Coach Ryan Press Conference 6/3/10

Bruce Banner

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/multimedia/video/2203-6-3-10-coach-ryan-press-conference

As usual Rex gave an interesting press conference but it wasn't an Emmy winner this time. Some highlights:

- defense is much better than the offense, yesterday the offense went 3-and-out 6 times. Seemed a little depressed when talking about the offense and admitted they needed to improve. Did say they were better today than yesterday but did not elaborate

- Bart Scott practiced with punt coverage team. Said starters will be used on STs more this year. Mentioned Jason Taylor as someone who will get time on STs.

- More Wildcat this year.

- will use Brad Smith as a runner and passer more this year.

- Ducasse still making rookie mistakes, has not run away with the position battle with Matt Slauson.

- LT got a Jets tattoo to go with his Chargers tat. Big news.

- Pool was put on second team defense to get him away from Leonhard. Was relying on Leonhard for guidance too much, want Pool to be independent. Said Pool has bright future with the team.

- wasn't angry about Revis not being there.

- Sanchez injury recovery going well

As usual, no praise for Schotty. "Westie" walks on water and he even talked up Cavanaugh, but no praise for Schotty that I could remember. The Schotty Death Watch continues. Rex is not happy about the offense.

- Sanchez injury recovery going well

As usual, no praise for Schotty. "Westie" walks on water and he even talked up Cavanaugh, but no praise for Schotty that I could remember. The Schotty Death Watch continues. Rex is not happy about the offense.

I think the problem was probably more that Kellen Clemens was running the first team offense against the best defense in football more than anything else.

I think the problem was probably more that Kellen Clemens was running the first team offense against the best defense in football more than anything else.

Agreed. Kellen Clemens, if cut, may be UFL bound.

I thought about that but not having Revis should balance that out. And isn't Jenkins still being kept out?

I thought about that but not having Revis should balance that out. And isn't Jenkins still being kept out?

No No No No No.

Having Clemens at QB mades nickel backs look like Revis. Not having Revis doesn't even it out.

No No No No No.

Having Clemens at QB mades nickel backs look like Revis. Not having Revis doesn't even it out.

Like when Leigh Bodden got 3 INTs in one game against Sanchez? The difference between MS and KC doesn't make up for not having Revis and Jenkins.

Archived