Mafia Game Thread--The Thing

SMC

"Son of a gun" :rolleyes:

The "aw shucks" sounds soooo contrived coming from you.

i look forward to toasting marshmellows over your burning monkey flesh very soon...

i don't look forward to afterwards watching Jif feed those marshmellows to crusher, but what can you do..

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes that was dumb.. i tried to throw cold water on it and defend him in other ways but he revealed me right when i cam back.. son of a gun

I am not convinced he's innocent.

I've actually got something of a date tonight. I hope to be back on later, but I also kinda hope I'm not. ;) I'm sticking with this vote for now. I'm not in any way convinced that this watcher role isn't a scum role, and I also think the town is going to be phucked trying to deal with him as an outed power role even if he were telling the truth. So far, his role has only hurt the town. All he's given us is an outed doc-type role that we can't even be 100% sure we can trust.

What a mess.

MOD NOTE: If an assimilated power role is torched, that player would show up Thing only as if he/she was always Thing.

Does this mean that we won't be able to tell the difference between original thing and converted thing too?

Not talking anymore about what role i do or don't have and what i might do with said role.. let the scum guess on that..

quit fishing

And yes, as i said, i'm convinced he started town, otherwise he would've tried to assimiliate me today, which I know he didn't.. ( he could've been the one assimilated today though, i concur on that)

Didn't mean to be fishing, I was venting. I don't expect you to announce what you might be doing with your role, or what the doc should do with his, or whatever.

Just pointing out what a mess this is.

1) I don't understand why this is a difficult concept for a person with your intelligence. If I was scum, why would I want to out CTM out loud? I'd just convert him and have a power role eliminated and do it in the background. I claimed my info because you , I28, pac, and vicious were all trying to get me lynched based on obscure info. Now you can't because you know i accurately watched someone in the game.

I hear what you're saying.

What you're telling me is that with a town power role, you discovered someone up to something that you thought was the cop, and you chose to out him to help give you some credibility. Correct?

I see that as anti-town. Your role as described wouldn't be any more valuable than a traditional cop role. You can try to tell me that a scum watcher wouldn't reveal, but can you explain to me why a town watcher would opt to out a player he believed to be the cop?

A third explanation could be that you have some sort of watcher capabilities as a third party. A survivor or something. Not a SK, apparently, but another player who wins for himself by getting to endgame... ? I don't know. I'm just throwing it out there because I see outing CTM as severely anti-town.

Its your face... gotta be your face.

:P joking aside, I'd like to hear that explanation too...

JVOR's outing of CTM's role was very anti-town, considering I wasn't putty THAT much pressure on him.

CTM's immediate confirmation of that outing was also very anti-town, he should have at least contested the claim until we learned more about JVOR.

CTM really couldn't contest the claim. If he does, we lynch JVOR on the spot and if he turns up watcher, we lynch CTM next. That's a bad move regardless if he is town or scum.

Yeah, cause SMC played how many games and is clearly as dumb brained as you are.

The mere fact that there doesn't appear to be traditional nightkilling scum in this game should tell you all you need to know about how vanilla this game is..

Yeah I don't buy the "first time mod" shtick either for someone who has played in so many games. I see it as the opposite way, that he would see it as a challenge to create as crazy of a game as possible. I've modded two games in the past and both times I included roles that we had never used in either of our past games. Plus modding a more complex game makes it more interesting for the mod.

Yeah I don't buy the "first time mod" shtick either for someone who has played in so many games. I see it as the opposite way, that he would see it as a challenge to create as crazy of a game as possible. I've modded two games in the past and both times I included roles that we had never used in either of our past games. Plus modding a more complex game makes it more interesting for the mod.

Yeah, if I ever mod a game, it's going to be crazy.

I see that as anti-town. Your role as described wouldn't be any more valuable than a traditional cop role. You can try to tell me that a scum watcher wouldn't reveal, but can you explain to me why a town watcher would opt to out a player he believed to be the cop?

A third explanation could be that you have some sort of watcher capabilities as a third party. A survivor or something. Not a SK, apparently, but another player who wins for himself by getting to endgame... ? I don't know. I'm just throwing it out there because I see outing CTM as severely anti-town.

it was and it was selfish, but it's over and done with... if he's smart he'll watch me tonight or himself and out anyone that stops by..

