Jets RB Washington will sign his tender

rick34125

Has leon said anything ? Geez give the guy a break hes been nothing but a model Citizen on this team and he deserves some damn respect.

Imagine both Leon and LT in the backfield in passing situations. Both can pick up blitzing LB's very well and it would make our offense very dangerous. Also dont forget what Leon brings to the table on Special teams.

You can bet Leon is working hard to come back from his injury and you can also bet hes going to play his ass off next year. This team currently has no glaring weaknesses sure we can probably improve in an area or two (DE/OLB) but ask yourself will you get more value from Leon next year or a 4th round pick ?? I think Ill take my chances and go with Leon.

Hey no need to harangue me, I love Leon! :)

A fourth rounder would be dirt cheap for a 100% healthy Leon Washington. Players generally completely recover from broken legs. Once it heals, it will be stronger than it was.

If I can get a Lexus for the price of a Hyundai because the Lexus needs a cheap repair that I know will restore it back to 100%, I'll buy it before driving it. ;)

Let's see what the week brings.

I have my first Lexus and the lease runs out in September. Hate the car! Don't buy one without driving it and driving it hard on some crappy streets.

Good point about the UFA thing on Leon. I still think since this is our SB run year and we may well have a lock out or a different cap scenario which probably will favor the players original team, I think we should hold onto him.

This year draft choices seem to have more relative value to players via trade. It might be the draft class depth or it could be the pending lock out next year? Tough to tell but I don't think Leon gets a 4th unless he can prove he isn't broken. A compound fracture isn't the same as a regular broken bone.

Where are all the guys that were so sure that Leon was a goner via an offer sheet because of the second round tender? Looks pretty foolish, now.

I said they gave him the second round tender specifically to attract offers, and I'll stand by that.

Let's see what this week brings. I say he's on the trading block until the fourth round of the draft is over.

What would we get? A 7th rounder? If LW hadn't been injured, we wouldn't be having this discussion. But as it stands now, no one will trade for a RB who is coming off a serious injury and not been tested...you would have to be crazy.

I hope he stays a Jet, but I won't be surprised if he gets shipped off to Pittsburgh as the "second half" of the santonio deal.

Archived