Marshall Faulk and Warren Sapp on Mevi$

JustInFudge

- The defense will be just fine, Rex has never been worse than 6th in the league missing Ray Lewis and Ed Reed at the same time one season.

- If Cro can return to normal, and Wilson is not a liability...the defense can continue to do what they are doing.

- One man does not make a defense, you have 11 guys.

- Its about the system, leave it to Rex, you just have to know your role.

- The Jets management cant hurt their team in the long run.

- One man cant hold the team hostage.

- If I'm Mevi$, I want to be with my family because thats my passion.

- Mevi$ will be home wondering what did I do if Wilson and Cro tear it up.

Interesting perspective from a couple of HOF players. Kinda sounds familiar, no?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

- The defense will be just fine, Rex has never been worse than 6th in the league missing Ray Lewis and Ed Reed at the same time one season.

- If Cro can return to normal, and Wilson is not a liability...the defense can continue to do what they are doing.

Interesting perspective from a couple of HOF players. Kinda sounds familiar, no?

Coming from two former players. Nice.

Strangely, we might find ourselves depending heavily on the play of Jason Taylor and Vernon Gholston if we're Revis-less next season.

We need to be able to generate a pass-rush without having to use exotic blitzes all the time. Vernon at the point of attack and Taylor in rotational pass-rushing situations will be crucial.

I personally think Revis has lost a lot of ground the past 2 days with the general public. Give it a week and he'll probably start second guessing his agent. I think he'll be here Week 1.

Especially when Cro and Wilson show that we already have two shut down corners. Book it!

If we are forced to go into the season without Revis, this is obviously the ideal outcome.

But I'm not buying it. Sorry.

Especially when Cro and Wilson show that we already have two shut down corners. Book it!

LOL, I hope your right.

If Wilson can put together a rookie year similar to Revis' I think we'll be alright. And yes I realize thats asking a lot. He's gonna get picked on, so as long as he doesn't become a liability we'll be just fine with Cro and Wilson.

Coming from two former players. Nice.

HOF players none the less. 2 guys who were the best at their position at some point in their career.

I personally think Revis has lost a lot of ground the past 2 days with the general public. Give it a week and he'll probably start second guessing his agent. I think he'll be here Week 1.

Me too. Especially since its public knowledge that he didnt want Woody and Rex at the recent contract meeting. Also, that Tanny is more than happy to give him guaranteed money, its about the over all compensation package which according to Mevi$ is 1 more dollar than Aso, which is just stupid. Like the 2 HOF'ers were saying.

Even if he doesnt show...I agree with them. We will be fine without him. I'm actually very partial to the idea of him watching the Jets win their first SB in 40 years without his all world talents.

If we are forced to go into the season without Revis, this is obviously the ideal outcome.

But I'm not buying it. Sorry.

You dont have to buy it. I just always find the perspective of great players to be interesting since they know more than we do about these things, so I thought I'd share.

There's no doubt in my mind our D can be seriously good even without Revis. But I don't think it will be good enough to compensate for the mistakes of Sanchez and the offense like it did last season. I hope he's ready to win us some games on his own if we're going to win a title without Revis.

There's no doubt in my mind our D can be seriously good even without Revis. But I don't think it will be good enough to compensate for the mistakes of Sanchez and the offense like it did last season. I hope he's ready to win us some games on his own if we're going to win a title without Revis.

We upgraded on offense we should average a couple more points a game., we just gotta hope Mark keeps his mistakes to a minimum.

We upgraded on offense we should average a couple more points a game., we just gotta hope Mark keeps his mistakes to a minimum.

Definitely true, but we play probably our 3 most crucial games before Santonio Holmes is even available to Sanchez. He's gonna have to do a lot on his own, more than simply avoiding mistakes.

Definitely true, but we play probably our 3 most crucial games before Santonio Holmes is even available to Sanchez. He's gonna have to do a lot on his own, more than simply avoiding mistakes.

We won without Holmes last year, we won without Big Jenk, we won without Pace, we won without Sanchez.

This team knows how to pick it up when people go down with injury or out for other reasons.

We are going to make the playoffs and go deep. The probably is going to be when we face the Colts again. We got Cro because we needed two db's that can play. We are back to one. Does that mean I want to give Revis the world. NO!!!! So, lets find another CB just in case the diva doesn't come back.

Classy players don't grow on trees. This is why I wish I could reach through the computer screen and punch every Pennington hater out there. When you get a classy player appreciate it. For three years Revis looked like he would be one, but now he's loco.

Only good thing to come from this is now I don't have hear people call him Jesus. That was gross.

Classy players don't grow on trees. This is why I wish I could reach through the computer screen and punch every Pennington hater out there. When you get a classy player appreciate it. For three years Revis looked like he would be one, but now he's loco.

Only good thing to come from this is now I don't have hear people call him Jesus. That was gross.

LOL

Pennington forced Bradway's hand to give him a $65 million contract extension off of 12 NFL starts. Pennington got paid. Chad could be a classy guy, but money has absolutely nothing to do with class.

Coming from a couple players...nice.

I heard Champ Bailey, a 9 time probowler say some different things today on NFL Live with Brian Dawkins co-signing.

