Final 4 and Final 8 rules will end July 22

Gotham-City-Sparky

Just got this from thejetsblog.com

Feed: thejetsblog.com

Posted on: Friday, April 09, 2010 8:03 PM

Author: E. Weeks

Subject: July Will Give Tannenbaum a Reason to Smile

I believe July 23, 2010 could be a very happy day for Mike Tannenbaum. According to Bart Hubbuch, a spokesman for the NFL confirmed that the

Just got this from thejetsblog.com

Feed: thejetsblog.com

Posted on: Friday, April 09, 2010 8:03 PM

Author: E. Weeks

Subject: July Will Give Tannenbaum a Reason to Smile

I believe July 23, 2010 could be a very happy day for Mike Tannenbaum. According to Bart Hubbuch, a spokesman for the NFL confirmed that the

I've been wondering about this all along. You knew this rule had to expire eventually, just for the possibility that it could restrict certain players from being able to sign with teams at all, depending on who's interested. Frankly, I find it a little ridiculous that its that late, but the fact that they were smart enough to know it had to expire at all is a good start I suppose.

I saw this date speculated on in a PFT article the other day, I'm glad it's true - if it's true.

Can you imagine how much tampering is going on, though? Like the Jets haven't told Mark Brunnell that if they don't sign him now, don't worry, they'll sign him in July.

Hmm... Maybe they've told Sharper the same thing.

I saw this date speculated on in a PFT article the other day, I'm glad it's true - if it's true.

Can you imagine how much tampering is going on, though? Like the Jets haven't told Mark Brunnell that if they don't sign him now, don't worry, they'll sign him in July.

Hmm... Maybe they've told Sharper the same thing.

I wouldn't count on that being the case with Sharper given that he hasn't even been brought in for a visit since Feely signed with Arizona.

As far as it being true, even if the date isn't right, there has to be some sort of time limit on when it ends. Just think if only the Jets, or even the Jets and some other final 4 team were the only ones interested in signing Brunnell. Do you really think that the NFLPA or the NFL would agree to a situation where he would essentially be forced out of the league despite there being teams who wanted him, just because of some stupid signing rules? It would never happen.

I wouldn't count on that being the case with Sharper given that he hasn't even been brought in for a visit since Feely signed with Arizona.

As far as it being true, even if the date isn't right, there has to be some sort of time limit on when it ends. Just think if only the Jets, or even the Jets and some other final 4 team were the only ones interested in signing Brunnell. Do you really think that the NFLPA or the NFL would agree to a situation where he would essentially be forced out of the league despite there being teams who wanted him, just because of some stupid signing rules? It would never happen.

Sharper just had knee surgery, and had to wait until he healed some before visiting other teams (including the Jets). The team will likely have him in for a visit when he is able to pass a physical (should be soon). However, I still believe the Saints will likely re-sign him, just not for anywhere near the $6.455 million that it would have cost them to franchise him.

Archived