Marshall Faulk and Warren Sapp on Mevi$

JiFtheOracle

yeah... and belichick was a mastermind who could put used parts at CB and still field a dominant pass defense. HA

Rex had a ton of great players in baltimore and he had revis here. Coaches can only do so much

Don't get me wrong, I like rex a lot, but Revis is a huge chunk of what made our defense last year.

Oh, and rex's first year as DC, read and weep..

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef2005

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?season=2005&seasonType=REG&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&d-447263-o=1&conference=ALL&tabSeq=2&role=OPP&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=TOTAL_POINTS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-n=1

You do realize you contradicted yourself here, right?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Jets defense can be great without Revis. But they can be an all-time defense with him.

I have no doubt that Cro will have a big comeback year being back in a man scheme. However, how much bigger will that year be if he is covering number twos every week while Revis is covering the ones?

Having Revis, Cro and Wilson gives Rex so much flexibility its ridiculous. We're gonna be seeing a lot of bleary-eyed HCs and OCs this year as they are not going to be getting much sleep while preparing to play the Jets.

I agree. It would be all time with him. But he's not here and we will be damn good without. Top 5. I like noodlehippiegheynerd's money.

I just realized the it must kill CTM to now have a nickname that incorporates noodle into it. hahahahahahahaaha!!!!

With a much improved Offense and an improved Passrush, the CBs should look excellent. Nothing helps CB play like a passrush. I trust that REX will get where he wants to go with or without MEVI$. No man is an Island! He can not stand alone. The guy seems to want to divide our lockerroom but REX will not allow it to happen nor will the players bite into it. If WILSON & CRO prove to be an excellent pairing, Mevi$ can go scratch his arse! IMO CRO & KYLE are going to be very good together.

Archived