NY Jets @ Detroit Lions - Nov. 7th - JN (Midwest) Group Tickets & Tailgate

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey I am going to try and keep the roadtrip threads in that forum. If it ends up being a problem we can do it the old way. I just like to keep these pinned and there is so much going on in the main forum...

Got this game penciled in. Headed there with my boo hiss patriot fan ex brother-in-law. He ok though and will be fun to rag on especially if the Cheatriots are having a sh*tty year.

Do you still have tickets available? We will be grabbing some through ebay or stubhub if you don't.

Definitely looking forward to tailgating with some Jet fans.

Got this game penciled in. Headed there with my boo hiss patriot fan ex brother-in-law. He ok though and will be fun to rag on especially if the Cheatriots are having a sh*tty year.

Do you still have tickets available? We will be grabbing some through ebay or stubhub if you don't.

Definitely looking forward to tailgating with some Jet fans.

We bought tickets in a block and they are spoken for, but I'm still in contact with my ticket salesman. he can tickets to our block, probably in the row in front or behind us if you're interested.

Let me know.

We bought tickets in a block and they are spoken for, but I'm still in contact with my ticket salesman. he can tickets to our block, probably in the row in front or behind us if you're interested.

Let me know.

I'm definitely interested. Right now it's just the two of us taking the road trip. Driving from Albany, NY. If you can tell me the section and price I can check with my buddy. If we don't grab those tickets, we will still be there for the game and I am definitely looking forward to tailgating with some Jet fans.

I'm definitely interested. Right now it's just the two of us taking the road trip. Driving from Albany, NY. If you can tell me the section and price I can check with my buddy. If we don't grab those tickets, we will still be there for the game and I am definitely looking forward to tailgating with some Jet fans.

GOB will have the happening tailgate for this game. All 32 Jets fans in attendance will be there! :D

NEW YORK JETS @ DETROIT LIONS

SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 7th, 2010 1:00 PM ET

FORD FIELD - DETROIT, MICHIGAN

Attention All

I made contact with the Detroit Lions Group Ticket Sales representative and have learned the following:

All Lions group ticket packages go on sale June 1st, 2010. The Lions called the Jets a "Top Tier Team" and indicated to me that they expect the ticket sales for that game to move rather quickly.

While it sounds like I'm jumping the gun, I'd prefer and intend to get these seats ordered as close June 1st, as possible, so that we can all sit together in a good section.

Tickets will be Lower Level Corner Seats @ $72 a piece and as I'm sure you can understand, money is due to me up front.

Please indicate in this thread if you are IN and PM me for a mailing address. To those who have never dealt with me before in this manner, I can provide multiple references from the 2006 Cleveland Ticket Purchase and Tailgate to prove that I'm not some random Bernie Madoff guy looking to make a quick buck and skip town. :lol:

As I did in Cleveland, I will organize and prepare the Detroit Tailgate Festivities and collect money from everyone at the game to merely recoup the costs. At this time, I have at least 12 fellow Detroiters already signed up for tickets and tailgating.

I can also provide references on hotels, hotel locations, and other activities while in town. PM me for details Looking forward to a great time.

GroupSales_Image.jpg

DETROIT LIONS GROUP TICKETS SEATING CHART

CONFIRMED

1. G.O.B. (+2)

2. NJ (+1)

3. MAX (+2)

4. JERRY K (+2)

5. [Detroiters (+10)]

MAYBE

1. Mr/Mrs Jetfan13 (+2)

2. Slowmoe

3. BrenJetsFan

test

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK the game will be here before we know it -- any hotel preferences -- where is everyone staying -- any suggestions I would like to be close to the stadium if possible. Looking at priceliune but any help in picking my Hotel is appreciated.

Since I'm stuck at the hospital, I can answer you finally. HaHa.

Your airport of choice is DTW - Detroit Metro Airport, located in Romulus, about 30 minutes from my house by freeway. They have a ton of hotels & car rental on scene if that's where you want to go. However, Romulus is a dump and there wouldn't be much to do on Saturday night. If you want to be near my house, the town I live in has a great night life. If you want to find a place near me, your best bet is Troy or the northern Madison Heights. There is a Fairfield, Hampton, and something else within 2 miles of my house. Look for the hotels on Stephenson Highway in Madison Heights. If you look in Troy, look for places in the South end of Troy, along Big Beaver Rd. probably. We could go from there to dinner or something Saturday or you can all come over to the house as well, since Max Jr. will be in tow.

