D.C. SportsTalk On Coles/Moss Trade

Warfish

As I mentioned, today is the first weekday since the Coles for Moss trade went throught....

As such, the local D.C. hosts of the afternoon show are discussing the deal now. Here is their (and their callers) feelings:

--The hosts hate the deal completely.

--They wonder why the Skins didn't make Coles stay....as they did with Ramsey last year when he wanted out.

--They feel the Skins got screwed....due to 9 Million Cap Hit, which likely eliminates their abillity to resign Smoot or get any other FA's now.

--They feel Moss, in the Gibbs offense, will not get passed to very often.

--The belive the Skins, based on their signings this year on the O-line, are returning to the days of the "Riggo Drill", i.e. run run run and run some more.

--They feel the Skins MUST draft a CB at #9 now, no question.

--Moss will never play all 16 games in D.C. due to system and injury issues.

The Fans Chimed in with:

--They feel the Skin snow have two 5'10' #2 WR's as their starters...not good.

--One guy thinks the Skins made out since (in his words) Coles career is over due to toe.

And FYI: Coles physical is scheduled for Wednesday and Moss is scheduled for tonight.

I have a good feeling about Santana Moss in Washington.

Then again, I had a good feeling about Jeremiah Trotter in Washington, Lavernues Coles in Washington, Clinton Portis in Washington etc etc etc

I'll be interested to hear the results of Cole's physical and see what team physicians think about his toe. :roll:

That is what is going to determine IF this is a done deal.

Coles said he is fine, no problem. Of course he wouldn't be the first player to lie for 8 million.

Will they make him run in the physical?

That is what is going to determine IF this is a done deal.

Coles said he is fine, no problem. Of course he wouldn't be the first player to lie for 8 million.

Will they make him run in the physical?

I don't think Coles would lie and the fact that he had 90 catches last season implies that he's O.K. I don't know if they'll require him to run or not but I think it's safe to say that the Jet's will do a very thorough assessment of him if they, in fact, offered Coles some kind of an extension which it's my understanding that they did.

Archived