JN Mafia Thread: Superheroes Unite!

Who else would it be Pac? The momentum was on a Smashmouth lynch. What possible sense would it make for the mafia to take him out? As long as the townspeople are lynching another townie, all the scum have to do is sit back and enjoy and egg on the lynch.

The only thing that makes any kind of sense is a vig taking a shot because he believes Smash is scum and wants to knock him off so we can move forward quicker.

This is my take as well.. Why would scum take out a guy who was so close to lynch and reset the day like that (i'm guessing a day kill does NOT end the day). If they had a townie on the ropes, they'd be keen to let him get lynched and move to the night phase for kill #2

If the scum did have a day kill ability, they'd use it much earlier in the day, imo..

Plus, what villian would scratch and mame other then Sabretooth, who doesn't sound very likely to be in the game..

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is my take as well.. Why would scum take out a guy who was so close to lynch and reset the day like that (i'm guessing a day kill does NOT end the day). If they had a townie on the ropes, they'd be keen to let him get lynched and move to the night phase for kill #2

If the scum did have a day kill ability, they'd use it much earlier in the day, imo..

Plus, what villian would scratch and mame other then Sabretooth, who doesn't sound very likely to be in the game..

Exactly, with only five villians, they're gonna be MAJOR villians, think Lex Luthor, the Joker, Green Goblin, Magneto. Sabretooth just isn't a big enough deal when you only have five villians.

Scum would take him out because they were afraid the votes would start to peel off once Smash hinted at whatever he hinted at. I think we had a villian who let his emotions get the better of him.

Exactly, with only five villians, they're gonna be MAJOR villians, think Lex Luthor, the Joker, Green Goblin, Magneto. Sabretooth just isn't a big enough deal when you only have five villians.

I don't buy this. It could be catwoman for all we know.

Scum would take him out because they were afraid the votes would start to peel off once Smash hinted at whatever he hinted at. I think we had a villian who let his emotions get the better of him.

So then why not kill him AFTER the votes peel off? Not while he's under a ton of pressure?

Makes no sense pac. I think your playing stupid again, which would be the second time this game..

That's a huge leap. Smashmouth wasn't really helping himself. He played that terribly. He was way too defensive and he kept saying stupid things.

So then why not kill him AFTER the votes peel off? Not while he's under a ton of pressure?

Makes no sense pac. I think your playing stupid again, which would be the second time this game..

You don't think there are people in this game that are capable of making rash decisions based on emotion???? Now who's playing stupid.

Why would a Vig choose 5 minutes after a semi-reveal to take a shot!?!?!? Why are you selling this nonsense???

You don't think there are people in this game that are capable of making rash decisions based on emotion???? Now who's playing stupid.

Why would a Vig choose 5 minutes after a semi-reveal to take a shot!?!?!? Why are you selling this nonsense???

Smash didn't reveal until after the shot was taken????? WH=hat are you talking about?

I think you're confused on the timeline.

Of course, but not generally with somethign like this. It's usually more of a team decision..

Pac do you think this happens in real time? Probably takes jvor atleast 1/2- 1 hour to check in, see the PM and make the post..

And actually, there was no mention of fantastic four till after in the shot, it was actually when we were discussing whether it coul've been SabreTooth that that Smash first said F4.. Are you drunk already this morning?

Glad you ladies are entertained.

You'll have to forgive me if I don't agree with 2 guys who haven't gotten a thing right this entire game.

Wow Pac, you got me there. We've had two opportunities with the worst possible odds and picked wrong twice. You're just awesome man. :rolleyes:

How many times is scum lynched on the first day? Maybe 5% of the time. And if you do successfully lynch scum on day one it's 95% luck. On the second day, the odds were much better.

Do a little basic math Pac. If there's only 5 scum, we started with 15 townies. That's a 3-1 ratio. After two townies were killed it was still 13-5 in favor of town, which is better than 2-1/2-1.

The odds are greatly against lynching scum on days one and two.

Stop acting like this is the first time this ever happened. It's beginning to make you look suspicious even though I doubt you are scum because if you were, you wouldn't be saying anything right now.

In fact you are playing right into their hands.

Wow Pac, you got me there. We've had two opportunities with the worst possible odds and picked wrong twice. You're just awesome man. :rolleyes:

How many times is scum lynched on the first day? Maybe 5% of the time. And if you do successfully lynch scum on day one it's 95% luck. On the second day, the odds were much better.

Do a little basic math Pac. If there's only 5 scum, we started with 15 townies. That's a 3-1 ratio. After two townies were killed it was still 13-5 in favor of town, which is better than 2-1/2-1.

The odds are greatly against lynching scum on days one and two.

Stop acting like this is the first time this ever happened. It's beginning to make you look suspicious even though I doubt you are scum because if you were, you wouldn't be saying anything right now.

In fact you are playing right into their hands.

I've always been chatty during the night... one thing I've learned is I want to get my moneys worth in case I get NK'd. I don't see anything I've said as being especially helpful to them... besides.. I'm sure they've already submitted their actions and can't retract them at this point. I don't think we're waiting on them.

I've always been chatty during the night... one thing I've learned is I want to get my moneys worth in case I get NK'd. I don't see anything I've said as being especially helpful to them... besides.. I'm sure they've already submitted their actions and can't retract them at this point. I don't think we're waiting on them.

