Marshall Faulk and Warren Sapp on Mevi$

JustInFudge

- The defense will be just fine, Rex has never been worse than 6th in the league missing Ray Lewis and Ed Reed at the same time one season.

- If Cro can return to normal, and Wilson is not a liability...the defense can continue to do what they are doing.

- One man does not make a defense, you have 11 guys.

- Its about the system, leave it to Rex, you just have to know your role.

- The Jets management cant hurt their team in the long run.

- One man cant hold the team hostage.

- If I'm Mevi$, I want to be with my family because thats my passion.

- Mevi$ will be home wondering what did I do if Wilson and Cro tear it up.

Interesting perspective from a couple of HOF players. Kinda sounds familiar, no?

I'll bet we aren't top 5 defense without revis, unless the kid is a baller

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chad gave up part of his own slary to get his friend Coles re-signed. That was class. He got dumped for Brett Favre and never said a negative word--even though he was no longer beholden to the Jets. That's class. Say what you will about his arm. The guy had class. Revis has shown, by playing possum in practice and lying to his coach about phantom injuries and making Rex look like a fool, that he has no class. The guy has started reading his own press, and as such he's been corrupted.

I can't disagree with a word you just said.

What others don't understand is that during Chad's tenure, our offensive line was, well, offensive. If you had placed Tom Brady behind some of those lines and had put Chad on the Patriots, we might be discussing how Tom Brady is the back up for the phish.

It's funny how people hated on Lebron-Wade-Bosh for all signing contracts that were up at the same time and taking less money than they otherwise could have to build a super team, where they had each other's backs.

Then you compare that to Revis, who just wants the money, and claims to care about the team, but won't even be there.

I really think the sports watching public is really stupid at times. I'd rather have the players that want to be on a team together and win so bad that they all sign at the same time and sign the same contracts.

Strangely, we might find ourselves depending heavily on the play of Jason Taylor and Vernon Gholston if we're Revis-less next season.

We need to be able to generate a pass-rush without having to use exotic blitzes all the time. Vernon at the point of attack and Taylor in rotational pass-rushing situations will be crucial.

What a bizzaro world it would be if Gholston becomes the crux of the defense while Doo Doo Rell Mevis sits home on his couch playing with himself on Madden. Gholston Jersey sales boom as Mevis jerseys burn on Time Square. What? Crusher have a freaking doguhnut obviously you gots the low blood sugar.

What a bizzaro world it would be if Gholston becomes the crux of the defense while Doo Doo Rell Mevis sits home on his couch playing with himself on Madden. Gholston Jersey sales boom as Mevis jerseys burn on Time Square. What? Crusher have a freaking doguhnut obviously you gots the low blood sugar.

Bryan Thomas turned it around so stranger things have happened.

If that happened, I think the Jets FO would just laugh at Mevis, because everybody would rather have an elite pass rusher than an elite CB. Right now, if Dallas offered Ware for Mevis straight up, the Jets would fly down to Dallas even before Jones could get off the phone.

But I don't think Gholston will suddenly morph into an NFL player. So that's just silly.

I do think however Cro and Wilson could fill in for Revis. There is a possibility that Revis is overrated because he plays in NY after all.

If that happened, I think the Jets FO would just laugh at Mevis, because everybody would rather have an elite pass rusher than an elite CB. Right now, if Dallas offered Ware for Mevis straight up, the Jets would fly down to Dallas even before Jones could get off the phone.

But I don't think Gholston will suddenly morph into an NFL player. So that's just silly.

I do think however Cro and Wilson could fill in for Revis. There is a possibility that Revis is overrated because he plays in NY after all.

Obviously Vernon is not going to all of the sudden get his hand back on the ground and start dogging tackles like they have a peg leg. But, if he could at lest get some pressure it will make Cro and Wlson look a hell of alot better than if the QB has enough time to crank one out before finding a reciever.

Obviously Vernon is not going to all of the sudden get his hand back on the ground and start dogging tackles like they have a peg leg. But, if he could at lest get some pressure it will make Cro and Wlson look a hell of alot better than if the QB has enough time to crank one out before finding a reciever.

L<3VE you mt. So smart. The thing is, even though the Jets didnt put up huge sacks numbers, their pass rush was effective. Rex's whole defense is revolved around making QB's make fast decisions forcing them to get rid of the ball quickly, while baiting them with his corners.

He's going to still be able to do that with Cro. And it is a major reason why Mevi$ was so amazing last year.

