First 48

LiLMiCKMANTLE

Does anyone watch the First 48 on A&E? lastnight was the season priemer and its was an awesome episode. Not to mention that was cousin is married to the brother of the best Detective in Miami Manny Castillo. and if anyone watched it lastnight they know what kinda guy he is. The way he handle that women and got her to confess the murder was amazing. "I need a spirtual moment." lol just awesome!!

Discuss

I've watched it before, but not any more. I hate the smart comments the cops make once the suspect is captured. Too many cop shows on TV IMO.

I feel like theres always a dirty cop movie in theaters too. It's always the NYPD too, and its always completely ridiculous.

I've watched it before, but not any more. I hate the smart comments the cops make once the suspect is captured. Too many cop shows on TV IMO.

Having been around homicide detectives, understand that the only way to deal with man's murderous inhumanity to each other is with some humor. If they spent 24/7 consumed by the horror they deal with every day they'd go bathsheet crazy. and even with some humor part of the humanity of some detectives gets ruined. What I find amazing is that despite all that people hear and see in movies about their right to remain silent, many murderers speak to cops and basically confess.

Personally having lived thorugh cop and courtroom stuff in real life, would rather watch shows about exploding pig populations, giant river fish and earth without man.

And L&O sucks. Vincent D'Onfrio should have quit after FMJ. There are no detectives that I've ever met(and I've met a lot) in NYPD or anywhere else who act like that.NONE.

Since the demise of "The Wire", nothing else comes close. "The First 48" might be an interesting and truer to life watch, but it's almost like going back to my old job.

Archived