Geez...I haven't posted a Larry Lucchino sucks rant in a while....

Garb

Wow. I never heard that story, and I do remember the Jeter diving-into-the-stands play when they zoomed in on Nomar. That was all they seemed to be able to talk about on the talk shows the next day, and it was moslty negative towards Nomar.

....but I found one today and I couldn't have said it better. Thank you, El Pres, of Barstoolsports.com

Larry Lucchino is a prick. No argument from me on that but Nomar was heading south in late 2003/early 2004 and when he was traded in 2004 I wasn't surprised.

Did you hear Schilling on WEEI this morning? He said that when he arrived in Boston he assumed that Nomar would be a Captain and a clubhouse leader. According to Schilling he was the complete opposite. He kept to himself and was intensely private.

What has Nomar done since leaving the Red Sox? Jack all.

Larry Lucchino is a prick. No argument from me on that but Nomar was heading south in late 2003/early 2004 and when he was traded in 2004 I wasn't surprised.

Did you hear Schilling on WEEI this morning? He said that when he arrived in Boston he assumed that Nomar would be a Captain and a clubhouse leader. According to Schilling he was the complete opposite. He kept to himself and was intensely private.

What has Nomar done since leaving the Red Sox? Jack all.

Schilling is a schill. You have a 50-50 chance that what comes out of his mouth is truth or some self-serving variation of the truth.

....but I found one today and I couldn't have said it better. Thank you, El Pres, of Barstoolsports.

One of the top three reasons Larry Lucchno sucks out loud:

It

both Derek Jeter and Arod had much more lucrative deals despite the fact that Nomar had out performed both of them at that point in their careers.

No reason to continue reading past this absurd statement. Based on what? Nomar winning a couple of batting titles? Career numbers through 2003:

Garciaparra - .323/.370/.555, 173 HR, 669 RBI, 685 R, 82 SB, .969 FPCT

Rodriguez - .308/.382/.581, 345 HR, 990 RBI, 1009 R, 177 SB, .976 FPCT

Jeter - .317/.389/.462, 127 HR, 615 RBI, 926 R, 178 SB, .973 FPCT

ARod is clearly superior in every category, with the exception of AVG (though he more than makes up for it in OBP). You could also make a strong argument that Jeter was the better player, especially when you factor in the 4 rings.

Would Sox fans really have preferred to give Nomar a bloated contract that he certainly would've been a waste, given his eroding talent and injuries?

I guess someone is a little upset his #5 jersey was rendered obsolete.

The fact is he was given a generous contract that was only a couple million short of what Jeter makes and he did miss two months and told Francona he will not be able to go everyday.

I am thankful and enjoyed watching Nomar, but he was as much to blame for his departure as Luchino.

Does this guy have a rant on how Luchino boned Tek out of his money after his agent turned down more money?

This ownership are the kings of the smear campaign.....propelled by the bought and paid for Boston media. How the red sox fan/sheep keep defending the owners and management is beyond me. They do this to everyone they get rid of. I recall when they traded Hanley Ramirez.....they leaked some rumor that he was over-hyped and lazy. :rolleyes:

C'mon now Kansas, Lucchino, Henry and Espstein are pigs. Period. Lyin' Larry is the head pig.

No reason to continue reading past this absurd statement. Based on what? Nomar winning a couple of batting titles? Career numbers through 2003:

Garciaparra - .323/.370/.555, 173 HR, 669 RBI, 685 R, 82 SB, .969 FPCT

Rodriguez - .308/.382/.581, 345 HR, 990 RBI, 1009 R, 177 SB, .976 FPCT

Jeter - .317/.389/.462, 127 HR, 615 RBI, 926 R, 178 SB, .973 FPCT

ARod is clearly superior in every category, with the exception of AVG (though he more than makes up for it in OBP). You could also make a strong argument that Jeter was the better player, especially when you factor in the 4 rings.

Would Sox fans really have preferred to give Nomar a bloated contract that he certainly would've been a waste, given his eroding talent and injuries?

Not to mention that Nomar was easily the worst fielder among the three.

Hence, why I included the Fielding Percentage (FPCT) statistics with their offensive numbers, you lummox.

Yes, but even when faced with statistical evidence, moron Sux fans will try to unfairly rip Jeter's defensive skills. He's not the greatest defensive SS of all time, but he's pretty ****ing far from being the worst.

Vaginatek is lucky to have a job.

Handling pitchers. That is it. Any hitting is a bonus.

Not to mention that Nomar was easily the worst fielder among the three.

You mean "No Arm"? That nickname still kills me. ;rl:

This ownership are the kings of the smear campaign.....propelled by the bought and paid for Boston media. How the red sox fan/sheep keep defending the owners and management is beyond me. They do this to everyone they get rid of. I recall when they traded Hanley Ramirez.....they leaked some rumor that he was over-hyped and lazy. :rolleyes:

C'mon now Kansas, Lucchino, Henry and Espstein are pigs. Period. Lyin' Larry is the head pig.

Garb you are hardly what I call an unbiased opinion on the Sox FO.

Archived