The Smiley Killer (Crazy Cops) Game 2 Thread.

Thank god Shutout is back. I was so bored I changed my avatar.

I'm really torn between the two of you. I can see how killing Doggin would potentially help you both. Why would Shutout try to kill me the first night, though? Why not take out a more dangerous player at that point, too?

1) At this point, you're a dangerous player.

2) Ask him?

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry guys I had to work 9am-7pm (Not that EY will believe that anyway...) I did indeed investigate EY last night and despite what my results were I get the feeling I'm not quite right in the head as I was told he was innocent.

All I'll say is that EY despite his voicing approval for the no lynch plan kept pushing the idea that we should lynch anyway. Look at posts #51,60,and 75 of the thread and you'll see from the moment he unvoted he was set on lynching slats. Then during the night phase he tells everyone if he's alive tomorrow he's the only one who can confirm anything (post #113) and it just so happens that what he can confirm is that I'm the SK. He'd already planted the idea in everyone's minds that if he lives I've gotta be the SK (of course before that he had said that if he died I was the SK...what changed your mind?), and the next day would just be elementary.

I went back and reread, and I think it's a bit of an exaggeration to say that EY kept pushing the idea of a lynch. One of his posts was in response to you asking him if he agreed with Doggin that we should scrap the no lynch (in response to Doggin unvoting no lynch when he posted only the first part of his plan). Another post was a joke because Slats was his main suspect, based on the statistics he's explained before.

I do agree that EY's claim he could "confirm" you were the SK would only be true from his point of view if he's innocent, and is therefore meaningless to JiF and me. So I might chalk that up as slightly scummy behavior, except you also did the same thing early on, posting lists that assumed your innocence.

I'm really torn between the two of you. I can see how killing Doggin would potentially help you both. Why would Shutout try to kill me the first night, though? Why not take out a more dangerous player at that point, too?

I have no reason as to why I'd try to kill you night one because I didn't. EY on the other hand...I seem to remember him being not too fond of the length of your posts in the NY Jets game. Sure it all seemed tongue in cheek, but at the same time its a nice little way of getting even with you for making him read and it wouldn't obviously give him away.

He was also willing to try and make a deal in that game with the SK, a strategy he admitted while not great and a longshot was his best bet. In this one as soon as he missed night one and we caught one of the 4 of us in a lie (to me its now clear it was him as he waited for several others to reveal their results before telling us who he "investigated") a win was a longshot for him here too. Even if he succeeds in getting you guys to lynch me he has to go into a WIFOM shootout with you tomorrow Dan.

Finally, look at my non-mafia posts on this board. Do I seem like the type of poster that would pass on the definite hilarity that would result from EY being the first NK 2 games in a row? When in doubt, go for the joke ;)

I have no reason as to why I'd try to kill you night one because I didn't. EY on the other hand...I seem to remember him being not too fond of the length of your posts in the NY Jets game. Sure it all seemed tongue in cheek, but at the same time its a nice little way of getting even with you for making him read and it wouldn't obviously give him away.

He was also willing to try and make a deal in that game with the SK, a strategy he admitted while not great and a longshot was his best bet. In this one as soon as he missed night one and we caught one of the 4 of us in a lie (to me its now clear it was him as he waited for several others to reveal their results before telling us who he "investigated") a win was a longshot for him here too. Even if he succeeds in getting you guys to lynch me he has to go into a WIFOM shootout with you tomorrow Dan.

Finally, look at my non-mafia posts on this board. Do I seem like the type of poster that would pass on the definite hilarity that would result from EY being the first NK 2 games in a row? When in doubt, go for the joke ;)

Dan, not one of these is a good argument. You know that though.

I went back and reread, and I think it's a bit of an exaggeration to say that EY kept pushing the idea of a lynch. One of his posts was in response to you asking him if he agreed with Doggin that we should scrap the no lynch (in response to Doggin unvoting no lynch when he posted only the first part of his plan). Another post was a joke because Slats was his main suspect, based on the statistics he's explained before.

I do agree that EY's claim he could "confirm" you were the SK would only be true from his point of view if he's innocent, and is therefore meaningless to JiF and me. So I might chalk that up as slightly scummy behavior, except you also did the same thing early on, posting lists that assumed your innocence.

