Mafia Game Thread--The Thing

SMC

hmm..... my intial thought is that you overplayed your hand, thinking i'd risk being clowned for the potential of getting absolutely anything i want.. (or just be blinded by the upside, and thus ignore the downside)

But then part of me thinks it'd be much funnier for you to see me talk myself out of doing this knowing full well what a jerk i'll feel like after the fact, and of course currying yourself some game equatiy while you're are at it..

I should have known you'd be too cautious. How about if you're right then I'll paint CTM WINS on my chest and post a picture. Haha.

If multiple people say they'll switch their vote to Sharrow, I'm fine with that route. As I said this morning, he has been seeming scummy to me.

Vote: Sharrow

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So... nobody is willing to consider JVOR was assimilated before his reveal and outing of CTM? Despite both moves being detrimental to the town?

Too dangerous to vote JVOR today.... Tomorrow is safer as it's only a matter of time before scum get him.

Plus like DanX mentioned he should reveal his results of his night action tomorrow... If when he's lynched he comes up clean we can trust those results but if he's scum we disregard them.

I finally have a chance to sit down and wow how times have changed. I was very ok with my choice for lynch today but now Im really getting pingage from people who haven;t really pinged me before.

JVOR and his reveal? Thats some seriously odd stuff right their. His reveal time bothers me. He was at L:3 and revealed real quick, then blamed it on Bleeding I believe clsoing in quick. L3 isbad in most games but this game has moved slow. Probably due to assumed small scum team. Though it's one bigger now. Then calling out CTM after alot of us said not to is not town friendly. This is a very good player. Not sure what happening feels like a setup. CTM, Sweet Boopsie and JVOR a very capable of serious trickery. Although if this story is real then they are closest to trustworthy. At leastt until the next time SMC comes out with his fatal little announcment.

Dan X the enigma. Popping in and out dropping just enough to influence flow. Out of left field vote for Vic. I have not been to put off by Vic, but as I read I128's post and Vic's odd solution to JVOR's reveal has me looking crosseyed at my ;little Chilean Thunder Cat. I love me some Vic but can;t say Im not getting wary of him.

JiF. Hmmmm, I love me some Boopsie but CTM showing up at his room. A happy fat man does not make.

CTM? Hmmmm. Felt he was off this game, I was paranoid after last game(he scummed well) but I really don't have a hard time believeing him this game. Not yet. Though truth is he is a very capable single win player. Ver capable. All we supposedly know is JVOR saw him go into Sweet Boopsie's room and come out satisfied. Business as usual. No idea what CTM is right now.

I need to looky look a little more and will chime in some more before hibernating.

anyone smell smoke?

Too dangerous to vote JVOR today.... Tomorrow is safer as it's only a matter of time before scum get him.

Plus like DanX mentioned he should reveal his results of his night action tomorrow... If when he's lynched he comes up clean we can trust those results but if he's scum we disregard them.

Agreed.

Going back to my original vote from today. Too much fixation on one player all game... has seemed like scum trying to exploit my trainwreck of a day one.

Unvote: JVOR

Now I'll get criticized for just returning to my earlier case... ready? Go...!

I finally have a chance to sit down and wow how times have changed. I was very ok with my choice for lynch today but now Im really getting pingage from people who haven;t really pinged me before.

JVOR and his reveal? Thats some seriously odd stuff right their. His reveal time bothers me. He was at L:3 and revealed real quick, then blamed it on Bleeding I believe clsoing in quick. L3 isbad in most games but this game has moved slow. Probably due to assumed small scum team. Though it's one bigger now. Then calling out CTM after alot of us said not to is not town friendly. This is a very good player. Not sure what happening feels like a setup. CTM, Sweet Boopsie and JVOR a very capable of serious trickery. Although if this story is real then they are closest to trustworthy. At leastt until the next time SMC comes out with his fatal little announcment.