I work Saturday & Monday 7a-3p, so I'm more than willing to help with driving but it has to work with my schedule. Let me know

Joe, we just bought lower level, section 100 tickets on craigslist for $60 each. From some guy who owns a collectible place in Detroit. He told my buddy he has a 4 pack as well I believe.

Courtyard By Marriott Dearborn

Dearborn

5200 Mercury Drive

Dearborn, Michigan 48126

313-271-1400

Using Priceline, name your own price, we got a room at the Courtyard for $40 plus tax. Total was $52.67.

All this was done today.

Joe, we just bought lower level, section 100 tickets on craigslist for $60 each. From some guy who owns a collectible place in Detroit. He told my buddy he has a 4 pack as well I believe.

Courtyard By Marriott Dearborn

Dearborn

5200 Mercury Drive

Dearborn, Michigan 48126

313-271-1400

Using Priceline, name your own price, we got a room at the Courtyard for $40 plus tax. Total was $52.67.

All this was done today.

So how close is The Courtyard to the Stadium?....anyone else got their rooms yet

So how close is The Courtyard to the Stadium?....anyone else got their rooms yet

Well well well look at what the cat dragged in. :D

Didn't book my room yet. I was waiting for the official invite from Mrs. GOB but it looks like GOB will be home that day. Oh well. Courtyard it is...

I am looking at the Hilton Garden inn less than 1/2 mile to the stadium since I will not rent a car and want to be close to the stadium priceline is asking 139 a night -- but looking for a cheaper deal -- I dont mind the extra cost and if I did rent a car and stayed at a cheaper place it would prob even out in the end --

holy moses missy!!!!! where have you been????? so great to see you around! i hope you come back and stay..

we could use a little more beauty here! :)

I believe it is 9 miles away from the stadium. As for Priceline, I used the name my own price situation. I selected zones 1,3 and 5, which put you within a few miles of the stadium. Selected 3 stars and above and threw in $40. It hit. Part of the fun for us is seeing how cheap we can the hotel rooms for. Sometimes we do well sometimes not. We're headed to Pittsburgh for the Cheatriots game the following week and it looks like hotels there will be $100+.

ah, I think I want to hit this game up. Any extra tixs at this point?

No extras. If you want I can give you the name/number for my ticket guy who sold the block and you can see how close to us you can get. We're centered in Section 121 / Row 24 / Seats 7-19. IndyJet from JI and 9 others are with us as well...looking at group seating of close to 30 at this time.

Speaking of planning, what does everyone want to do Saturday night?

Pat,

I am awaiting confirmation that I will be able to take Monday off. Have a conflict over the weekend and the airfare prices aren't good so I have to drive. Here is where I stand.

I wouldn't be able to leave until Saturday afternoon after my son's football game. I plan on driving part of the way Sat night and doing the last 2-3 hours on Sunday morning. After the game I would do the same thing leave after the game and drive Sunday and finish up on Monday.

But that involves taking off Monday.

Basically, this is a long way of saying I won't be doing anything with you on Saturday night. :D

Pat,

I am awaiting confirmation that I will be able to take Monday off. Have a conflict over the weekend and the airfare prices aren't good so I have to drive. Here is where I stand.

I wouldn't be able to leave until Saturday afternoon after my son's football game. I plan on driving part of the way Sat night and doing the last 2-3 hours on Sunday morning. After the game I would do the same thing leave after the game and drive Sunday and finish up on Monday.

But that involves taking off Monday.

Basically, this is a long way of saying I won't be doing anything with you on Saturday night. :D

I'm smelling an opportunity to offer Max 50 cents on the dollar for his tix.

Yo Guns

Greetings from JI. I just got back from Denver & I am going to Detroit. Got my own ticket in Sec 127 (and staying at the Westin in Downtown).

But I definitely want to tailgate/BBQ with you guys before the game on Sunday.

How much $ for food and where is the party?

Baddniss

Yo Guns

Greetings from JI. I just got back from Denver & I am going to Detroit. Got my own ticket in Sec 127 (and staying at the Westin in Downtown).

But I definitely want to tailgate/BBQ with you guys before the game on Sunday.

How much $ for food and where is the party?

Baddniss

$500.

GOB's mo....

Nevermind. :D

Hey Baddniss...as usual I have nothing of value to add. GOB has all the answers...

Archived