Mets fans, if Jose Reyes looks like his "old self" in ST, do you try to deal him?

AFJF

IMO if Reyes is healthy and playing like it, he's probably their most valuable trade chip and the Mets have a ton of holes to fill. If he shows in ST that he's all the way back, would you include him in a deal and if so, who do you try to get in return?

I'd say as an outside observer that if he's healthy, they need to hold on to him and hope he has a big first half. IMO, they should have traded him long ago, as he the only thing consistent about him has been he's been consistently overrated. But as of right now, his value has never been lower. He's been ineffective and injured most recently. No sense in trading him in now. The return will not be what it could have been or may be in a few months.

He needs to prove he can stay on the field and the Mets need to let him play his speed game and hotdog act and maybe some contender will be looking for a spark plug type for the pennant stretch. If that happens, the Mets should sieze the opportunity and see if they can grab some young pitching and/or outfield talent for him.

I know you guys think he's fun to watch, but this guy would best serve the Mets organization by getting them some young talent for the future. They badly need a turnaround, both on the field and in the clubhouse, and he is the first place to start it.

A healthy Jose Reyes is going to be one of the few things getting Met fans to Citifield this season. No ****ing way do you trade him from a financial standpoint.

Nothing fills the seats like winning. And the Mets aren't doing that in the state they are in.

They should look to acquire as much young talent as they can.

Why in the world would they trade him?

They have nothing to replace him.

They have Bay, Beltran, Wright and him as stars on this team with decent role players at the other positions.

They have a stud in Santana.

And a top-line closer.

How many other teams have this?

All this team needs is its stars to play like stars, their role players to fill their role, and the pitching staff perform decently. As much as I bash Omar and this team, they really arent that far off from being a contending team.

They have Bay, Beltran, Wright and him as stars on this team with decent role players at the other positions.

And a top-line closer.

All this team needs is its stars to play like stars, their role players to fill their role, and the pitching staff perform decently. As much as I bash Omar and this team, they really arent that far off from being a contending team.

Staying healthy would be a good start.

And a top-line closer.

Look at the teams around MLB that contend. Most have an excellent 1-2 punch at the top of the rotation with solid arms behind them. As of now the Mets have an ace and a bunch of question marks. Reyes is the kind of guy that could bring them a #2 and an MLB caliber catcher. The rest of your post I agree with completely. They have a lot of talent that just needs to stay healthy and produce the way they were expected to when they signed their deals.

Look at the teams around MLB that contend. Most have an excellent 1-2 punch at the top of the rotation with solid arms behind them. As of now the Mets have an ace and a bunch of question marks. Reyes is the kind of guy that could bring them a #2 and an MLB caliber catcher. The rest of your post I agree with completely. They have a lot of talent that just needs to stay healthy and produce the way they were expected to when they signed their deals.

Right now Reyes isnt worth anything until he proves he can stay healthy and perform. Losing him out of the lineup will be more costly than what we get in return.

idk...reyes is still young enough to keep around if he comes back strong. beltran, otoh, should be a goner if we are sellers come july. reyes is or will be 27....that's a players prime usually. i don't see any reason to get rid of him unless he doesn't come back strong. if beltran plays well enough he will be worth something decent on the trade market. hopefully perez has enough good ollie days where he will be worth something too.

And a top-line closer.

This is exactly why the Mets have failed for the last several years. The front office seems to have this philosophy that the roster is fine as it is, and eventually will come around the way they expect it to. Yet year after year, it never comes.

At some point, there needs to be a realization that these guys aren't going to get it done. Change is so obviously needed in this organization from top to bottom.

A healthy Reyes is one of your strongest commodities to get something in return for.

Let me ask you all this: what exactly has Reyes ever accomplished in this league that leads you to believe it is a cornerstone of a championship franchise? The guy can't even stay on the field.

Laugh. Out. Loud.

Omar. Trading for players that would actually win.

Whew. Thanks, I needed that.

The more insight we get into this organization, the more it seems that ownership is much more to blame. It seems as if Omar is completely handcuffed by a lack of any real plan from his bosses.

Archived