Dan X the enigma. Popping in and out dropping just enough to influence flow. Out of left field vote for Vic. I have not been to put off by Vic, but as I read I128's post and Vic's odd solution to JVOR's reveal has me looking crosseyed at my ;little Chilean Thunder Cat. I love me some Vic but can;t say Im not getting wary of him.

JiF. Hmmmm, I love me some Boopsie but CTM showing up at his room. A happy fat man does not make.

CTM? Hmmmm. Felt he was off this game, I was paranoid after last game(he scummed well) but I really don't have a hard time believeing him this game. Not yet. Though truth is he is a very capable single win player. Ver capable. All we supposedly know is JVOR saw him go into Sweet Boopsie's room and come out satisfied. Business as usual. No idea what CTM is right now.

I need to looky look a little more and will chime in some more before hibernating.

Who was your lynch today muffin top?

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT--DAY 2

Integrity (3) -- Sharrow, CTM, Pac

Sharrow (4) -- JVoR, JiF, DanX, Integrity

Crusher (1) -- Bleedin' Green

JVoR (2) -- Vicious, slats

With 11 Research Team Members, it takes 6 to torch.

I should have known you'd be too cautious. How about if you're right then I'll paint CTM WINS on my chest and post a picture. Haha.

If multiple people say they'll switch their vote to Sharrow, I'm fine with that route. As I said this morning, he has been seeming scummy to me.

Agreed.

Going back to my original vote from today. Too much fixation on one player all game... has seemed like scum trying to exploit my trainwreck of a day one.

Unvote: JVOR

Now I'll get criticized for just returning to my earlier case... ready? Go...!

That just happened.

So... nobody is willing to consider JVOR was assimilated before his reveal and outing of CTM? Despite both moves being detrimental to the town?

Is it possible? Of course. I mentioned it earlier when listing out the possibilities in what the double-reveal could mean, I just found it unlikely. It could be the case, I just think at this point there's a strong enough case there to justify voting in that direction.

saw that.... I'd like to hear a little more about what makes Sharrow shady then the Darkman argument.

As I said earlier, his inactivity is neither here nor there for me. What I find scummy is the way he has zeroed in on one person from the beginning.

From this morning ...

Yikes, I thought weekends normally didn't count towards our 72 hours. I'll do my best to follow and post from my phone, but I won't be at a computer until 6-ish.

Because so little has happened over the weekend and I'm sure I'll miss a ton today, I'm going to hold off on voting until I get back.

One of the top guys in my radar is Sharrow, but not for his inactivity. Sharrow is about this active in every game regardless of alignment. I'm more suspicious of the content of his posts. Usually, Sharrow makes it count when he's able to be around. This game, he's honed in on I28 really early, and a big percentage of his posts are about the movie. I can typically count on Sharrow to provide a more objective opinion on several guys, not get tangled with one from the start.

I'm still suspicious of Vicious, but he's been gone all weekend, so there's nothing to work with there. I'll have a better idea about him once he starts posting again. Still wondering about JiF, but like I said, he's hard for me to read, and his erratic playing style has tripped me up in the past.

I really feel fine about I28 for the moment because if he's not an innocent 2nd-time player, then he's doing a brilliant job of sounding like one. Regarding Pac, unless he's the type of guy to never change his vote (which we've already seen him do), then I think his voting Crusher fits the character description others have given. He was all about Crusher the first day phase and only reluctantly unvoted before starting his I28 crusade. He picked up with Crusher again after the Blackout, which doesn't seem to odd to me considering it was a pretty big event that would give him an excuse to return to his original target. Which reminds me, I'm really sad I missed the Blackout and CTM having his way with JiF.

I know he's claimed that he has a new approach to the game, but it just seems so un-Sharrowlike. I feel okay lynching him with the feeling that there's a decent chance he's scum. Unlike I28, where I feel there's a very high chance he's town.

this is begging for me to go where pac went ... little minx

Do we have a bet or what? If you think I'm scum, this should be a no-brainer. :D

Not a chance reservoir tip... Nobody is budging on the JVOR situation... so I am inclined to put my vote back on Sharrow where it was before that whole debacle.

