***The OFFICIAL Jets vs. Eagles Discussion Thread***

InstantClassic

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The jury is still out on Gholston IMO. I think people instead of writing him off give him a little time to prove himself. Sure he looked god awful, but he's got 4 games that he'll be getting action....at least we're seeing something this week. Sure its against 2nd and 3rd stringers but at least he's showing he's capable of something.

Hey Look everyone... its Mr. I Dont Get The Joke Guy!

Okay, thank god. But I actually have a great sense of humor, but can never tell when people joke about VG, because for the most part EVERYONE ON THIS SITE hates him

Anyways, I'm sorry I overreacted lol. But I don't know how much more of the hate I can take lol. My bad

Okay, thank god. But I actually have a great sense of humor, but can never tell when people joke about VG, because for the most part EVERYONE ON THIS SITE hates him

Anyways, I'm sorry I overreacted lol. But I don't know how much more of the hate I can take lol. My bad

:D

I have no opinion on him. He must prove something to me this year. Last year he was lost. Hopefully tonight will give him confidence heading into the season.

cant get too high on anyone's performance tonight.

The jury is still out on Gholston IMO. I think people instead of writing him off give him a little time to prove himself. Sure he looked god awful, but he's got 4 games that he'll be getting action....at least we're seeing something this week. Sure its against 2nd and 3rd stringers but at least he's showing he's capable of something.

Completely agree with you. I mean I am definitely on his Band Wagon, but to be completely fair, he definitely/obviously has to step up this year into the role we NEED him to fill.

Completely agree with you. I mean I am definitely on his Band Wagon, but to be completely fair, he definitely/obviously has to step up this year into the role we NEED him to fill.

Total agreement, he's got 4 games to really show if he's worthy of not only being a starter but be on this team in the future. If he plays with the amount of confidence he's playing with now and just playing, not thinking he'll be pretty good and contribute. For VG even if he gets 4-6 sacks this year that would be fantastic and a success. Lets not totally kill the kid and call for his head yet.

Total agreement, he's got 4 games to really show if he's worthy of not only being a starter but be on this team in the future. If he plays with the amount of confidence he's playing with now and just playing, not thinking he'll be pretty good and contribute. For VG even if he gets 4-6 sacks this year that would be fantastic and a success. Lets not totally kill the kid and call for his head yet.

GOD I NEED MORE OF THIS LOGIC ON THIS SITE!!!!

No Homo, but, where have you been all my Jetnation Life!

Oh My God, I just looked at ESPN NFL page, one of the headlines:

Dueling Browns' QBs Quinn, Anderson held out of game vs. (whoever)

THANK GOD MANGINA IS NOT HERE ANYMORE!!!!!!

What is a QB competition without QBs competing!?!?!?! LOL!!!!!!!!!!

HAHA SORRY BROWNS FANS!

Someone give me some notes. How is Gholston doing? I already know Sanchez did great. But tell me something!!

He looks tired. But I don't think any OLB will ever play on this team without rotating at all through out a regular season game. He is definitely getting some serious playing time tonight.... and, it looks like it's paying off.

1. He's always around the action; he is really good at containing his target.

2. He has an effective bull-rush move... I hope Rex told him to keep the spin-move, and swim-move in his hidden bag of tricks for the regular season... As a strictly bull rush guy, he requires attention (1st qtr he was getting double teamed)

3. He still looks a bit slow, but nothing to worry about... once a guy is in his sights, he isn't breaking free, but he might get 8 yards... VG pursuit angle is very conservative.

4. He's had a sack, a near fumble recovery, and countless pressures. For being seemingly unmotivated, at least he's persistent.

5. He got ear-holed on a punt coverage... I think he just learned the hard way to keep his head on a swivel.

6. He seems to be learning from his mistakes...slowly but surely.

Honestly but look at what he had to do on that play.

No moves, just run straight.

This is the only thing he can do....I'm sorry, but there is a reason why he gets all of his touchdowns on deep passes against 2nd/3rd string cb's.

He can't beat a guy within 15 yards, and because of that, and actual starting cb will just cover him over the top

Archived