Dear Woody:

LionelRichie

please give charlie weiss a blank check to become the next head coach of the ny jets. if he wants to be GM too that is fine with me.

whatever it takes woody let charlie set his own terms, you just make it happen.

thanks

Why would ANY college coach who is good and at a major university, want to coach in pro football?

Unless they have an ego the size of Texas, it is just not a good gig.

Why would ANY college coach who is good and at a major university, want to coach in pro football?

Unless they have an ego the size of Texas, it is just not a good gig.

a better question is why would anyone from NJ who always has lived in and around big cities want to settle his family in podunk.

Charlie Weis is coaching his dream job, why would he leave?

this is what pisses me off about all the Herm Haters, you want him fired but have no better ideas.

you think you are pissed off now, see how happy you are with Jim Fassel or Gregg Williams. There's few good HC candidates out there.

this is what pisses me off about all the Herm Haters, you want him fired but have no better ideas.

you think you are pissed off now, see how happy you are with Jim Fassel or Gregg Williams. There's few good HC candidates out there.

Don't worry, with Kevin out for the year, Herm just got two more years on his life ticket.

BZ

How about Bob Stoops

These people are GODS on the college campuses that work at. There is no big time press hammering them all the time. They are actually able to have lives, outside of the jobs that they keep. They are not dealing with spoiled, multi-million dollar problems.

Granted, there are some coaches that aspire to be in the NFL. Far few, that are in the college ranks.

Look at where defections have been in recent years-From the Pros to the colleges.

Who was the last good one to come from college? Was it Coughlin? The jury is still out on Saban.

Getting coaches from college is not as fertile as it once was.

hey bit, relax I didn't even give him my fax # man & truth be known I don't think he even wrote the letter.

are we required to do feasibility studies on a wishful thinking post?

I am not a herm basher & charlie is the only guy that comes to mind right now to replace herm.

a lotta bad has happened to us fans recently , can't we even dream for a day?

Bit - i am not a herm-hater. in fact, if you look back at all my posts i have consistently been a herm supporter; however, i quit on herm when he quit on the team - against baltimore with that pathetic gameplan of punts, punts, and more punts.

against buffalo the jets had yet another chance to turn the season around. you'd think they would have at least been prepared to stop the run, right? instead they let the bills run up and down the field all day.

i am not 'hating on herm' without a better coach in mind. i have a better coach in mind, his name is charlie weiss. dream job or not, i would like to see woody put a blank check in front of weiss and at least make the offer. if charlie turns him down then move on and find another good candidate. herm must go, so let's start the search as soon as possible

No problem bit. its understandable with the likes of asomof giving you grief.

I don't wanna see herm fired for another mediocre coach. with the salary cap & all creating such an even playing field, Top Notch coach is essential!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

easier said than done in getting one though

i have a better coach in mind, his name is charlie weiss. dream job or not, i would like to see woody put a blank check in front of weiss and at least make the offer.

we've heard the "blank check" theory before - notable GJ&H with bob stoops it's just not happening. No owner is giving an unproven NFL HC a blank check. You give Parcells or Bellichek a blank check that's one thing. Giving Weiss (or Stoops or Ferentz) a blank check that's foolishness.

Remember when that fat bastard Dan Snyder gave Spurrier a blank check to leave Florida? that's how college geniuses translate. He followed that up with giving a blank check to Joe Gibbs hey at least he's HOF caliber.

Don't get me wrong Charlie Weiss is a very good coach with NFL experience and rings but the fact remains he has never been an NFL HC - you don't give blank checks to guys that have never held the position before.

Also there's no guaruntee that changing the CS will change the outlook of the team. Going from one mediocre option to another, I don't see the point in that.

we've heard the "blank check" theory before - notable GJ&H with bob stoops it's just not happening. No owner is giving an unproven NFL HC a blank check. You give Parcells or Bellichek a blank check that's one thing. Giving Weiss (or Stoops or Ferentz) a blank check that's foolishness.

Remember when that fat bastard Dan Snyder gave Spurrier a blank check to leave Florida? that's how college geniuses translate. He followed that up with giving a blank check to Joe Gibbs hey at least he's HOF caliber.

Don't get me wrong Charlie Weiss is a very good coach with NFL experience and rings but the fact remains he has never been an NFL HC - you don't give blank checks to guys that have never held the position before.

Also there's no guaruntee that changing the CS will change the outlook of the team. Going from one mediocre option to another, I don't see the point in that.

that is a chance i would be willing to take. if i owned the jets i would bet my $$ that Weiss is a better coach than herm. his success at ND in 1 season just shows how good he can be, but the man has performed at the NFL level for years.

the comparison to spurrier is kind of foolish. i could maybe understand a comparison to saban, but even that is a stretch.

I agree with you fo. imo weiss is not a gamble as a top teir nfl coach & should be compared to no college coach who has not yet sniffed the nfl.

u r kiddin,,why would someone give up a premier job like ND HC where he can be a legend to come to the Jets, or any NFL team. He has the JOB.

at ND he can mold his teams and get kids to play his system and do what he says. In the NFL u get stuck with turds like Abraham who dictate your future.

Don't agree with Bit that there won't be preferable alternatives to the MAster Motivator.

But Weis has his dream job right now, and Jimmy Johnson isn't taking this job except for the paycheck.

There will be others who will fit-Henning, Kubiak, Childress, Hendu...

Don't agree with Bit that there won't be preferable alternatives to the MAster Motivator.

But Weis has his dream job right now, and Jimmy Johnson isn't taking this job except for the paycheck.

There will be others who will fit-Henning, Kubiak, Childress, Hendu...

A real darkhorse is my man, Chuck Bresnahan the DC of the Cincinatti Bengals who are just forcing turnovers at will. He was also the Dc of the Raiders for 3 division winning teams.

Him Al Saunders, Brad Childress, Kubiak, or Henning would be a great replacment for Herm.

Archived