Oh god, I don't know if trying to read all that in one sitting was a good idea!

So apparently JVOR saw CTM sneaking into JiF's bedroom for some naughty time last night. CTM says this is true. So either they're both lying, both telling the truth, or JVoR is lying but CTM isn't.

With that in mind, I think it's a poor idea to lynch JVoR today. Lynching him now potentially means lynching a power role, while the scum get to convert whomever else they want. Waiting until tomorrow to lynch JVoR means if he's telling the truth and not converted we get one more night of results from him. If he's telling the truth and does get converted, then we've taken out a Thing.

I'm kind of surprised by Vic's reaction to JVoR's reveal. Immediately after JVoR's reveal he sounds a little too confident that JVoR is lying. Isn't it the normal townie move to give role reveals careful consideration? Instead Vic is calling for a lynch pretty much right away. It seems to me more like a scum move to push for a lynch of a potential power role. How are you so certain there's no need for a watcher in this game? We have no idea what scum can do at night. Seems a little to eager to get rid of a power role to me.

Are you going to stand up Slats tonight?

I don't understand you. Slats and I are of one mind and soul. I am excited for us to meet this sexy gal we met on craigslist. We hope the night goes well for us.

I'm going to go ahead and vote: Vicious. Obviously we need to lynch someone by the deadline, though, so if no one else gets the same vibe on him that I do, I'll switch my vote to someone non-JVoR/CTM. Unless somehow Vicious/Slats/Integrity can convince me without a doubt that JVoR is lying. (It's possible I'm missing something.)

I'll be around all night to switch my vote as needed.

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT--DAY 2

Integrity (3) -- Sharrow, CTM, Pac

Sharrow (2) -- JVoR, JiF

Crusher (1) -- Bleedin' Green

JVoR (3) -- Vicious, slats, Integrity

Vicious (1) -- DanX

With 11 Research Team Members, it takes 6 to torch.

i look forward to toasting marshmellows over your burning monkey flesh very soon...

i don't look forward to afterwards watching Jif feed those marshmellows to crusher, but what can you do..

I'll buy an extra fork... because you'll be gone quicker than you can say "Crusher's body lint smells like pork rinds" if you dopes are successful in lynching me.

I knew you "had it out for me" ****er... Come get me!!!

Townies should be paying close attention... if they lynch me, I will turn up town... and I can assure you at least one of these limp dicks is scum: Sharrow, Pac, CTM.

If no one wants to budge from I28/JVoR, I will change my vote to one of them soon.

MOD NOTE: Those 2 do not have to be your only options.

The game warrants educated decisions that you're comfortable with. Players shouldn't vote just to avoid a random lynch.

Be decisive, be happy with your votes, and wait to see how it plays out.

If no one wants to budge from I28/JVoR, I will change my vote to one of them soon.

Would you at least enlighten us as to why you'd be willing to vote for me now, considering the multiple posts you've had explaining how you don't think I am scum?

Would you at least enlighten us as to why you'd be willing to vote for me now, considering the multiple posts you've had explaining how you don't think I am scum?

Very simple - to avoid a random lynch. Generally if no one reaches a consensus by the deadline, the mod kills someone at random. It's obviously in the town's favor to lynch one of the popular vote-getters instead of letting just anyone get killed.

Although now I'm confused after SMC's latest post ...

MOD NOTE: Those 2 do not have to be your only options.

The game warrants educated decisions that you're comfortable with. Players shouldn't vote just to avoid a random lynch.

Be decisive, be happy with your votes, and wait to see how it plays out.

Does this mean you won't be killing someone at random if we don't reach agreement by the deadline?

Ok, i'd say that's enough for now since I'm pretty sure BG would locked into me at this point anyways.

I've pretty much been a scumball for the entire game and have been very wary of those with a townie feel on me.

Since a deadline is actually approaching pretty soon i'm just going to reveal now so you don't bother wasting time voting me. I'm town and I have the ability to watch a room at night to see who visits and if the person left the room. Yesterday I got a person visiting at night.

I could reveal that person but my gut feeling is the person i saw visiting was the cop. if u want me to i can just do it to verify me.