L<3VE you mt. So smart. The thing is, even though the Jets didnt put up huge sacks numbers, their pass rush was effective. Rex's whole defense is revolved around making QB's make fast decisions forcing them to get rid of the ball quickly, while baiting them with his corners.

He's going to still be able to do that with Cro. And it is a major reason why Mevi$ was so amazing last year.

Agreed Sweet Bup-z. Unfortunately the QB by the name of Peyton needs more than pressure to play poorly, he needs to get his dick knocked in the mud. His release quick decision making crushed us in the AFC Championship last year. To get to the Bowl we have to knock Peyton the fick down.

Agreed Sweet Bup-z. Unfortunately the QB by the name of Peyton needs more than pressure to play poorly, he needs to get his dick knocked in the mud. His release quick decision making crushed us in the AFC Championship last year. To get to the Bowl we have to knock Peyton the fick down.

And we will!

The guy was playing lights out...no doubt. But we were disrupting the leagues best passers every single week last season. We just caught an all time great doing his thing, IMO.

I think we would have seen a different outcome with a healthy Greene and Strickland.

That will be the first time in Rex's coaching career then.

yeah... and belichick was a mastermind who could put used parts at CB and still field a dominant pass defense. HA

Rex had a ton of great players in baltimore and he had revis here. Coaches can only do so much

Don't get me wrong, I like rex a lot, but Revis is a huge chunk of what made our defense last year.

Oh, and rex's first year as DC, read and weep..

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef2005

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?season=2005&seasonType=REG&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&d-447263-o=1&conference=ALL&tabSeq=2&role=OPP&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=TOTAL_POINTS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-n=1

To be honest with you, we don't NEED him. We'll still have a Top 5 defense. F*** Darrelle Revis.

Back to Ghost?

yeah... and belichick was a mastermind who could put used parts at CB and still field a dominant pass defense. HA

Rex had a ton of great players in baltimore and he had revis here. Coaches can only do so much

Don't get me wrong, I like rex a lot, but Revis is a huge chunk of what made our defense last year.

Oh, and rex's first year as DC, read and weep..

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef2005

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?season=2005&seasonType=REG&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&d-447263-o=1&conference=ALL&tabSeq=2&role=OPP&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=TOTAL_POINTS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-n=1

Why would I be weep over Rex coaching a top 10 defense in his first season as DC? Thats not bad. He's been lights out since.

Mevi$ was a huge chunk and he was also the only CB worth a damn. Thats not the case any more. Me thinks Rex putting Cro back into man vs. man is the best thing that could happen to Cro. Rex will make him look great, just like he made Mevi$ look great. Rex will coach up Wilson too, its just a shame we dont have all 3 pushing/coaching each other.

We wouldnt have been top 5 without Revis last year, but we can without him this year because of the new parts, Cro, Wilson, JTgheyhomo, Jenkins, Poole. And it doesnt hurt that the rest of the D is now 2 years into the system.

The Jets can be great without Mevi$. Top 5. I like your gheynoodlehippienerd money.

On a different message board someone said Revis prolly planned this holdout years ago and prolly put the effort in to have a great third season just to win big when he held out.

hahahahahahaha

Then why was he out training in Phoenix — the same place he trained prior to the 2009 season — back in June?

Back to Ghost?

Why would I be weep over Rex coaching a top 10 defense in his first season as DC? Thats not bad. He's been lights out since.

Mevi$ was a huge chunk and he was also the only CB worth a damn. Thats not the case any more. Me thinks Rex putting Cro back into man vs. man is the best thing that could happen to Cro. Rex will make him look great, just like he made Mevi$ look great. Rex will coach up Wilson too, its just a shame we dont have all 3 pushing/coaching each other.

We wouldnt have been top 5 without Revis last year, but we can without him this year because of the new parts, Cro, Wilson, JTgheyhomo, Jenkins, Poole. And it doesnt hurt that the rest of the D is now 2 years into the system.

The Jets can be great without Mevi$. Top 5. I like your gheynoodlehippienerd money.

BACK! Watch out for Vernon this year! : )

Hey knucklehead... the "weep" line was in reference to SMC being wrong that Rex never coached a defense ranked below 5..

I recall no such thing happening. I remember him saying to the media he would but it never happened and he surely knew the team would never do that. Clowney, by the way, has also made this offer to Revis. It's as realistic as when Pennington said it.

Zero dollars went from Pennington-salary to Coles-salary. It never happened. If that's what Pennington was all about he still would have written a check to Coles after the Jets signed him. Of course this never happened either.

