OT: Funny computer problems..........

Boozer76

So as I mentioned in another thread, I was having problems going to certain webistes. I naroowed it down to google, and any site that was powered by google or had an ad that was powered by google. these sites would either not load or take forever to do aso.

So I finally caved in and bought the Por version of Norton Antivirus and ran a scan that took 4 hours-$70.00-issues not resolved (but found 43 viruses lol)

Then I decided to clean up my comp and delete a bunch of unused programs.-1 hour, issue not resolved.

Then I defragged my comp. 4 hours (knew this wouldn't solve the problem, but needed to do it anyway)

Then I removed Spybot and Popup stopper and installed adaware instead. 1 hour.

Then I had adaware scan my entire comp. 3 hours, found 213 spyware, issue still not resolved.

At this point I had spent $70 and 13 ghours of time and still had the sam damn original problem until......

Aftyer sitting at my comp staring and wondering WTF to do nexct, I decided to unplug my router and plug it back in. Why, I don't know, but it seemed like something to try. Anyway this took me 5 seconds-problem solved!!!! Don't you love it when you waste 13 hours of your life and $70 friggin dollars to fix something that took 5 seconds and was free :shock::oops:

40 plus viruses, 200 plus spyware agents...

Damn somebody has been to some BAD websites. Holy TomShane you are scaring me.

Since when was mangoatlove.com a BAD website?? You were the one who recommended it :P

Funny thing is the viruses and spyware agents were not affecting my computer at all. Other than the google issue, my comp was running great.

Don't you love it when you waste 13 hours of your life and $70 friggin dollars to fix something that took 5 seconds and was free :shock::oops:

Kind of like dating. Thousands of dollars spent, countless hours.

Much cheaper to just pay for it.

macs don't have virii :) that is another aspect of them i love ;)

sorry for your problems B76

You know why Macs don't get viruses? Because there are so few Mac users nobody bothers writing them.

You know why Macs don't get viruses? Because there are so few Mac users nobody bothers writing them.

alas the beauty of them..;) i have never been one to follow the crowd. ( ok well not always :lol: ) i am nothing if not unique :lol:

alas the beauty of them..;) i have never been one to follow the crowd. ( ok well not always :lol: ) i am nothing if not unique :lol:

Never followed the crowd, the crowd never let you join. Really splitting hairs aren't we...

Macs are absolute Sh#t. I hate that stupid fu**ing pinwheel and how everything freezes on those pieces of Sh#t. Just awful.

gotta side with greengal guys......... I have to be in the pc world & used to be all in til last year or so.

since coming back to mac again i luv it . no virus or spamming to deal with. if only having 3% or so of market share is what it takes for clean uninterrupted,userfriendly, innovative, brilliant graphics & always 1st in new ideas, then thank you to each & every one of you 97% pc geniuses

Archived