The person's room i watched also did not leave their room.

Have at it. CTM visited JiF last night. Jif did not leave his room.

i'm not saying i'm the doc persay.. i'm saying i have abilities that i can use on myself and 1 other person

First of all, **** the both of you. I personally see no need for this but whatever. Whats done is done.

CTM - Sorry if you answered this and I missed it, I'm curious to know why you were in my room last night other than you obviously have a thing for me. Why did you choose me, you did choose me? Completely blind to the situation why would you chose to come into my room instead of the squeaky clean who are more likely to conversion.

Either way, this is odd. And I'm perplexed.

I dont really see how JVOR is any good to us now. We surely cant trust him anymore. Something is off here...I dont know what it is. The timing of it, the people in play...all strange.

However, I also think this is a crucial lynch and if we know right now that me, CTM and JVOR are all innocent our odds are that much better, especially if there's 3. And technically CTM could protect JVOR the rest of the way. Which ****s me because now I'm the known innocent who could potentially be converted or fake converted and then torched the next day...so I'm royally ****ed.

Ugh. I'm buzzed and need to digest this for a second.

Question... assuming all we've heard today is truth... can CTM protect JVOR and himself from assimilation? Or would an assimilation of JVOR make him a member of the scum team and allow him to use his role against us?

Doesn't it make sense to keep his role from being converted to scum? If not, someone explain to me why...

First of all, **** the both of you. I personally see no need for this but whatever. Whats done is done.

CTM - Sorry if you answered this and I missed it, I'm curious to know why you were in my room last night other than you obviously have a thing for me. Why did you choose me, you did choose me? Completely blind to the situation why would you chose to come into my room instead of the squeaky clean who are more likely to conversion.

Cause you are a good scum hunter, you were only under mild suspicion, if tubby flufflybutt was scum you'd be a logical first choice for assimilation, and if figured others would target you as well. So it was between you and crusher. i basically flipped a coin.

you being perplexed is definitely not odd...

Question... assuming all we've heard today is truth... can CTM protect JVOR and himself from assimilation? Or would an assimilation of JVOR make him a member of the scum team and allow him to use his role against us?

Doesn't it make sense to keep his role from being converted to scum? If not, someone explain to me why...

I never said i could protect anything..

Does this mean you won't be killing someone at random if we don't reach agreement by the deadline?

MOD NOTE: I would if there is dawdling. This has been an active & robust debate and I don't want to push a hasty choice.

But there has been 7 days of discussion with 1,300 posts, so everything is there to make a vote and come to a 6 vote consensus within the next could of hours.

I will extend the deadline if necessary (in case of a deadlock), but there is enough here for a lynch by research team choosing.

There has been 1 assimilation. So the research team is facing 1 more Thing than it did on day 1, with 1 less research team member (AVM being torched). So everything you have from day 1 is pertinent now except for 1 player.

There has been 1 assimilation. So the research team is facing 1 more Thing than it did on day 1, with 1 less research team member (AVM being torched). So everything you have from day 1 is pertinent now except for 1 player.

interesting..

Hm. Would he necessarily retain his power if he was converted?? Either way I think it makes sense to lynch JVoR tomorrow.

I dont really see how JVOR is any good to us now. We surely cant trust him anymore. Something is off here...I dont know what it is. The timing of it, the people in play...all strange.

However, I also think this is a crucial lynch and if we know right now that me, CTM and JVOR are all innocent our odds are that much better, especially if there's 3. And technically CTM could protect JVOR the rest of the way. Which ****s me because now I'm the known innocent who could potentially be converted or fake converted and then torched the next day...so I'm royally ****ed.

Ugh. I'm buzzed and need to digest this for a second.

Not that I think you're scum, but just to be clear, JVoR watching you and CTM visiting you does not in any way clear you. The fact that you didn't leave your room doesn't preclude you from being scum for a variety of reasons. First, we know the conversion happened during the day, so its possible no night action would've been seen. Also, even if something did happen at night, its possible your scum teammate did the conversion and not you. Or depending on how the roles work, you could've been protected at night, but converted during the day. My point is, the course events of today doesn't yet exonerate you as far as I'm concerned.

Archived