T0mShane Answers Your Draft Day Questions

Maxman

Be sure to draft us while the draft is on as T0mShane answers all your questions. He will give you the latest scoop on who is looking to trade up, who is looking to trade down and who is staying put. You don't want to miss this.

This service is being brought to you by JetNation.com free of charge.

Thanks for doing this Tom.

Be sure to draft us while the draft is on as T0mShane answers all your questions. He will give you the latest scoop on who is looking to trade up, who is looking to trade down and who is staying put. You don't want to miss this.

:character42:

Whatever crack house former USC receiver Mike Williams is crawling around in right now, he should re-enter this draft and he should be the Jets pick. This is my "buzz."

What I'm Hearing:

1. Baylor LT prospect Jason Smith was a former Tight End. Prior to his first prison stint, our own Max was also a former Tight End.

2. Illinois CB Vontae Davis' much-publicized attitude issues have some GM's comparing him to former Titans and Cowboys CB Adam"Pac Man" Jones. Davis refuted the comparison, claiming he "ain't never owned no mother****in' Atari."

3. USC QB Mark Sanchez also had his own off-the-field issues, with rape allegations sabotaging his Sophomore campaign. Sanchez was cleared however, when, under cross-examination, his accuser kept referring to Sanchez as "A.C. Slater." Mario Lopez is still wanted for questioning in the case.

slater.jpg

4. Jets' GM Mike Tannenbaum, at the league meetings earlier this month, continued to bristle at reports that he was hired by Woody Johnson only after an "American Idol"-like reality competition that took place at Woody Johnson's Hamptons Estate, and also denies that Woody Johnson's new nickname for him is "Susan Boyle."

90667_meet-susan-boyle-britains-surprise-music-sensation.jpg

5. In an effort to avoid being drafted by the Detroit Lions, Georgia QB Matt Stafford has already signed endorsement deals with foreign automakers Volkswagen, Isuzu, Honda, Hyundai, BMW, Toyota, Saab, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Fiat, Kia, and Mercedes-Benz, as well as doing commercials for "People For The Ethical Treatment of People Who Hate ****holes Like Detroit."

Want more? Sign up for JN Insider

what are the chances terry bradway stabs tanny in the leg and then trades up in the top five to draft dwayne robertson, who ironically re enters the draft at the last minute.

74%, but this time Bradway will feel the need to trade up to #3, since someone "stole" Robertson at #4 the last time.

what would you recommend for a menu for watching the draft at home ?

For picks #1 through 16, scotch. For pick #17, arsenic.

T0mshane,

i have a draft coming from my sliding doors, what would be the best way to fix it. should i use chalk or use one of those door draft stoppers? oz717b.jpg

thanks for answering!

sincerely,

gg

Well, gg, you should do the best you can to find out if the draft is coming from inside the door frame (seeping in through the track), or if it's coming in from outside the frame.

It's likely that the draft is coming in from around the doors themselves (through the track). Stock sliding doors and tracks have a weather-strip (usually rubber, or polypropylene) that will eventually wear out with use. Many door manufacturers will sell replacement weather-stripping that is fairly easy to install. Just find your manufacturer, the door style and model number (imprinted on a sticker or tag inside the track, or on the edge of one of the doors), go online, and get started stopping that draft!

But, if you determine that the draft is coming in around the doorframe, a quick bead of clear silicone caulk will solve that problem quickly and cheaply!

Good luck!

Your pal, Tom

Well, gg, you should do the best you can to find out if the draft is coming from inside the door frame (seeping in through the track), or if it's coming in from outside the frame.

It's likely that the draft is coming in from around the doors themselves (through the track). Stock sliding doors and tracks have a weather-strip (usually rubber, or polypropylene) that will eventually wear out with use. Many door manufacturers will sell replacement weather-stripping that is fairly easy to install. Just find your manufacturer, the door style and model number (imprinted on a sticker or tag inside the track, or on the edge of one of the doors), go online, and get started stopping that draft!

But, if you determine that the draft is coming in around the doorframe, a quick bead of clear silicone caulk will solve that problem quickly and cheaply!

Good luck!

Your pal, Tom

thank you T0m. you saved me a trip to home depot to ask those know-it-all salesmen there.

Those guys are dicks!

really? from what i heard, they didnt have any dicks... Oh wait .. you were talking about personality.. then yeah..that is true.

:D

if i need anything, i would go to LOWEs anyway.

Tom- For Draftday

Do i go with Kungpao Chicken or do I go with General Tsou's ?

tks for doing this

Tough call, afo: one the one hand, General Tsao's is not as zesty as the Kungpao, but the Kungpao could really upset your stomach, which would be a drag if you plan on watching all three rounds on the first day. You don't want to be popping Alka-Seltzer all day while you're desperately trying to figure out who the Detroit Lions are going to STEAL at the top of the third!

My advice? Go with Sweet and Sour Chicken--tasty, with low residual gastrointestinal ramifications.

Tough call, afo: one the one hand, General Tsao's is not as zesty as the Kungpao, but the Kungpao could really upset your stomach, which would be a drag if you plan on watching all three rounds on the first day. You don't want to be popping Alka-Seltzer all day while you're desperately trying to figure out who the Detroit Lions are going to STEAL at the top of the third!

My advice? Go with Sweet and Sour Chicken--tasty, with low residual gastrointestinal ramifications.

Nice call!:D

Archived