The Smiley Killer (Crazy Cops) Game 2 Thread.

As far as choosing Doggin during night 2, ideally I would've gotten Dan and let Doggin and EY battle each other, let one of them get lynched, and I'd be home free. Unfortunately Dan protected himself and I wasn't gonna risk missing again. At that point I had to choose between Doggin and EY and since Doggin had already pointed out that if he was the SK it was impossible for me to be the real cop (would've had to have been either EY or Slats) the only chance I had was to counter claim EY as the insane cop. FWIW considering EY hit the nail on the head with my "throw **** at the wall and see what sticks" strategy I count JiF voting for EY some sort of moral victory (yes I am aware he was drunk as a skunk, I'll still take it).

Anyone have any advice on what they would've done in my spot? I'd love to get some insight and see if there's anything I could learn about the game.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As far as choosing Doggin during night 2, ideally I would've gotten Dan and let Doggin and EY battle each other, let one of them get lynched, and I'd be home free. Unfortunately Dan protected himself and I wasn't gonna risk missing again. At that point I had to choose between Doggin and EY and since Doggin had already pointed out that if he was the SK it was impossible for me to be the real cop (would've had to have been either EY or Slats) the only chance I had was to counter claim EY as the insane cop. FWIW considering EY hit the nail on the head with my "throw **** at the wall and see what sticks" strategy I count JiF voting for EY some sort of moral victory (yes I am aware he was drunk as a skunk, I'll still take it).

Anyone have any advice on what they would've done in my spot? I'd love to get some insight and see if there's anything I could learn about the game.

Doggin and I wouldn't necessarily be fighting each other. You forget, I had actual evidence that you were guilty. Unlike anyone in the game, I KNEW it. The only tricky part was getting everyone to believe it.

I also knew you were going to go the 'I pushed slats' angle, so I prepared for it.

The fact that it was simply my word vs yours was the problem. I accepted that, and presented it, you tried the '**** against the wall'. Ultimately, pointing that out won us the game.

My other strategy would be not to hit the doc night one, especially in a 6 man game. :rl: Seriously though, sometimes the best laid plans wont work. Last game, my team would have been in good shape if JT didn't plug 1/3 of us on night 1. We were done from there. 2 members with another NK out there and an entire roster to go through.

Once you were blocked, and I got lucky hitting you night one, it was pretty much over.

IN a game like this getting your 1st NK blocked was hard to recover from imo. If the town had no lynched today you would've been painted into a corner and lost no matter what..

Also, since I would've had your role, I would've killed doggin night 1. I believe he created this setup and there was simply no way that he would've missed an angle with the numbers. This setup was winnable with numbers alone, so you should've shot the dude whose best with them... not the English major ;)

IN a game like this getting your 1st NK blocked was hard to recover from imo. If the town had no lynched today you would've been painted into a corner and lost no matter what..

Also, since I would've had your role, I would've killed doggin night 1. I believe he created this setup and there was simply no way that he would've missed an angle with the numbers. This setup was winnable with numbers alone, so you should've shot the dude whose best with them... not the English major ;)

Just out of curiosity, how would No lynch have helped anyone but the serial killer? He'd get a free shot off at Jif/Dan X . JiF was paranoid, another result doesn't help him at all.

Outside of bad luck, which really put you in a spot, I think your biggest tactical error was going along so easily lynching me. You knew already that you'd be going head-to-head with EY the following day, so your best move would've been to make going after me look scummy. You should've become my biggest defender, pointing out how townie I was, and that it was EY pushing a lynch on an innocent player.

Your best case in that scenario would've been to get people to join you and get EY lynched. The next day it would've been, "maybe EY was right, afterall," and the train would've started on me pretty quick. But even if I did get lynched the first day, you would've had a whole "I told you so" attack about EY ready to go the following day. You also would've been a defender of a confirmed innocent - a good thing for scum to be.

But by going along on the lynch on me like a sheep your case against EY for going after me was significantly weakened - and that was your best attack.

Outside of bad luck, which really put you in a spot, I think your biggest tactical error was going along so easily lynching me. You knew already that you'd be going head-to-head with EY the following day, so your best move would've been to make going after me look scummy. You should've become my biggest defender, pointing out how townie I was, and that it was EY pushing a lynch on an innocent player.

