Myron Rolle

uart

I've seen him projected around the 6th round, dropping because of his academic ambition (he hopes to become a surgeon after his pro career ends) and because he spent the last year at Oxford University rather than playing Football...

BUT it would seem that he has early-round talent and is a hard-hitting safety.

Worth a later round pick?

I've seen him projected around the 6th round, dropping because of his academic ambition (he hopes to become a surgeon after his pro career ends) and because he spent the last year at Oxford University rather than playing Football...

BUT it would seem that he has early-round talent and is a hard-hitting safety.

Worth a later round pick?

Mediocre speed and questionable instincts are really what's hurting him, the Oxford stuff probably just helps his cause with a bunch of teams and will probably get him drafted earlier than he should be. A really highly regarded recruit but never played to it on the field at Florida State. Regardless, he's an athlete worth respecting and a tremendous person, whether or not he finds success in the NFL he'll be successful somewhere in life.

Actually the reason he is considered a 6th round pick is because of his play on the field. If it weren't for the Oxford scholarship you would probably hear nothing about him as a prospect.

he would have been a top 20 pick last year if he didnt do the rhodes scholarship.

he would have been a top 20 pick last year if he didnt do the rhodes scholarship.

I think that is a little bit of a stretch... as mentioned he's a phenomenal person and a very talented football player but I'm fairly certain he doesn't plan on playing football for a very long time.

No, he wouldn't have. Just isn't much of a factor on the field. You could maybe project him as a special teamer based on his size and speed, but a starting safety is a stretch.

Archived