Arent you glad Sanchez isnt 'learning' by holding a clipboard?

SouthernJet

1-5 or 2-4

LOL...that's why I bumped...purely to get a kick out of this.

IDK man, if he played mistake free ball, I think we would be in really good shape. Sanchez is not the reason we are .500 and he is also the reason we are .500, nor was he the reason we were undefeated at one point.

5-1/4-2

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pick.. imo he'd have played better against all three of the team we lost to.. Also , he had chemiostry with Keller who should be one of our better weopens

Chemistry with Keller? When?

Clemens never threw to Keller in a real game. Are you "assuming" chemistry?

LOL...that's why I bumped...purely to get a kick out of this.

IDK man, if he played mistake free ball, I think we would be in really good shape. Sanchez is not the reason we are .500 and he is also the reason we are .500, nor was he the reason we were undefeated at one point.

5-1/4-2

LOL u act like KC is not mistake prone

he threw so many Int's in TC..

we do not beat Aints or pats with KC

I think we still lose to Miami. They were just destined to win that game.

He definitely wins yesterday and the way our D played in N.O., we'd win there too.

Sorry, new to the party here, but since when is Kellen Clemens a good quarterback? Remember, this is the same guy that LOST an open competition to a rookie in the preseason even though he's been in the system working with Schotty for four years while Sanchez had only been there for four months. If anything, Jets fans should be thankful that they're 3-3 with a glimmer of hope left this season. It's not a stretch whatsoever to say that things could be much worse with Clemens.

Come on man..........

We all knew there would be games like this

part falls on schott for having him throw in wind

Hartsock's hold cost team win after all the mess mex did

after 3 games he was the Sanchisze. Now...

all the people sucking his d!ck the first 3 weeks cant now turn around and preach patience with him and look past his awful and mediocre performances. At least we all are back to the same level of modest expectations.

after 3 games he was the Sanchisze. Now...

all the people sucking his d!ck the first 3 weeks cant now turn around and preach patience with him and look past his awful and mediocre performances. At least we all are back to the same level of modest expectations.

I still believe in Mex.....need to practice outside though

P H U C K the B U B B L E

Sorry, new to the party here, but since when is Kellen Clemens a good quarterback? Remember, this is the same guy that LOST an open competition to a rookie in the preseason even though he's been in the system working with Schotty for four years while Sanchez had only been there for four months. If anything, Jets fans should be thankful that they're 3-3 with a glimmer of hope left this season. It's not a stretch whatsoever to say that things could be much worse with Clemens.

Clemens didn't lose an open competition. It was rigged. Unless Clemens looked so much better than Sanchez that it was painfully obvious to everyone that Clemens was head and shoulders above Sanchez, Sanchez was going to win. Clemens had to play so good only an utter fool would choose Sanchez in order to get the job. All Sanchez needed to do was keep it close.

never said people didnt believe in him or shouldnt. But its funny how the Sanchez d!ck sucking group now want to preach patience and lower expectations.

Go read my D1ck sucking posts of Mex..u paid $55 search away

I said he will have phuck ups and cost us some games

Experience is valuable...PM even stated u cant learn d1ck holding

a clippy

WHo said anything about good. Average would be just fine. I don't think you realize how bad Sanchez has been on the year. He's been almost Jamarcus Russel bad..

AS to the bolded, I disagree. Clemens played better in 07 with a much a worse supoporting cast..

Clemens didn't lose an open competition. It was rigged. Unless Clemens looked so much better than Sanchez that it was painfully obvious to everyone that Clemens was head and shoulders above Sanchez, Sanchez was going to win. Clemens had to play so good only an utter fool would choose Sanchez in order to get the job. All Sanchez needed to do was keep it close.

And the fact was he didn't do that. He's not capable of doing that. The fact is that he's a career backup who would be putting up Derek Anderson-esque numbers under center right now. I'm sorry, I don't see how the Jets are a better team with him starting.

I think it's asinine to say that Sanchez would benefit by watching Clemens play. This isn't the Giants in 2004 where they had the luxury of letting Eli watch an MVP/Super Bowl winner on a weekly basis. I said it from day one, had the Jets gone out and signed Garcia or Leftwich, as in someone who has proven that they can win football games and, ya know, has a career QB rating north of 60, then it was more than reasonable to have Sanchez learn by sitting. What would it have accomplished by having him sit behind Clemens? Today, they would be a worse football team and Sanchez would be none the better for it.

