Minor League Baseball

Gainzo

How many of you guys make the trek to a minor league game each summer?

I met up with Lil Bit Special on Saturday to watch the Single A Lowell Spinners (Red Sox affiliate) play the Aberdeen IronBirds (Orioles affiliate).

With the temps hovering in the low 90's we were lucky the game started at 5:05.

We started the day around 2:30 at this fine establishment.

BeerWorks.jpg

Around 5:00 we made the 3 minute walk over to the UMass-Lowell Campus and LeLacheur Park.

UMLSign.jpg

At 5:10 it was still hot as hell as we settled into our seats:

Infield2.jpg

The Spinners blew a 2 run 9th inning lead and lost in 13th innings. Not that anyone gave a crap as it was a good day!

Would love to see people post pictures of their trips to minor league ballparks in this thread.

When I was a kid, we had an A-league Yankees affiliate nearby in Oneonta. I went all the time. Later, that scumbag Rudolph Giuliani pressured Steinbrenner to move the team to Staten Island and we ended up with a Tigers affiliate. They were there until last year and then moved to Norfolk. Now, there's something called the New York Collegiate Baseball League. A little TOO minor for me to bother. Might go up to Syracuse for the AAA Chiefs or to Scranton for the AAA Yankees. A trip to Binghamton for the AA Mets is a real possibility.

I'm done rambling. Glad you had a good time.

I have the Charlotte Knights (AAA) for the White Sox about 15 minutes from where I live.

I have gone to two games so far so this year. Once against Scranton-Wilkes Barre and the other against Norfolk.

For the price ($13.00) for field level seats you cannot beat the price. They have fireworks after every Saturday night home game, Kids get to run the bases after the Sunday games.

Their 4th of July celebration drew about 13,000. Probably more than the Pirates.

They really go out of their way to make the experience at the ballpark an enjoyable one.

How many of you guys make the trek to a minor league game each summer?

I met up with Lil Bit Special on Saturday to watch the Single A Lowell Spinners (Red Sox affiliate) play the Aberdeen IronBirds (Orioles affiliate).

How long have you guys been going out?

Around 5:00 we made the 3 minute walk over to the UMass-Lowell Campus and LeLacheur Park.

Technically Lil Bit rode his Segway.

Also do you have any pictures of him sleeping? Those are always a riot. :-P

How long have you guys been going out?

Technically Lil Bit rode his Segway.

Also do you have any pictures of him sleeping? Those are always a riot. :-P

We have been going steady for a couple of years now although he never sleeps on the couch if you know what I mean. Just don't tell our girlfriends :lol:

Seriously, you must have taken the kids to a few minor league games. They are easy on the wallet and a good time.

Archived