Mets CEO talks to Islanders about arena near park

JetNation

I heard that the Islanders are going to build a new arena on Fire Island, so that their fan base can be closer to the team.

That's funny, coming from a fan of a team that has collectively been the biggest collection of (very talented) pansies for the past decade.

Dead last in team fighting majors for 8 of the past 10 years, with the other two years being next-to-last.

The Islanders might suck, but at least they're not comprised almost entirely of visor-wearing, purse-swinging, Euro-femmes. I liked Brad May 10 years ago, but c'mon...

That's funny, coming from a fan of a team that has collectively been the biggest collection of (very talented) pansies for the past decade.

Dead last in team fighting majors for 8 of the past 10 years, with the other two years being next-to-last.

The Islanders might suck, but at least they're not comprised almost entirely of visor-wearing, purse-swinging, Euro-femmes. I liked Brad May 10 years ago, but c'mon...

If there was a Stanley Cup of Fighting, you guys would be a dynasty.

The Red Wings must not have gotten the memo about being that low on the fighting tally board. Perhaps they were still drunk from their latest Stanley Cup Championship.

Detroit%20Red%20Wings%20CUP.jpg

The Red Wings must not have gotten the memo about being that low on the fighting tally board. Perhaps they were still drunk from their latest Stanley Cup Championship.

Detroit%20Red%20Wings%20CUP.jpg

Hey Now! We we're dynasty.

7 years before I was born:1cry:

But in all seriousness, this would be choice B for me. Would love for them to stay right we're they are, 10 minutes from my house. And I realize everything is 10 minutes away according to LIers, but for real its 10 minutes - maybe less if I break some laws.

IF this were to go down, I do see the potential for some good things to come out of it. Being carried by SNY would be real nice. Its pretty embarrassing watching the Islanders on the channel that usually gives TV listings because both the Rangers and Devils are playing at the same time.

If you read my post, I credited them with being a very talented franchise. I just thought it was amusing that you were trying to make a joke about masculinity when you root for the biggest collection of ice dancers in the league.

And yes, the players must have all been wrecked on White Zinfandel from their latest triumph...

Speaking of Islanders being relevant.

What was it like during their run - JohnnyHector/JonE/other Isles fans? I was actually looking for a documentary or some sort of DVD about their dynasty the other day on Amazon and couldn't find anything. The only thing they have is a collection of their greatest games. Which is a shame, I mean they won 4 in a row, I would love to see what it was like at the Coliseum and hear people talk about it - not just game film.

Speaking of Islanders being relevant.

What was it like during their run - JohnnyHector/JonE/other Isles fans? I was actually looking for a documentary or some sort of DVD about their dynasty the other day on Amazon and couldn't find anything. The only thing they have is a collection of their greatest games. Which is a shame, I mean they won 4 in a row, I would love to see what it was like at the Coliseum and hear people talk about it - not just game film.

What a run it was

I would take all day, but the nucleus of Potvin, Trottier, Gillies, Bossy, Bourne, Jonsson, Nystrom, Morrow, Merrick, Kallur, Tonelli , Sutter with additions of Goring, Billy Smith and even Chico Resch was the guy for a season

Those days the Isles Rangers rivalry was at an all time high...My hair on my arm stands up as I type it

Went to 2 parades

Great times

What a run it was

I would take all day, but the nucleus of Potvin, Trottier, Gillies, Bossy, Bourne, Jonsson, Nystrom, Morrow, Merrick, Kallur, Tonelli , Sutter with additions of Goring, Billy Smith and even Chico Resch was the guy for a season

Those days the Isles Rangers rivalry was at an all time high...My hair on my arm stands up as I type it

Went to 2 parades

Great times

Where were they? Manhattan? Or Hempstead Turnpike? Haha

Turnpike, ended up at the Coliseum

My Mom dropped me and a few friends off, and she picked us up at the Wendy's accros the street

Simple times I guess

It was on the Turnpike, thats awesome. Thats exactly where I'd want it.

Archived