Maybe pushing was the wrong phrase. What I meant was more or less that he was planting the idea so that when the time came for a lynch we already had a top choice

I don't think I understand the point you're trying to make here. Are you just saying he must be the SK because this is another longshot situation? :D Sorry, maybe you can explain what you meant ...

I don't think I understand the point you're trying to make here. Are you just saying he must be the SK because this is another longshot situation? :D Sorry, maybe you can explain what you meant ...

I'm just saying this was a longshot at best missing night one and he's shown a willingness to put himself out there as obvious scum if he thought he could win the battle of wits and get you to drink the iocane in a WIFOM, or get JT as SK to take a deal

I'm just saying this was a longshot at best missing night one and he's shown a willingness to put himself out there as obvious scum if he thought he could win the battle of wits and get you to drink the iocane in a WIFOM, or get JT as SK to take a deal

furthermore he'd be more willing to go WIFOM if he thought it'd get him through the last day of voting.

Dan, I think the answer is obvious. I'm sitting here telling you that there's not much I can say, because I realize what this situation entails.

On the other hand, shutout is pulling crap out of his ass in a desperate attempt to make me look bad.

I killed you because I didn't wan to read last game, so I tried again now?

I made a deal last game because I knew I couldn't win, so I quickly accepted Doggins deal which ensured I wouldn't win?

If he were the SK, he'd have killed EY because LOLZ, he got hit twice in a row?

Exaggeration of 'pushing slats' as you even noted.

It doesn't matter what his point is, the fact that he's scrambling to make any argument he can against me. The theory is simple, throw enough **** against the wall, and something will stick. Well, pay attention to who's throwing the ****.

Guys, I'm tired from a long day and am going to bed early. I'll be up pretty early in the morning if anything develops. If some more votes are posted, can somebody take care of the vote counts? Thanks.

Also, just as an Fyi, once the clinching vote for a lynch is reached it is official. But you can do all the gamesmanship you want until I post a death scene. :cheers:

Dan, I think the answer is obvious. I'm sitting here telling you that there's not much I can say, because I realize what this situation entails.

On the other hand, shutout is pulling crap out of his ass in a desperate attempt to make me look bad.

I killed you because I didn't wan to read last game, so I tried again now?

I made a deal last game because I knew I couldn't win, so I quickly accepted Doggins deal which ensured I wouldn't win?

If he were the SK, he'd have killed EY because LOLZ, he got hit twice in a row?

Exaggeration of 'pushing slats' as you even noted.

It doesn't matter what his point is, the fact that he's scrambling to make any argument he can against me. The theory is simple, throw enough **** against the wall, and something will stick. Well, pay attention to who's throwing the ****.

I agree that Shutout seems to be reaching right now. Although this could be similar to Crusher vs. JVoR in the last game, where Crusher seemed to get flustered but JVoR remained calm and logical ... I will have to reward the less desperate-seeming arguments and vote: Shutout.

I'd still like to hear JiF's thoughts, too.

I got an innocent result.

I am definitely not the paraniod cop.

I am likely not the insane cop, possible though.

Most likely I am either accurate, or naive.

I also got an innocent result.

I got a guilty guys. I guess that means either I'm sane and caught the SK night one, or I'm the insane or paranoid cop.

Should we be revealing who we investigated?

Excellent.

Results, everyone:

Me - investigated myself, came up innocent. I'm either real or Naive.

EY, Slats - who did you investigate?

And btw:

vote: No lynch

If we don't lynch anyone today, we will get an extra game night/day cycle to use to triangulate our results:

Day 1 - 6 players, 5innocent, 1evil.

Nobody lynched, 1 NKd:

Day 2: 5 players, 4i, 1e

lynch, NK

Day 3: 3 players, 2i, 1e

If we lynch every day, on the other hand:

Day 1 - 6 players, 5innocent, 1evil.

lynch, NK

Day 2: 4 players, 3i, 1e

lynch, NK

Game over.

So, we no-lynch, and buy ourselves an extra day

I also investigated myself, and came to the same brilliant conclusion.

:D

The no lynch vote makes sense to me, too, unless someone wants to confess today.

I investigated shutout, and got an innocent result.

I was debating investigating myself, but am actually curious on the different strategies here, so I went another direction. It may not be the best, but we'll see.