That just happened.

saw that.... I'd like to hear a little more about what makes Sharrow shady then the Darkman argument.

My case against Sharrow was never "darkman" or "lack of participation."

My case against him is that throughout the game he has isolated 1 player (me) and not dropped that case. This is the same "myopic" approach that I have been criticized for and the reason many of you FOS'ed me or voted me.

He has posted a bunch of drivel about the movie, and hasn't actually made a single case of his own against me... preferring to piggyback Pac's case... and the only thing he keeps referring to is that he thinks I "knew" AVM's affiliation because I assumed he was town after the torch scene, but before the death scene... which I had no idea was coming.

No, but Im afraid we may have of the pole variety if we walked by Sweet Boopsies room last night. Taking advantage of poor drunk Boopsie like that is disgusting.

relax..i left the other hole for you.. it was jvor that took that one..

Do we have a bet or what? If you think I'm scum, this should be a no-brainer. :D

I think someone who was so conservative as to conceal her own gender would not bet something like that on the off chance i called your bluff.

I think someone who was so conservative as to conceal her own gender would not bet something like that on the off chance i called your bluff.

FINE. You are right that I played this all wrong. Totally disappointed in myself.

So now that the madness of JVOR's wacky reveal is calming down and CTM and JIF's dirty secret is out we need to get to voting.

I had my vote on Sharrow, I took it off to see what madness was happening and feel JVOR should get another day. CTM still sucks, but not a fav of mine for scum. Maybe single win? I h8t him

Never liked the vote on I128. Though he is going to get the moniker Pac Jr i he keeps up the pitbullish behavior.

Vic is still getting stinkier by the minute but still not sold on him. For the same reason Danx is going from enigmatic to problematic for me.

vote:sharrow

Sharrow (5) -- JVoR, JiF, DanX, Integrity, Crusher

I'm really not happy with where this vote count has gone. JVoR is just not an option as far as I'm concerned right now, despite being my top choice for quite a while. And I think I've made it pretty clear before neither I28 or Sharrow were high up on my list. If its a must, I'd rather go Sharrow of the two, but I'd much prefer to go other directions.

Although now that Crusher has put Sharrow at L-1, I absolutely wouldn't hammer without a chance for him to reveal.

Sharrow (5) -- JVoR, JiF, DanX, Integrity, Crusher

@mod.. can you prod sharrow.. he was in other threads earlier

FINE. You are right that I played this all wrong. Totally disappointed in myself.

or you played it all right .. :D

barrel ass went pole smoking first.. and it wasn't a conversation with a lady you dirtbag

Really CTM? You need to go to charm school. I could consult you for a nominal fee. Couple beers and foot rub would do.

As I said earlier, his inactivity is neither here nor there for me. What I find scummy is the way he has zeroed in on one person from the beginning.

From this morning ...

I know he's claimed that he has a new approach to the game, but it just seems so un-Sharrowlike. I feel okay lynching him with the feeling that there's a decent chance he's scum. Unlike I28, where I feel there's a very high chance he's town.

I'll accept the bet. If I win you do your thing, if I lose CTM gets that random embarrassing crap done to him. Deal?

Really CTM? You need to go to charm school. I could consult you for a nominal fee. Couple beers and foot rub would do.

I'm unhappily married but faithful.. thus i have no need for this thing you call charm..

So I just re-read Sharrows defense this morning and was quite satisfied. I have no idea how what he's done is even comparable to the plethora of mistakes I28 has had.

If the townies on that train want to lynch him so be it but consider the ramifications of a bad lynch...

Hey everyone I'm back. Not happy with the BG defense of JVOR. don't like the idea of him and BG on the same team.

With that being said I am not against hammering sharrow, no offense to you brother but inactive gameplay kills me. If everyone is ok with it I would like to read back to see everything that has gone on in the time I've been away.

Archived