Revis looks up to Sean Gilbert, no doubt uncle Gilbert has taught Revis well. But Revis needs to understand that even mentors or teachers can lead you astray. Revis needs to be his own man about this. When be realizes this he will then realize the huge embarrassing mistake he made. We should find some Panther fans and see what they think about Sean Gilbert!

Semper Fi (Revis doesn't know what that means)

LOL

Pennington forced Bradway's hand to give him a $65 million contract extension off of 12 NFL starts. Pennington got paid. Chad could be a classy guy, but money has absolutely nothing to do with class.

Chad gave up part of his own slary to get his friend Coles re-signed. That was class. He got dumped for Brett Favre and never said a negative word--even though he was no longer beholden to the Jets. That's class. Say what you will about his arm. The guy had class. Revis has shown, by playing possum in practice and lying to his coach about phantom injuries and making Rex look like a fool, that he has no class. The guy has started reading his own press, and as such he's been corrupted.

people want to think we will be just fine without Revis. when the truth is we will not be nearly as good as last year on D without him. He shuts down half the field and most people think a rookie and a guy coming off an awful year will fill in for him just nicely. No. We need him. I pray everyday that a deal gets done and he get's his a$$ into camp.

Chad gave up part of his own slary to get his friend Coles re-signed. That was class. He got dumped for Brett Favre and never said a negative word--even though he was no longer beholden to the Jets. That's class. Say what you will about his arm. The guy had class. Revis has shown, by playing possum in practice and lying to his coach about phantom injuries and making Rex look like a fool, that he has no class. The guy has started reading his own press, and as such he's been corrupted.

I recall no such thing happening. I remember him saying to the media he would but it never happened and he surely knew the team would never do that. Clowney, by the way, has also made this offer to Revis. It's as realistic as when Pennington said it.

Zero dollars went from Pennington-salary to Coles-salary. It never happened. If that's what Pennington was all about he still would have written a check to Coles after the Jets signed him. Of course this never happened either.

This is the advice he would have gotten from HOF players... had he asked.

Instead, he turned to Sean Gilbert for guidance.

What a dummy.

All that said, I still think A LOT of this PR mess was conjured up specifically to generate interest for the upcoming season of Hard Knocks. Sanchez and Revis are the 2 highest-profile players on the team. Sanchez in year 2 was not a situation conducive to generating drama and intrigue for the show... Revis' situation was just that. Perfect for promoting the show...

couple of big ifs... who is the #3 in this scenario, Lowery?

Marquise Cole, based on Rex's latest interview. Lowery will behave more or less like a jack-of-all-trades next season. Sometimes he'll be in the nickle, sometimes a safety, sometimes he'll be blitzing.

Strangely, we might find ourselves depending heavily on the play of Jason Taylor and Vernon Gholston if we're Revis-less next season.

We need to be able to generate a pass-rush without having to use exotic blitzes all the time. Vernon at the point of attack and Taylor in rotational pass-rushing situations will be crucial.

LOL i think you are being a bit too dramatic....it's not like we have no corners anymore. Revis is one man.

Best part from Warren Sapp:

I wanna be with my teammates, thats my family. That's an extension of me. That's where I'm most comfortable at, in the locker room, with the guys, on the field, doing what my skills allow me to do. And he has a whole bunch of skills at the LCB position....But you can't hold that team hostage, one man can't.

I agree with him. That defense is made up of 11 players, not 1.

How successful the Jets are without Revis is more on the shoulders of Sanchez, than Cro and Wilson. I have no doubt that this defense can be very, very good without Revis. If Sanchez is significantly better than last year, the defense does not have to be as great as it would have been with Revis. And I have confidence that Sanchez will step up big time. Especially when Holmes gets back.

No, Chad did not.

Chad "offered" to do that in an interview, but never had to give up any money. And Chad signed with the Jets archrival after pocketting $50 million in 5 injury plagued seasons. I'm not saying Chad is unclassy, but class has nothing to do with money.

That said, I agree with you about Revis. The fake injury thing was a bad sign.

Coming from a couple players...nice.

I heard Champ Bailey, a 9 time probowler say some different things today on NFL Live with Brian Dawkins co-signing.

Did they say that the Jets defense would suck without Revis? I doubt it.

couple of big ifs... who is the #3 in this scenario, Lowery?

The same person that was the number 3 last season. And why are they such big ifs? Cro will be in man which he prefers over the zone sh*t he was doing the last couple of seasons and so far he's been like nothing Rex has ever seen before and apparently Kyle Wilson is already above the learning curve.

Rex will put them in position to succeed.

What a dummy.

All that said, I still think A LOT of this PR mess was conjured up specifically to generate interest for the upcoming season of Hard Knocks. Sanchez and Revis are the 2 highest-profile players on the team. Sanchez in year 2 was not a situation conducive to generating drama and intrigue for the show... Revis' situation was just that. Perfect for promoting the show...

Cant argue with any of this...definitely think he's seeking advice from the wrong camp and definitely think Hard Knocks has a play in this.

What a dummy.

While I'm not the biggest fan of Gilbert, I think it is preposterous to say that Revis should be listening to mouth-piece HOF players over his OWN FLESH AND BLOOD.

Come on, let's get real.

Archived