Question for the gurus

AVM

I can see us moving up for our DE, perhaps packaging Bryan Thomas or Leon Washington in a deal. Tannenbaum was probably getting ancy in the war room tonight and will be itching to make a deal.

It just doesn't work that way. When was the last time a team traded back for incremental salaries of aging or injuried vets?

If anything, Jets could possibly move back but not up. I would bet good money they stay where they are.

It just doesn't work that way. When was the last time a team traded back for incremental salaries of aging or injuried vets?

If anything, Jets could possibly move back but not up. I would bet good money they stay where they are.

You're probably right about us not being able to deal PLAYERS, but certainly we can package picks from 2010 and/or 2011 to move up in the 2nd round. Last year, Tanny did it to move up in the THIRD round (Shonn Greene).

You're probably right about us not being able to deal PLAYERS, but certainly we can package picks from 2010 and/or 2011 to move up in the 2nd round. Last year, Tanny did it to move up in the THIRD round (Shonn Greene).

That's a good point. Would probably be the only way

I wouldn't let go of the dream at all. This year's draft is much better than last year's in the round 2-3 range, and a player who has very similar buzz coming into the draft in Jarron Gilbert fell to the top of round 3. Lots of people thought he could have snuck into round 1 but level of competition concerns caused him to fall. Another guy with great measurables and tape but you wonder about who he played...so I think it's definitely possible. Additionally, the new 3-4 teams have to be thinking about nose tackles and guys like Cody, Troup, and Cam Thomas could get looks there. Since NT is more of a premium position in a 3-4 than end you could see teams passing on Joseph for a potential NT.

If not however, a guy like Alex Carrington would not be a bad pick. One of the safeties could be very good late round 1 also, there are some potential 3-4 OLB's there, and it's quite conceivable that Tannenbaum moves up to get an early pick on day 2.

About two days ago the Rams basically moved up the entire 5th round for Adam Carriker who missed all of last season. Not common, but it does happen.

Archived