This is true.

But what is also true is that once Sanchez did pull close for a second, Clemens folded. Me thinks he knew it was over and is a bit mentally weak..

a clippy

Did i say YOU? Nope. I said people. I used your post as a jumping off point to make my rant about patience.

Experience is valuable. Did i even question that? Nope.

And the fact was he didn't do that. He's not capable of doing that. The fact is that he's a career backup who would be putting up Derek Anderson-esque numbers under center right now. I'm sorry, I don't see how the Jets are a better team with him starting.

I think it's asinine to say that Sanchez would benefit by watching Clemens play. This isn't the Giants in 2004 where they had the luxury of letting Eli watch an MVP/Super Bowl winner on a weekly basis. I said it from day one, had the Jets gone out and signed Garcia or Leftwich, as in someone who has proven that they can win football games and, ya know, has a career QB rating north of 60, then it was more than reasonable to have Sanchez learn by sitting. What would it have accomplished by having him sit behind Clemens? Today, they would be a worse football team and Sanchez would be none the better for it.

No he is not capable of doing that. Thats why it was totally rigged. Sanchez might be the Jets franchise QB of the future. Clemens is not. So there is value in giving Sanchez the experince. Not one of the Jets wins came from the play of Sanchez and one of the loses did. If Clemens had started from week 1 the Jets would be 4-2, the only difference being the Bills game. Doesn't mean that would have been the smart move long term, but the idea that Sanchez beat Clemens in a fair competition is totally bogus.

I never said Sanchez would have benifited from sitting.

No he is not capable of doing that. Thats why it was totally rigged. Sanchez might be the Jets franchise QB of the future. Clemens is not. So there is value in giving Sanchez the experince. Not one of the Jets wins came from the play of Sanchez and one of the loses did. If Clemens had started from week 1 the Jets would be 4-2, the only difference being the Bills game. Doesn't mean that would have been the smart move long term, but the idea that Sanchez beat Clemens in a fair competition is totally bogus.

I never said Sanchez would have benifited from sitting.

yeah mumbles is real scared of KC..in case u didn't notice mex played well

in that game...KC suks

WHo said anything about good. Average would be just fine. I don't think you realize how bad Sanchez has been on the year. He's been almost Jamarcus Russel bad..

AS to the bolded, I disagree. Clemens played better in 07 with a much a worse supoporting cast..

Statistically, Clemens' career stats are almost identical to what Sanchez has done this year which is sad in and of itself. Throw in the fact that Sanchez outplayed him in TC and the preseason despite the fact that he has four years more experience, where's the argument here?

a clippy

1) EVERY QB is going to say that because no one would want to be the pu**y who says "I wish I held a clipboard longer"

2) Mark Sanchez is not Peyton Manning. Being right for one does not make it right for the other. Manning also didn't come out after only 1 year of starting at Tennessee. Why people insist on making comparisons between these two completely different players is beyond me. Ooh Peyton Manning went 3-13 as a rookie. Yeah, the Dolts had the 2nd-worst defense in the NFL when Manning was a rookie. You really think he'd have lead the Jets to 3-13 as a rookie with this team? Dream on. The guy's just about the best QB I've ever seen. The Mark Sanchez-Peyton Manning comparisons are laughable even if he ends up being a pro bowler at some point in his career.

Statistically, Clemens' career stats are almost identical to what Sanchez has done this year which is sad in and of itself. Throw in the fact that Sanchez outplayed him in TC and the preseason despite the fact that he has four years more experience, where's the argument here?

So you think coming in fresh with a stout defense, oline and running game offers an identical climate for success as coming in at 1-7, with no oline and no running game?

Not to mention that Clemens stats were better in 2007 when you look at any of the advanced stats that take into account opposition and Sanchez's little fumbling problem...