Do I really have to spell it out for you?

Arguing amongst ourselves makes their lives easier.

Villainsunited1.jpg

It is the year 2050 and the world is in ruins. Terror. Despair. God Almighty, it's real bad. Sparks rain down from power lines, catching fire to everything in sight. New York City is nothing more than a speck of dust. Flash floods, tornadoes, and earthquakes have been reported all over the United States. Millions of people have mysteriously vanished without a trace. The sky has been torched into a cinder gray ash, and an omnious laughter hangs in the air ...

Our latest intelligence indicates that the unthinkable has happened. Five of the most notorious villains in the universe have joined forces. Fed up with constantly being thwarted, they have made what appears to be an alliance in the name of tyranny. The people of Earth are in dire need of saving. The chosen Commissioner of Earth, Maxwell von Jetnation, has sent out a desperate plea to the heroes of the world: "Please help us, we need you now more than ever."

So here's the situation. The villains have the world held hostage, and it's up to you guys to stop them. Do you have what it takes to set aside egos and work past disagreements to regain control? Never before have I seen such a clash of powers. May the best team win.

The name of the game is "Superheroes Unite." The only way to win is to work together Pac, not bitch each other out.

The name of the game is "Superheroes Unite." The only way to win is to work together Pac, not bitch each other out.

LOL.. I apprecitate the sentimentality and promise after the game we can grab a cup of coffee but in the meantime I'd like to win.

weren't you supposed to say Arsis says....

Does Arsis still need to speak in the third person even in a sentence that does not require a person to be used? Arsis assumes that a sentence like that is fine. Arsis is trying to looks at his character and rules in a creative manner. Arsis suggests other people do the same. It would have certainly saved SMC.

Does Arsis still need to speak in the third person even in a sentence that does not require a person to be used? Arsis assumes that a sentence like that is fine. Arsis is trying to looks at his character and rules in a creative manner. Arsis suggests other people do the same. It would have certainly saved SMC.

I'm bored Arsis... I'd like for there to be some action in this game to make this work day go by a little quicker. If it means getting into a slap fight for entertainment value so be it.

I could be wrong but I would guess the night actions are in and we're just waiting to see who the replacement player will be.

The quote in there for Pac would be: "Our latest intelligence indicates that the unthinkable has happened. Five of the most notorious villains in the universe have joined forces. Fed up with constantly being thwarted, they have made what appears to be an alliance in the name of tyranny."

I would think that lets out the likes of Sabertooth or Catwoman. I definitely tend to lean towards a vig-type role. And while Smashmouth is a likely target, we don't know for sure that he was the target. Smash assumed it was him, but JVoR specifically stated that the player attacked didn't know it. There could be more than one player in the game who can survive a kill attempt. We are super heroes after all.

The quote in there for Pac would be: "Our latest intelligence indicates that the unthinkable has happened. Five of the most notorious villains in the universe have joined forces. Fed up with constantly being thwarted, they have made what appears to be an alliance in the name of tyranny."

I would think that lets out the likes of Sabertooth or Catwoman. I definitely tend to lean towards a vig-type role. And while Smashmouth is a likely target, we don't know for sure that he was the target. Smash assumed it was him, but JVoR specifically stated that the player attacked didn't know it. There could be more than one player in the game who can survive a kill attempt. We are super heroes after all.

That's subjective Slats.

Remember JVOR changed the wording from scratched and clawed to "gored" (or something to that effect). It could have been a sword used or some other instrument and not necessarily claws.

That's a fair point about a vig but right now I think it was an attempt on Smash from a Villain. The only other thing that would make sense is a Vig (presumably wolverine) swinging at someone who they thought was unfairly attacking Smash.

That's subjective Slats.

Remember JVOR changed the wording from scratched and clawed to "gored" (or something to that effect). It could have been a sword used or some other instrument and not necessarily claws.

That's a fair point about a vig but right now I think it was an attempt on Smash from a Villain. The only other thing that would make sense is a Vig (presumably wolverine) swinging at someone who they thought was unfairly attacking Smash.

I wasn't goign to directly bring it up for fear of mod penalty, but since you did, my take was the switcheroo there was due to it being obvious by scratching that it was wolverine who took the shot and JVOR wanted to hide that a bit..

I wasn't goign to directly bring it up for fear of mod penalty, but since you did, my take was the switcheroo there was due to it being obvious by scratching that it was wolverine who took the shot and JVOR wanted to hide that a bit..

I agree. Wolverine fits the vig mold in this game well.

Plus it just seems a lot likelier that there's a vig here as opposed to a scum team that can NK and kill in the daytime. I was surprised that there was only one death the first night. I'm sure I'm not the only one who expected some carnage with all these heroes in a 20 player game.

I agree. Wolverine fits the vig mold in this game well.

Plus it just seems a lot likelier that there's a vig here as opposed to a scum team that can NK and kill in the daytime. I was surprised that there was only one death the first night. I'm sure I'm not the only one who expected some carnage with all these heroes in a 20 player game.

Hopefully Wolvie has better aim next time and takes out a scum****.

I would hope there wouldn't be a penalty... he wrote it I just quoted it.

Maybe he thought people would assume it was wolverine when in reality it wasn't and that's why he changed it... or it could simply be he didn't like the wording.

I'm still not sure I buy a vig taking a swing at Smash... someone else? maybe.

Archived