Anyway, I'm cool with the No Lynch.

If the Doc feels like protecting me, that'd be awesome too, cause, I could still be the first to die, and that would suck.

I investigated Doggin which as I said before came back guilty. So unless Doggin wants to confess anything...

That leaves 2 other possibilities for me.

Don't see how anyone could have a problem with a no lynch, but we should wait for everyone's results before we put in the last 2 votes.

I'm the doc. As the SK must have already figured out. :P

Hey guys, been busy this morning.

I got a guilty investigation.

I investigated Slats.

I'm doing this to help me think.

Well, DanX is right.

I investigated myself, and got a guilty. Meaning I am the insane cop, and got lucky night one. I know this is tough to believe by the #s, but it is the truth (TRUST ME).

That said, all I can point to in the hopes of supporting myself is my questioning of Doggin and willingness to jump right into the plan he created once I learned everything about it.

I've explained my vote for slats, and briefly, again, will say that he was the obvious choice for me as doggin created the airtight plan, slats was a possible liar, and shutout was a possible liar who I would have had to correctly investigate night one, and have been the insane cop. Surprisingly enough, that's what happened.

The only other thing I can add is slats, a confirmed innocent, made this post in his defense, attacking shutout for his reasoning to vote for slats:

so, vote: shutout.

There's really not much more I can say, but if you have questions, I'm happy to answer them.

Sorry guys I had to work 9am-7pm (Not that EY will believe that anyway...) I did indeed investigate EY last night and despite what my results were I get the feeling I'm not quite right in the head as I was told he was innocent.

All I'll say is that EY despite his voicing approval for the no lynch plan kept pushing the idea that we should lynch anyway. Look at posts #51,60,and 75 of the thread and you'll see from the moment he unvoted he was set on lynching slats. Then during the night phase he tells everyone if he's alive tomorrow he's the only one who can confirm anything (post #113) and it just so happens that what he can confirm is that I'm the SK. He'd already planted the idea in everyone's minds that if he lives I've gotta be the SK (of course before that he had said that if he died I was the SK...what changed your mind?), and the next day would just be elementary.

Think about this, if you're an experienced player in this game who's gone to war vs guys like SMC, CTM, Doggin, BG, etc. who would you rather go head to head against in endgame? Doggin or me?

Vote: EY

I investigated Shutout and got guilty.

1 Sane cop (gets accurate results) - Doggin, Slats, EY, Shutout.

1 Insane cop (gets opposite results - innocents show as guilty, guilty as innocent) - EY, Shutout, JiF

1 Paranoid cop (gets only guilty results) - JiF

1 Naive cop (gets only innocent results) - EY, Doggin, Slats

1 Doc - Dan

1 SK - EY, Shutout

Hmmmm.

Your compilation of the early investigation results is interesting considering Shutout accused EY of waiting for "several" others to reveal investigation results before revealing his. (I forgot about this claim until I saw your post.) But we now see that was baseless and Shutout revealed after EY did.

1 Insane cop (gets opposite results - innocents show as guilty, guilty as innocent) - EY, Shutout, JiF

1 Naive cop (gets only innocent results) - Doggin, Slats

1 Doc - Dan

1 SK - EY, Shutout

Hmmmm.

Sorry...a little buzzed, EY got a guilty...this is wrong. I edited in the quote.

Sorry...a little buzzed, EY got a guilty...this is wrong. I edited in the quote.

Also, having both Doggin and Slats listed as Sane/Naive (and those are the only possible options for both of them) means EY and Shutout cannot be either of the two. Since we know Doggin and Slats were innocent.

Which means EY and Shutout are vying for Insane Cop.

1 Doc - Dan

1 SK - EY, Shutout

Two things bother me about EY, he asked real early in the game for protection and it strikes me as a distancing move. Also, he said he got lucky night one when he got an innocent result from Shutout. I'm not quite following that.

Two things bother me about EY, he asked real early in the game for protection and it strikes me as a distancing move. Also, he said he got lucky night one when he got an innocent result from Shutout. I'm not quite following that.

By getting lucky he meant he took a 1/6 shot and investigated the SK the first night. Both Slats and Doggin got innocent results, too - but on themselves, meaning if they were telling the truth they had to be Sane/Naive. So if EY's also innocent, his innocent result on Shutout would have to be wrong, making him the Insane Cop.