Seriously? do better spermy. He said he'd give up pay to keep him on the team. The JETS team. It had nothing to do with charity. And Clowney was kidding. You and i and everyone else knows that. And for the record--Clowney deserves more respect, and has more class than Revis--or was Revis in a third-world country helping the destitute while pulling league minimum last year? More class by a mile. And you didn't repond to the fact that Revis is classless and proved it with his faking of injury and making his head coach (and biggest supporter) look foolish. Chad had more class. Still does, even in a ghey uniform.

Seriously? do better spermy. He said he'd give up pay to keep him on the team. The JETS team. It had nothing to do with charity. And Clowney was kidding. You and i and everyone else knows that. And for the record--Clowney deserves more respect, and has more class than Revis--or was Revis in a third-world country helping the destitute while pulling league minimum last year? More class by a mile. And you didn't repond to the fact that Revis is classless and proved it with his faking of injury and making his head coach (and biggest supporter) look foolish. Chad had more class. Still does, even in a ghey uniform.

1. You said Chad gave up part of his own salary to get Coles here. That is a false statement -- he did nothing of the sort. All he did was offer, knowing full well the team would never take him up on it in a hundred years. It was as likely to happen as Clowney's offer. I was responding to that, not the presence or absence of class on Pennington's part. Pennington never held out, but then he never had to. He had over a $5M salary in a less-than-great 2003 when he missed 7 starts, and then in response the Jets gave him a contract with an $18M signing bonus when the NFL salary cap was only $80M. It is not comparable to Revis making $1M this season after a short career that has had only improvement from year to year (in both health and performance).

2. I've responded only a dozen times about Revis faking his injury and how I wouldn't give him a significant SB because he cannot be trusted. He'll just hold out again in 3 years.

I personally think Revis has lost a lot of ground the past 2 days with the general public. Give it a week and he'll probably start second guessing his agent. I think he'll be here Week 1.

I think his agents screwed the pooch by using terms like "blatant liars." Especially since Revis wasn't around to confirm it. it does not do well to start sounding like Drew Rosenhaus.

1. You said Chad gave up part of his own salary to get Coles here. That is a false statement -- he did nothing of the sort. All he did was offer, knowing full well the team would never take him up on it in a hundred years. It was as likely to happen as Clowney's offer. I was responding to that, not the presence or absence of class on Pennington's part. Pennington never held out, but then he never had to. He had over a $5M salary in a less-than-great 2003 when he missed 7 starts, and then in response the Jets gave him a contract with an $18M signing bonus when the NFL salary cap was only $80M. It is not comparable to Revis making $1M this season after a short career that has had only improvement from year to year (in both health and performance).

2. I've responded only a dozen times about Revis faking his injury and how I wouldn't give him a significant SB because he cannot be trusted. He'll just hold out again in 3 years.

1. OK fair enough--but the point was missed and the post challenged on technicality. He offered, but his offer did not result in an exchange of funds. Clowney was kidding. He doesn't make any money.

2. The post was in response to the thread questioning players with class versus Revis--who has not shown class. Needing more money than Aso just because he wants to stroke his ego and "prove by contract" that he is better, is childish. Aso plays for the Raiders--the most poorly run franchise in the league for a decade or more. This was the point. We agree on the point, I believe. So the correction on the pennington offer wasn't really necessary considering you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone who thinks Penny is selfish, childish or anything other than a professional, who, though his arm is held together by bubble gum and bailing wire handles himself with class.

1. OK fair enough--but the point was missed and the post challenged on technicality. He offered, but his offer did not result in an exchange of funds. Clowney was kidding. He doesn't make any money.

2. The post was in response to the thread questioning players with class versus Revis--who has not shown class. Needing more money than Aso just because he wants to stroke his ego and "prove by contract" that he is better, is childish. Aso plays for the Raiders--the most poorly run franchise in the league for a decade or more. This was the point. We agree on the point, I believe. So the correction on the pennington offer wasn't really necessary considering you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone who thinks Penny is selfish, childish or anything other than a professional, who, though his arm is held together by bubble gum and bailing wire handles himself with class.

I accept your apology. wink.gif

Back to Ghost?

The Jets defense can be great without Revis. But they can be an all-time defense with him.

I have no doubt that Cro will have a big comeback year being back in a man scheme. However, how much bigger will that year be if he is covering number twos every week while Revis is covering the ones?

Having Revis, Cro and Wilson gives Rex so much flexibility its ridiculous. We're gonna be seeing a lot of bleary-eyed HCs and OCs this year as they are not going to be getting much sleep while preparing to play the Jets.

Archived