Your best case in that scenario would've been to get people to join you and get EY lynched. The next day it would've been, "maybe EY was right, afterall," and the train would've started on me pretty quick. But even if I did get lynched the first day, you would've had a whole "I told you so" attack about EY ready to go the following day. You also would've been a defender of a confirmed innocent - a good thing for scum to be.

But by going along on the lynch on me like a sheep your case against EY for going after me was significantly weakened - and that was your best attack.

He would have been in a better position.

But of course I'd have come from the other direction... How could have have known on slats? He's clearly setting us up. Defending on innocent that he knew would get killed to lynch another.

Certainly would have had a better shot, but I think I could have won still.

He would have been in a better position.

That's all i'm saying. Dan was leaning against shutout when he voted for me, and JiF was demonstrating some plyability. ;) He needed to create a better case against you.

Just out of curiosity, how would No lynch have helped anyone but the serial killer? He'd get a free shot off at Jif/Dan X . JiF was paranoid, another result doesn't help him at all.

You're right, a no lynch wouldn't have been a good move at that point. We would have potentially lost another person and then have had to lynch correctly. Instead, we still had a chance of winning even if we lynched wrong.

Which is why I was hoping to do a good enough job of acting like I really wasn't going to protect myself ... but clearly tricking people is not my forte. :P I hope I'm not too feeble of a player my first time as scum.

At any rate, I'm glad the coin worked in my favor night one. :D

That's all i'm saying. Dan was leaning against shutout when he voted for me, and JiF was demonstrating some plyability. ;)He needed to create a better case against you.

Other than shooting at the doc night one, that's how I screwed myself most. I was so focused on the idea that the best case scenario for me (assuming Dan would self protect again) was to get into a position where EY would get lynched and I could flip a coin between JiF and Dan X and hope Dan guessed wrong. Kinda put myself into an underpants gnome position there.

Phase 1: Head to head with EY

Phase 2: ??????????????????????

Phase 3: Night Kill

Underpants_Gnomes-4xq8xb-d.jpg

Other than shooting at the doc night one, that's how I screwed myself most. I was so focused on the idea that the best case scenario for me (assuming Dan would self protect again) was to get into a position where EY would get lynched and I could flip a coin between JiF and Dan X and hope Dan guessed wrong. Kinda put myself into an underpants gnome position there.

Phase 1: Head to head with EY

Phase 2: ??????????????????????

Phase 3: Night Kill

Underpants_Gnomes-4xq8xb-d.jpg

:rl:

I honestly don't think you did a bad job at all. I was definitely not sold on you as scum, especially after how Crusher vs. JVoR went down last time. I thought it was perfectly possible you were innocent but getting frustrated trying to make a case on EY when you didn't have much. I was prepared for it to go either way.

:rl:

I honestly don't think you did a bad job at all. I was definitely not sold on you as scum, especially after how Crusher vs. JVoR went down last time. I thought it was perfectly possible you were innocent but getting frustrated trying to make a case on EY when you didn't have much. I was prepared for it to go either way.

Dan if you guys had lynched EY, who do you think you would've protected? Just curious

Dan if you guys had lynched EY, who do you think you would've protected? Just curious

I was planning to protect JiF. For fun/variety (to actually use my doctor powers to protect someone else) and because if I guess wrong I feel that I deserve to be the one to get killed.

Would that have been the wrong choice again?

Good point. I started skimming once i read Doggins plan and it made sense, figured it was game over anyway..

I was planning to protect JiF. For fun/variety (to actually use my doctor powers to protect someone else) and because if I guess wrong I feel that I deserve to be the one to get killed.

Would that have been the wrong choice again?

I'd like to say I would've actually flipped a coin again, but I would've gone for JiF and you would've won anyway.

And I would have just announced I was flipping a coin, instead of trying to make you think I was planning to choose.

I was gonna announce I had already sent in my NK and try and hope you'd over-think it and ultimately decide you should protect yourself. It seems I would've been wrong anyway.

I'd like to say I would've actually flipped a coin again, but I would've gone for JiF and you would've won anyway.

Awesome news, I feel better about myself now. :P I didn't think there was any use trying to WIFOM-guess who you'd pick, so it came down to my feeling of responsibility if I chose wrong. Haha, I'd feel like an ass if we lost but I lasted to the end by protecting myself the entire game. It'd be my fault if I picked wrong, so I'd rather be the one to get NKed if we're going to lose either way.

Weak.

Archived