By getting lucky he meant he took a 1/6 shot and investigated the SK the first night. Both Slats and Doggin got innocent results, too - but on themselves, meaning if they were telling the truth they had to be Sane/Naive. So if EY's also innocent, his innocent result on Shutout would have to be wrong, making him the Insane Cop.

Gotcha. Like I said, kicking buzz a little. Hmmm.

Also, having both Doggin and Slats listed as Sane/Naive (and those are the only possible options for both of them) means EY and Shutout cannot be either of the two. Since we know Doggin and Slats were innocent.

Which means EY and Shutout are vying for Insane Cop.

1 Doc - Dan

1 SK - EY, Shutout

Dan's right.

JiF, why don't you wait till the AM and rethink this, if you've been drinking...

I ALWAYS ask for protection because I'm parnoid, but in this case, it was Doggin who said I should be protected first. When slats flipped innocent, I knew I could get an actual confirmation on shutout, so I asked for protection again. Granted, the truth is that while I do in fact KNOW that shutout is guilty, the difficutly is convincing you guys.

As far as 'getting lucky', this is where I suggest you revist the topic sober. It was lucky that I investigated the SK night one. It's a 1/6 shot (considering I could investigate myself). Then, it's a longer shot that not only did I guess right, but I was the insane cop, and therefore, could actually confirm it by investigating myself. It's a longshot, but it happened.

EY takes one look at Shutout and says "I know it's gotta be you. It's not me, so it's you."

Shutout takes one look at EY and laughs. "Really? prove it. I think you're full of it." It was a showdown of sorts. The doctor backs EY, a paranoid drunkard backs Shutout, the game was at a staredown. And then JiF sobered up and made the right decision.

image.php?u=998&dateline=1241138552 the evil-smiley-face.jpg has been eliminated. The town has been saved from destruction. The people rejoiced and all was good.

The town wins. Winners: everyone but shutout :P

Roster:

JiF: Paranoid

Slats: Naive

Doggin: Sane

EY: Insane

Dan X: doctor

Shutout: Mr. lolz.

Good game from everyone. Shutout ran into some bad luck early on, probably more than he could come back from. I hope you all had fun, which really was the intention :P

Smiley Killer - the game so nice, we won it twice :yahoo:

Good game, Shutout - you got pretty badly mousetrapped there at the start.

Yeah. Between missing your first night kill and having the suspect list cut down to four immediately anyway, it was a severely uphill battle.

You put up a good fight at the end.

Good game! :corn: Shutout, I don't know how you held it together as well as you did after targeting me and having the insane cop investigate you both on the first night. Nice work, everyone.

EY takes one look at Shutout and says "I know it's gotta be you. It's not me, so it's you."

Shutout takes one look at EY and laughs. "Really? prove it. I think you're full of it." It was a showdown of sorts. The doctor backs EY, a paranoid drunkard backs Shutout, the game was at a staredown. And then JiF sobered up and made the right decision.

image.php?u=998&dateline=1241138552 the evil-smiley-face.jpg has been eliminated. The town has been saved from destruction. The people rejoiced and all was good.

The town wins. Winners: everyone but shutout :P

Roster:

JiF: Paranoid

Slats: Naive

Doggin: Sane

EY: Insane

Dan X: doctor

Shutout: Mr. lolz.

Good game from everyone. Shutout ran into some bad luck early on, probably more than he could come back from. I hope you all had fun, which really was the intention :P

Nice job guys... And good write-up above JVOR! :rl:

Good game everyone. Wish I could've given you all a more interesting game. BTW Dan thank you for protecting yourself night 2, if you had protected anyone else (not necessarily just Doggin) I might have gone insane.

I knew I should've taken out EY night one :dohslap:

1) At this point, you're a dangerous player.

2) Ask him?

I initially was gonna take out EY night 1 to get everyone to laugh their asses off, but at the same time would that have been a move I'd make? Or would that kinda put some suspicion on Doggin or JiF as people who have more experience with EY who'd be comfortable busting his balls? Or even maybe Dan getting a little payback?

When I then realized I'd be pissed if our roles were reversed, I decided I would go for someone outside the "Axis" as it'd maybe be a less expected choice. I flipped a coin to pick between you and Slats. F***ing coin...

Archived