1) EVERY QB is going to say that because no one would want to be the pu**y who says "I wish I held a clipboard longer"

2) Mark Sanchez is not Peyton Manning. Being right for one does not make it right for the other. Manning also didn't come out after only 1 year of starting at Tennessee. Why people insist on making comparisons between these two completely different players is beyond me. Ooh Peyton Manning went 3-13 as a rookie. Yeah, the Dolts had the 2nd-worst defense in the NFL when Manning was a rookie. You really think he'd have lead the Jets to 3-13 as a rookie with this team? Dream on. The guy's just about the best QB I've ever seen. The Mark Sanchez-Peyton Manning comparisons are laughable even if he ends up being a pro bowler at some point in his career.

i thought the best evah was Cindy...i have been told

Peyton said this for his brother as well ...learn nothing holding a clippy

as long as OL is decent....which our OL is

So you think coming in fresh with a stout defense, oline and running game offers an identical climate for success as coming in at 1-7, with no oline and no running game?

Not to mention that Clemens stats were better in 2007 when you look at any of the advanced stats that take into account opposition and Sanchez's little fumbling problem...

Just going by the fact that whether "fair" or not, Clemens had his shot this year with the stout D, O-line, and running game and couldn't outperform Sanchez like he needed to when he needed to. Again, I'm not saying that Sanchez absolutely should have been the Week 1 starter, but that was only if they had a viable option. By being unable to outperform a rookie with only one year of college experience in his best shot yet to win a job as a starting QB, he pretty much sealed his own fate.

Sanchez didn't have Justin McCareins turn a TD into an INT or Cotchery dropping passes in his hands because one of his fingers was mangled.

I'm not getting into an argument over who is better. Sanchez is the QB. The only thing I doubted was the wisdom in throwing him out there immediately with such limited experience.

Just going by the fact that whether "fair" or not, Clemens had his shot this year with the stout D, O-line, and running game and couldn't outperform Sanchez like he needed to when he needed to. Again, I'm not saying that Sanchez absolutely should have been the Week 1 starter, but that was only if they had a viable option. By being unable to outperform a rookie with only one year of college experience in his best shot yet to win a job as a starting QB, he pretty much sealed his own fate.

'

Listen, I don't disagree. CLemens was winning the QB battle, then that scrimmage happenned where Sanchez played well, the press and Rex made a huge deal out of it and the weak minded Clemens checked out.

I'm just saying that I think we'd be better off with Clemens in there up to this point. When Sanchez was drafted I was hoping there'd be no competition and that Redx would sit him, based merely off of his profile and lewin forecast..

It's pretty simple. They chose Sanchez as the starting QB based on real comparisons of everyone vying for the position in training camp. Not off of film, based on reports, or other representations. I'm sure his draft position and contract $$ played a small part in it. But who's going to say "lets not start him because history has shown he needs to watch games from the sidelines and wave towels for awhile" - Brian Schottenheimer? Rex Ryan - with all his schooling in running NFL offenses? Looks to me like Mark won the job in camp and if it's prudent to let him collect his senses from the sidelines for awhile - hopefully someone will make that happen. But the coaching staff is just as hopefully still looking hard at him and everyone taking snaps in practice this week and putting our best chance to win on the field.

LOL u act like KC is not mistake prone

he threw so many Int's in TC..

we do not beat Aints or pats with KC

I never said Clemens was good, I never said it couldnt be worse...it very well could be...Personally, I think a guy 4 years in the system and 4 years in the NFL with starting experience under his belt would be better suited for a team that is winning despite their QB playing awful.

Again, this team was not undefeated because of Sanchez, but this team is 3-3 because of Sanchez. I just got a feeling that Kellen doest make as many mistakes and that his arm could hold up in bad weather.

And like others have said, this was not an open competition. Clearly Sanchez was the favorite. And the bottom line is, we would not be in this situation with potentially a mentally damage rookie QB...which was all of us that wanted him holding a clip board were worried about.

I still think Clemens should start. He's the guy that will take us places.

Last place, to be specific.

and yet Clemens has a better QB rating with a far inferior Ol; injured receivers and no run game then Sanchez does after 6 games! Both have 5 TDs and 10 INTS. REX is going to simplify the Offense for Sanchez. Will that win games when we play the better teams? NO. Maybe it is about time that we worry about the JETS winning games rather then hero worship.

Archived