The Bleacher Creatures Didn't Make The Move...

Maxman

apparently they didn't come over to the new stadium. They tried to do the role call yesterday and it was a disaster. I think the bleacher mentality may be gone. The new bleachers are pretty nice and they have access to the stadium. They are not cut off from the world, so the us vs them (box seat) mentality may be lost.

Not the end of the world but that stuff was always fun.

I heard the Yankees worked closely with them when building the new stadium. Don't know what the deal was yesterday though. Stadium was definitely quiet. Maybe when the white collar crows moves out and the blue collar crowd moves in after this series.

Or maybe its to expensive for the blue collar fans.

Time to hit the panic button when the worst team in the AL is kicking your ass 15-2 in the 3rd inning. Bleacher creatures are on their way home.

Indians may have the worst record (In April) but they are far from the worst team in the AL. They have a good hitting lineup.

Indians may have the worst record (In April) but they are far from the worst team in the AL. They have a good hitting lineup.

Well worst team in the AL thus far. I think the Yankees will heat up though. Still I hate losing games.

apparently they didn't come over to the new stadium. They tried to do the role call yesterday and it was a disaster. I think the bleacher mentality may be gone. The new bleachers are pretty nice and they have access to the stadium. They are not cut off from the world, so the us vs them (box seat) mentality may be lost.

Not the end of the world but that stuff was always fun.

I hope they just took a day off... either way, I'm glad I got to be a bleacher creature before the tradition died.

I heard the Yankees worked closely with them when building the new stadium.

Did they? I didn't... the Yankees turned half the bleachers into an obstructed view...

They should've moved the actual blue bleachers over from the old stadium, especially the one with the plaque.

attachment.php?attachmentid=891&stc=1&d=1240091511

post-1522-1280464002253_thumb.jpg

ouch...20-2 is just utterly embarassing. it's a good thing that the result can only be 1 loss, no matter what the score...

and a 6-6 record, it could be worse. Outside of Wang, the pitching really hasn't been that bad, he's just given us pathetic performances and puts us in deep holes, with no chance to win. He needs to be sent down to work it out, because he's really killing our bullpen.

and a 6-6 record, it could be worse. Outside of Wang, the pitching really hasn't been that bad, he's just given us pathetic performances and puts us in deep holes, with no chance to win. He needs to be sent down to work it out, because he's really killing our bullpen.

yeah...i made the comment in the other thread....but it's sounding like then yanks have built themselves a bandbox. idk about you but i wouldn't be happy about that.

yeah...i made the comment in the other thread....but it's sounding like then yanks have built themselves a bandbox. idk about you but i wouldn't be happy about that.

I liked it yesterday after Jeter's cheap HR, and I hated it today, but Wang is a ground ball pitcher, it shouldn't effect him, he's just awful right now. Real awful.

I liked it yesterday after Jeter's cheap HR, and I hated it today, but Wang is a ground ball pitcher, it shouldn't effect him, he's just awful right now. Real awful.

They will definitely skip his next start. I kind of hope they send him down to AAA to get some innings in and work on his mechanics to get things more consistent.

His release point has been off this year.

It would be better to get his mechanics at 100% before sending him back out there. We do it too soon and waste another game like tonight. If going to the minors is the only thing that will truly fix his mechanics--go for it. We can afford more than a band-aid this early in the season.

Since its the same dimensions explain to me how its bandbox now? I'm not saying it isn't, I just want to know what the deal is.

It isn't the same dimensions. Similar, but shorter in a few spots. Also, the wind is surely different.

So there are obstructed views at the new stadium and it's a band box to boot?

Yeah, 5 dollar obstructed areas in the bleachers. By the way, Camden Yards is a band box, and that's one the nicest ballparks in the country

Other bands boxes:

Ballpark in Arlighton

Citizens Bank Park

Coors Field

Great-American Ballpark

Minute-Maid Park

Miller Park

Since its the same dimensions explain to me how its bandbox now? I'm not saying it isn't, I just want to know what the deal is.

When I went to game 2 against the cubbies my buddy and I noticed how much the ball was flying off the hitters bats. The dimensions looked exactly the same and I've not read anything saying there is any difference at all in the overall dimensions.

We figured the ball could have been flying off the bat so well because a good portion of the stadium is open from the outside. The great hall has huge gaps that allow air flow from outside the stadium which could be a reason for it but the ball was definitely carrying a lot more than the old stadium.

When I went to game 2 against the cubbies my buddy and I noticed how much the ball was flying off the hitters bats. The dimensions looked exactly the same and I've not read anything saying there is any difference at all in the overall dimensions.

We figured the ball could have been flying off the bat so well because a good portion of the stadium is open from the outside. The great hall has huge gaps that allow air flow from outside the stadium which could be a reason for it but the ball was definitely carrying a lot more than the old stadium.

Playing in such a ballpark can wreak havoc with how you construct a staff and putting together a ball club.

The Phillies won with it last year, but it took an awesome job by their pen, and a perfect season from Lidge.

It will be interesting to see how the ball reacts in the stadium once the heat comes.

I vaguely remember the Phillies moving the walls back in the offseason a few years ago. Shortly after CBP opened.

They did in left field. They added the flower baskets in front and raised the wall.

From an early, early, early perspective on Yankee, it is more wind currents than the outfield wall configuration or dimensions. That is harder to correct.

Again, it is early and it will be interesting to see how it plays in teh Summer months. Either the currents will be exacerbated, or they could change.

Every park plays differently.

They did in left field. They added the flower baskets in front and raised the wall.

From an early, early, early perspective on Yankee, it is more wind currents than the outfield wall configuration or dimensions. That is harder to correct.

Again, it is early and it will be interesting to see how it plays in teh Summer months. Either the currents will be exacerbated, or they could change.

Every park plays differently.

It may have to do with the Great Hall, which is right next to the RF. There isn't windows in the arches in there, it's open air, so the wind gusts from the Harlem River may be having an affect, who knows...

Archived