'm not pushing it based on the strength of the case alone. I also think lynching Norway gives us info about CTM and possibly a few other players - add that to the strength of the case, compare it to the strength of the cases on anyone else, and tell me who I should be voting for. Woody? I can see it - just not as much as I see Norway, especially because he doesn't tie into anyone at all. Woody is the type of player who needs to be investigated, b/c almost nothing he does will give you a read one way or the other (though that flare-up of defensiveness does have me intrigued enough to see him as a viable second option)

I'd say Woody, or maybe Jets Things. Obviously you wont vote yourself.

Again, I'm sticking with my Red players for today, unless we get some more info on Norway/Pac.

I'm incredibly uncomfortable with your connection between Norway/CTM though.

You grouped me with Doggin and Jets Things so you can go with one of them. Or Norway. Thats where I'm leaning right now just to what happens.

So, you want me to go on to one of my other thoughts, or Doggin's, rather than any of your own.

I'd say Woody, or maybe Jets Things. Obviously you wont vote yourself.

Again, I'm sticking with my Red players for today, unless we get some more info on Norway/Pac.

I'm incredibly uncomfortable with your connection between Norway/CTM though.

Uncomfortable meaning you see it and it bothers you, or uncomfortable meaning you don't think its there

:rolleyes:

Well, you work with what you've got, I suppose, but even so, this is weak. I pretty consistently had Norway at the top of my suspicion/lynch list, behind only Vic (whose reveal ended that) and voted for others only when the Norway vote was hanging out on its own or I was provided no other option. But you know that already

Odd, yesterday you seemed willing to at least pressure Norway. Now, not so much.

Doggin. I'm in a holding pattern till I hear from Vic.

There's a decent chance he investigated you, and frankly my thoughts on Norway have become tangled up in trying to figure out if you are running something here. If Vic has you innocent, I will be able to think more clearly..

re: the votes, i was kidding. What did you say to me yesterday about getting awfully defensive over being wrong? :D

Oh - one bit of good news. The mafia alts are coming, and I have a game setup for them that's just freaking amazing . . . but I need to get a few authorizations first.

Excellent!

Agreed on both accounts..

Why wouldn't a serial killer go after Pac though? Clearly Pac's the biggest threat to him?

That was my very first thought.

I've got some catching up to do. :coff:

Uncomfortable meaning you see it and it bothers you, or uncomfortable meaning you don't think its there

There's no link. NONE. I have no clue as to his alignment, he could be SK, Scum or doctor for all I know.

This is why you are making me uncomfortable that you are running a scam.. I've got several ideas, and I'm sure there's angles I'm not even considering..

Excellent!

That was my very first thought.

I've got some catching up to do. :coff:

If you are innocent, we could really use you right now..

My heads spinning a bit, those NK's don't make a lot of sense for either scum/SK or Vig..

I'm fairly confident doggin is involved in the NK's.. Maybe as SK

I don't think it's there. And to a lesser degree, uncomfortable that you keep pushing it.

OK. Since you don't think it's there, that's understandable. (To be frank, knowing CTM, I'd be uncomfortable if too many people did see it; if he links himself to a player that obviously, he's probably not mafia. Of course, that leads me down a WIFOM trail, but the point is that I'm looking for something subtle, and I think I see something subtle). If Norway's innocent, it's a moot point, anyway. But I can't know that until we lynch Norway or Vic tells me he investigated him

Day two has begun.

With 10 players remaining, it takes 6 to cut.

Roster:

1. CTM

2. EY

3. Doggin94it

4. slats

8. WoodyPaige

9. SMC

11. Vicious89x

12. Jets Things

13. Norway'sWaddlingMarmaloof

16. Pac2566

Gentlemen - everyone other than Vic has now checked in today, and we still have no counterclaim.

Therefore, Vic is our cop, and Slats should not be a lynch candidate until 2 more mafia members go down (and even then as a last resort).

Agreed?

Archived