TSN; NFL draft: Boldin, Peppers could be relocating

SoFlaJets

Draft day could be moving day for some big NFL names. Here are the five veterans most likely to be traded on draft day and their likely destinations:

Anquan Boldin, WR, Cardinals

Likely destination: Eagles. They still have a first-rounder (No. 21) and 10 overall picks, enough ammunition to entice the Cardinals. Adding Boldin could be the weapon Donovan McNabb needs to get the Eagles that elusive ring.

Also in the mix: Giants, Ravens, Jets. All of them need a No. 1-caliber wide receiver, and Boldin is versatile enough to fit into any system.

Braylon Edwards, WR Browns

Likely destination: Giants. They need a replacement for Plaxico Burress. Edwards has the personality to handle the New York market, and general manager Jerry Reese likes big targets who are used to cold weather. The Giants can offer draft picks plus one of their young receivers in return, either Steve Smith or Domenik Hixon. Reese, however, downplays the notion that the Giants must get a receiver to win a Super Bowl.

"We like Mario (Manningham), we like Steve Smith, we like Hixon," Reese said. "We like our tight ends. I think people are panicked a little bit about the receiver. I don't think we are panicked about it. There are different ways to win Super Bowls."

But we have seen the Giants with a big-play receiver, and we've seen them without one. The Giants are better with one.

Also in the mix: Ravens, Jets. Joe Flacco could use a big target in Baltimore, and a receiver like Edwards would take some pressure off the Jets' young quarterbacks.

Brady Quinn, QB, Browns

Likely destination: Jets. Kellen Clemens and Brett Ratliff are battling for the No. 1 job, but Quinn is a tempting alternative.

Also in the mix: Lions, Buccaneers, 49ers. If the Lions do not take Matthew Stafford, Quinn could be their fallback.

Julius Peppers, DE, Panthers

Likely destination: Patriots. Bill Belichick loves to grab proven defensive veterans, and Peppers has asked for a trade.

Also in the mix: Eagles, Broncos. Both are long shots, but you never know.

Chad Johnson, WR, Bengals

Likely destination: Eagles. It would only happen if a) Bengals owner Mike Brown finally gives in to Johnson's trade request, which does not seem likely, and B) if the Eagles fail to get Boldin.

Also in the mix: Raiders.

ya i know...sad but true..with our OL and RBs, coupled with a lights out D, I would be feeling very confident with Chad as QB

nah...he needs the hot Florida weather to get that arm high enough to throw these days-in NJ in the winter we'd be seeing duck season all over again. I think we'll be alright with Clemens at the helm.

If Cleveland goes Sanchez at 5, or feels like Anderson is the better option, even though I love Kellen Clemens, I certainly would not mind to see Brady Quinn brought to New York. Competition, right everyone? ;)

If Cleveland goes Sanchez at 5, or feels like Anderson is the better option, even though I love Kellen Clemens, I certainly would not mind to see Brady Quinn brought to New York. Competition, right everyone? ;)

no thanks give Clemens a shot behind a good OL we spent a second rounder on him I'd like to see what we spent it on. Brady Quinn kind of sucks

Competition? NO. If we trade for a QB like Quinn, he's the starter. PERIOD. You do not trade for him and then put him in a QB competition with the price it will take to get him.

The only two players I want from this list are Boldin or Edwards. Peppers will demand way too much coin and isn't a need, Ocho Cinco is over the hill and grossly overhyped and Quinn does NOTHING to answer our QB situation. It goes along the same lines as drafting Sanchez or Freeman in the first, they all bring the one thing we do have on our team: Game time INEXPERIENCE in the NFL.

I'd go as far to offer our 1st, 3rd and a 3rd next year or end the Brad Smith experiment to get the deal done for either of these guys. As much as we're going to be a run first offense, having the attention of the secondary to a big-time WR with Cotch on the opposite side will keep Ds from stacking the box on whoever we have behind center.

Peppers nor Chad Johnson are getting traded. I've heard many times that Johnson will stay with the Bengals, and I don't think anyone wants Peppers 1-year deal as of now.

As of Brady Quinn, I never liked him. F*** him, I rather go with Hellen.

I've been thinking the same thing & if the Lions don't take Sanchez, Mangini does.

i will probably be killed for this but what about this trade:

Jets trade:

1st Round pick (17)

3rd Round Pick

Kellen Clemens

Bryan Thomas

Browns Trade:

Braylon Edwards

Brady Quinn

The Jets get the big play WR they have been dreaming about and a potential franchise QB (who at his worst is still better than Clemens). We then use our second round pick to draft a DL like Gilbert and then can get a value RB in the fourth. We would then come out of the draft with a proven WR, more stability at the QB and 4 draft picks

Thoughts?

Jets trade:

1st Round pick (17)

3rd Round Pick

Kellen Clemens

Bryan Thomas

Browns Trade:

Braylon Edwards

Brady Quinn

The Jets get the big play WR they have been dreaming about and a potential franchise QB (who at his worst is still better than Clemens). We then use our second round pick to draft a DL like Gilbert and then can get a value RB in the fourth. We would then come out of the draft with a proven WR, more stability at the QB and 4 draft picks

Thoughts?

Before I posted my comment, I thought a trade similar to that. Thats overvaluing Bryan Thomas though and we'd have to give up ALOT to acquire both of those players. If a trade like that happens I'd see the Jets trading this years 1st, next years 1st and Clemens at least to acquire both Edwards and Quinn. Would it answer our needs? Sort of again because Brady Quinn like Clemens has done nothing in the league to warrant us to give up that much. Also it would be messy moving those contracts around because each team will probably be eating parts of contracts up. I hope Ryan lets Clemens and Ratliff battle it out and not use picks to get a QB who can't walk in the door and be a hands-down starter from day 1

Jets trade:

1st Round pick (17)

3rd Round Pick

Kellen Clemens

Bryan Thomas

Browns Trade:

Braylon Edwards

Brady Quinn

Thoughts?

Way too much IMO.

Archived