Jets - Patriots Game Preview

Maxman

The Welker problem is the matchup I'm most worried about. I'm very confident Revis can and will lock down Moss.

I posted on a different thread that the first time Welker runs across the middle someone Bart, Harris, Kerry, or whoever should hit him so hard he will be tip-toeing the rest of the game.

I'm also confident Rex will disguise out schemes well enough to not get burned badly on dump off screen passes. When we bring the blitz we have to get a body on Faulk, Maroney, and any other Patsie that's breaking off or behind the line. That's where Ben Watson could prove dangerous but as long as the coverage holds Brady is in for a long day.

The Welker problem is the matchup I'm most worried about. I'm very confident Revis can and will lock down Moss.

I posted on a different thread that the first time Welker runs across the middle someone Bart, Harris, Kerry, or whoever should hit him so hard he will be tip-toeing the rest of the game.

I'm also confident Rex will disguise out schemes well enough to not get burned badly on dump off screen passes. When we bring the blitz we have to get a body on Faulk, Maroney, and any other Patsie that's breaking off or behind the line. That's where Ben Watson could prove dangerous but as long as the coverage holds Brady is in for a long day.

I think (hope) that will be a huge factor for the Jets that didn't exist in previous games vs the Pats. Just the physical nature -- making them earn it over the middle.

Jets teams of the past didn't seem to have much of an issue with a small receiver running across the middle of the field, shredding them up. Hopefully this team takes exception to that thought. :winking0001:

The Jets offense should be able to take advantage of the Pats lb's with Mayo's absence. Guyton looked like a lost puppy out there against Buffalo. Keller could have a monster game. The Pats will be forced to play a 4-3 base - this will take time to gel and I do not think game two is gel time. :) The Pats d's success will all hinge on the big guys up front. If the Jets can contain Wilfork, the game should be easy. I think Washington will run wild. Thomas will have success as well. This should open up play-action and the Jets receiveres will have some opportunities. The Pats d-backs are not as bad as you all think, however. (My Hobbit hate aside ;) - man was I happy when that idiot signed with the Eagles.)

As far as the Jets defense goes - they need to get pressure up the middle...send the bllitz behind that mountian Jenkins. "Todd" Light is the weak-link the o-line - I suspect Watson/Baker will be helping out, a lot. I could see Welker/Faulk having a good game if the Pats somehow figure out how to get favorable match-ups in the middle of the field. I too believe that Moss will be ineffective. Revis is THAT good...would be nice to see old man Galloway step up.

Jets 27

Pats 17

The Jets offense should be able to take advantage of the Pats lb's with Mayo's absence. Guyton looked like a lost puppy out there against Buffalo. Keller could have a monster game. The Pats will be forced to play a 4-3 base - this will take time to gel and I do not think game two is gel time. :) The Pats d's success will all hinge on the big guys up front. If the Jets can contain Wilfork, the game should be easy. I think Washington will run wild. Thomas will have success as well. This should open up play-action and the Jets receiveres will have some opportunities. The Pats d-backs are not as bad as you all think, however. (My Hobbit hate aside ;) - man was I happy when that idiot signed with the Eagles.)

As far as the Jets defense goes - they need to get pressure up the middle...send the bllitz behind that mountian Jenkins. "Todd" Light is the weak-link the o-line - I suspect Watson/Baker will be helping out, a lot. I could see Welker/Faulk having a good game if the Pats somehow figure out how to get favorable match-ups in the middle of the field. I too believe that Moss will be ineffective. Revis is THAT good...would be nice to see old man Galloway step up.

Jets 27

Pats 17

That is cute. I love when girls post about football.

Who wrote that originally? :-P

Jets 27

Pats 17

my gut tells me we'll win by more than a score as well. I agree with your thoughts to a degree but not sure if we'll run wild though since we don't carry a big wide recieving threat.

offense- I'll be pissed early if we don't throw with 8 men in the box to open up the game offensively.

defensively- so much of the obvious has already been stated but I hope we can stop the run/short rb pass etc in a spread offense as i'm pretty sure we can get some heat on brady if we stop the run & short stuff early.

If I was gonna place any bet on this game , it would be that Pats take 1st possesion.

we'll prolly concede the coin toss & ne will keep the ball. thats about all i'm sure of

Slip Screens will rule the day - by boths teams. Washington, Faulk, Welker. I see the Jets playing wildcat too.

what I like the most is how underrated cotchery is. good hands & tough to bring down after the catch. He always plays well vs pats. I won't be surprised if we have success in that area.

as long as we don't go into the game run run pass on every series we should be able to open up & get some favorable matchups

what I like the most is how underrated cotchery is. good hands & tough to bring down after the catch. He always plays well vs pats. I won't be surprised if we have success in that area.

as long as we don't go into the game run run pass on every series we should be able to open up & get some favorable matchups

Bodden played well Monday night. The Pats secondary doesn't worry me the way it did last year - although it was just one game and I do have an unhealthy hatred toward Ellis Hobbs ;) I just keep thinking back to the Pats/Jets game at Gillette last November. Dustin Keller runs over Guyton and Merriweather. I envision much of the same Sunday afternoon.

my gut tells me we'll win by more than a score as well. I agree with your thoughts to a degree but not sure if we'll run wild though since we don't carry a big wide recieving threat.

offense- I'll be pissed early if we don't throw with 8 men in the box to open up the game offensively.

defensively- so much of the obvious has already been stated but I hope we can stop the run/short rb pass etc in a spread offense as i'm pretty sure we can get some heat on brady if we stop the run & short stuff early.

If I was gonna place any bet on this game , it would be that Pats take 1st possesion.

we'll prolly concede the coin toss & ne will keep the ball. thats about all i'm sure of

That is cute. I love when girls post about football.

Who wrote that originally? :razz:

The Welker problem is the matchup I'm most worried about.
They need to be very physical with him at the line, and hit him all day long, get in his head and make him react!

Rex knows this because the Ravens did it to him in the past, and it slowed him down, and got him to take stupid penalties.

I remember a couple years ago on this board there was a discussion on how to beat the Pats. It was said that we need to have a physical defense, and just overload the field with talent.

I believe we've done this.

Not only that, we have a coach who knows how to limit the Patriots offense, as much as it CAN be limited, anyways.

I like our chances this week. I am SO pumped. 22 hours to gametime!

Archived