Best in the Biz: Top 5 NFL Coaches

stoicsentry

Did you even bother to read the article?

A guy who has never been a head coach in the NFL was voted 5th best NFL coach.

Note "coach" as opposed to "head coach."

I did.

Are you saying if the Jets went 4-12 instead of 9-7 he would be #4? I doubt it.

The Ravens D was just as effective without Rex and Bart.

I am not saying he is not a good coach. He is, but putting him number 4 is premature.

I did.

Are you saying if the Jets went 4-12 instead of 9-7 he would be #4? I doubt it.

No, and if Sean Payton went 6-10 obviously that would remove him from the running as well. The AFC championship appearance in his first season with the team didn't create Rex's cred, it built upon it.

I notice how you say 9-7, rather than mention two playoff road wins in addition to that.

The Ravens D was just as effective without Rex and Bart.

The Patriots went 11-5 without Tom Brady. Does that mean Tom Brady did not contribute to their success? No way.

I did.

You did not read it. If you did, you would not have written, "Based on 1 season? :rolleyes:"

Ryan's 11-win season with the Jets in 2009 assuredly got him into the top 5 here, but if this list was only about head coaching, then Ryan's lone season as a head coach would not have put him on this list.

No, and if Sean Payton went 6-10 obviously that would remove him from the running as well. The AFC championship appearance in his first season with the team didn't create Rex's cred, it built upon it.

I notice how you say 9-7, rather than mention two playoff road wins in addition to that.

The Patriots went 11-5 without Tom Brady. Does that mean Tom Brady did not contribute to their success? No way.

Should I have mentioned that all the Rex ball washing would be non-existent if the Jets did not have two teams lay down and allow them in the playoffs?

You did not read it. If you did, you would not have written, "Based on 1 season? :rolleyes:"

Ryan's 11-win season with the Jets in 2009 assuredly got him into the top 5 here, but if this list was only about head coaching, then Ryan's lone season as a head coach would not have put him on this list.

It did though. Did he invent some form of new 3-4 while a Raven DL and DC coach? No. He had success there, but their D was good prior to him becoming DC and has maintained since he left.

Again, I am not saying he is not good, but his listing at 4 is a result of last year.

Should I have mentioned that all the Rex ball washing would be non-existent if the Jets did not have two teams lay down and allow them in the playoffs?

One team. The Colts.

In Week 17, the Bengals got trounced with their regulars on the field. The coaching staff eventually took out most of the starters once the Bengals were down big because it was not a must win for them.

It did though. Did he invent some form of new 3-4 while a Raven DL and DC coach? No.

Nobody's invented anything new in the NFL for a long time now.

Archived