Duke outduels Santana as Pirates take down Mets

JetNation

Another triple-a lineup for the most part on the field tonight. I can't wait for Reyes to be back on Friday. Martinez really has no business batting second, and I don't get why he's starting Hernandez over Valdez at SS. And Manuel really needs to decide what he wants to do with Murphy already.

Another triple-a lineup for the most part on the field tonight. I can't wait for Reyes to be back on Friday. Martinez really has no business batting second, and I don't get why he's starting Hernandez over Valdez at SS. And Manuel really needs to decide what he wants to do with Murphy already.

Nice post. What a lousey start to a road trip by dropping 2 to the Pirates. Can't wait till we're at full power again.

we're a .500 team. Its time to lower our expectations.

we've been spoiled with this quadruple-A team we put out there every day playing well, but they cant keep that going.

Our pitching isnt strong enough to carry us through the nights the offense stinks and the offense doesnt have enough weapons to make up for the pitching sucking ass.

End of the season we'll win 87 games, miss the playoffs by 5 games and Omar will play the injury card and claim we would be in the playoffs if we just had some luck with injuries.

This is going to continue to be another frustrating season, although much different than the last 2.

we're a .500 team. Its time to lower our expectations.

we've been spoiled with this quadruple-A team we put out there every day playing well, but they cant keep that going.

Our pitching isnt strong enough to carry us through the nights the offense stinks and the offense doesnt have enough weapons to make up for the pitching sucking ass.

End of the season we'll win 87 games, miss the playoffs by 5 games and Omar will play the injury card and claim we would be in the playoffs if we just had some luck with injuries.

This is going to continue to be another frustrating season, although much different than the last 2.

What expectations? I don't think there's a person out there that doesn't give them all the credit in the world for staying within striking range of Philly through all of this. The Mets have been unbelievably lucky to have a ridiculous string of bad injuries befall them in the middle of an extended cream-puff stretch of games, and the pitching staff has been carrying the team completely. I mean come on, SWINE FLU? At that point you have to just laugh, it's really at the point of absurdity now.

Bottom line is that there's no way to know what this team's capable of until it gets at least 2 of their 3 best hitters back and at full strength, especially Reyes. And if they don't make the playoffs again, Omar gets fired, and that's that. In baseball, all you need to be at by the all-star break is at or around .500, and if you are, anything is possible. My only fear is that Omar pulls a desperation move at the deadline in an effort to save his job, and does something drastically bad.

What expectations? I don't think there's a person out there that doesn't give them all the credit in the world for staying within striking range of Philly through all of this. The Mets have been unbelievably lucky to have a ridiculous string of bad injuries befall them in the middle of an extended cream-puff stretch of games, and the pitching staff has been carrying the team completely. I mean come on, SWINE FLU? At that point you have to just laugh, it's really at the point of absurdity now.

Bottom line is that there's no way to know what this team's capable of until it gets at least 2 of their 3 best hitters back and at full strength, especially Reyes. And if they don't make the playoffs again, Omar gets fired, and that's that. In baseball, all you need to be at by the all-star break is at or around .500, and if you are, anything is possible. My only fear is that Omar pulls a desperation move at the deadline in an effort to save his job, and does something drastically bad.

This team didnt do anything before the injuries. I have zero expectation that this team will improve in the second half and Omar has once again given himself an out with all these injuries and "swine flu"

Mets fans still think this is a playoff team. We're not. Healthy or injured.

This team didnt do anything before the injuries. I have zero expectation that this team will improve in the second half and Omar has once again given himself an out with all these injuries and "swine flu"

Mets fans still think this is a playoff team. We're not. Healthy or injured.

Meh, chalk it up to a slow start, it happens. If there's one thing that's proven year after year in baseball, it's that you can't judge what a team is capable of based on what they do in April. At this point, they're losing backups to other backups. It's only logical to expect them to improve once Beltran, Reyes, and Delgado all return to the lineup considering run support is clearly the top dilemma right now. However, writing them off completely in early June when they're the most depleted team in the league isn't.

Meh, chalk it up to a slow start, it happens. If there's one thing that's proven year after year in baseball, it's that you can't judge what a team is capable of based on what they do in April. At this point, they're losing backups to other backups. It's only logical to expect them to improve once Beltran, Reyes, and Delgado all return to the lineup considering run support is clearly the top dilemma right now. However, writing them off completely in early June when they're the most depleted team in the league isn't.

i wrote them off in March.

:D

I havent expected them to be anything more than a barely above .500 team all season. Still hoping for the best, but not getting my hopes up.

i wrote them off in March.

:D

I havent expected them to be anything more than a barely above .500 team all season. Still hoping for the best, but not getting my hopes up.

Yankees could always use a few more fans. ;)

Archived