I hope NY/NJ fireworks laws are better than Michigan

JerryK

This year I didn't drive to Indiana like I normally do. Indiana has real fireworks.

I saved a few bucks an got a bag of, well, poop from a tent in front of the grocery store. Big mistake.

-a 25cent "fountan" does nothing more than crackle 12" in the air.

-a 5$ Ultimate-Mondo-Firestorm!! -- is just the 25cent fountain in a bigger tube.

We gotta change this stupid law. A guy can spend 5yrs in the military, shoot and be shot at, and on the day of our country's independence cannot legally buy a stupid firecracker??????

This year I didn't drive to Indiana like I normally do. Indiana has real fireworks.

I saved a few bucks an got a bag of, well, poop from a tent in front of the grocery store. Big mistake.

-a 5$ Ultimate-Mondo-Firestorm!! -- is just the 25cent fountain in a bigger tube.

We gotta change this stupid law. A guy can spend 5yrs in the military, shoot and be shot at, and on the day of our country's independence cannot legally buy a stupid firecracker??????

Thanks for the service. Why could nt you go down to the armory and get some good $hite

Michigan has draconian fireworks laws. If it flies or blows up, it's illegal. In essence, sparklers and/or sparkler fountains are the only thing that are legal. BORING.

Every good Michigander goes to Indiana or Ohio for real fireworks.

WTF isn't there enuff fireworks in Detroit already....Christ now you go

to Indiana for more ammo????

Michigan has draconian fireworks laws. If it flies or blows up, it's illegal. In essence, sparklers and/or sparkler fountains are the only thing that are legal. BORING.

Michigans Finest tellin us how to beat the law. LOL

Dude, have you ever seen a sparkler bomb? Way more fun than any flying firework. :lol:

New York bans pretty much all fireworks. There are stores near the border in PA.

As a kid, we had a family friend who was a state trooper...so on his way

to our house for my family's big party, he would bring over all the confiscated

fireworks....

Life was good

:rl: You can't even buy sparklers in NYS.

We have a family of punks down the street. Most of us generally despise them (their kids spend the summer putting firecrackers and dead animals in mailboxes etc)

But one night last year they put up what must have been a pre-fab finale pallet of class-b fireworks (commercial) like you'd see at the end of a baseball game. I can't stand the people, but that was cool.

How would they have gotten their hands on them without a license?

New York bans pretty much all fireworks. There are stores near the border in PA.

Really? I think we get a pass on the 4th. Neighbors in LI had their own fire works show and the cops who blocked the street off didnt care.

HelenLovejoy_t630.jpg

Archived