Marshall wants Jets to get Revis signed

dolphann4life

since the Jets have the least amount of division titles in the AFC East i wouldn't expect them to take an intrest in them since they usually bank on wildcards.

I'd rather make the wild card and actually win a playoff game, than win the division and end up getting smoked any day! :rl:

I'd rather make the wild card and actually win a playoff game, than win the division and end up getting smoked any day! :rl:

And being only a half away from a Superbowl and then losing and getting your heart ripped out while the football gods laugh at you is better? lol Bottomline, you won nothing last year, you had a nice season, but all your trophy cases are empty.

And being only a half away from a Superbowl and then losing and getting your heart ripped out while the football gods laugh at you is better? lol Bottomline, you won nothing last year, you had a nice season, but all your trophy cases are empty.

You're telling me?

I'm not the one celebrating 3 regular season wins here.

I know you have no other accomplishments to mention, but still.

You can always count on phag fans to make total asses of themselves, whet else do they ever do?

You're telling me?

I'm not the one celebrating 3 regular season wins here.

I know you have no other accomplishments to mention, but still.

You can always count on phag fans to make total asses of themselves, whet else do they ever do?

no one was bragging about the 3 wins. Someone mentioned excuses and i brought up the game in which we beat you, but you dominated the stat line. Plus i think any fan takes pride in beating their teams rival.

no one was bragging about the 3 wins. Someone mentioned excuses and i brought up the game in which we beat you, but you dominated the stat line. Plus i think any fan takes pride in beating their teams rival.

You mention it in every thread, you make it obvious it's the only bright spot of your existence, and you have nothing else to pride yourself on.

Bringing it up all the time, and then saying you're not celebrating it, does not fly.

I'm sorry Brooklyn Jet, what hardware did you get from last season? A Divsion Title? A COnference Championship? A Lombadi Trophy? Nope. u got a shirt that reads "I made it to the AFC Championship game and all I got was this crappy T-Shirt"

I didn't get one of those shirts. Do you have extras?

All I can say is...BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR JACKASS.

I like his comments. He's basically complimenting Revis. He's saying Revis is the best and he is trying to 'be' the best. What's wrong with that?

You have to give it to him though, it would be a fun matchup to watch.

I like his comments. He's basically complimenting Revis. He's saying Revis is the best and he is trying to 'be' the best. What's wrong with that?

You have to give it to him though, it would be a fun matchup to watch.

100+

Finlay someone who actually gets it. There was absolutely nothing wrong with what he said.

Henne vs Jets = 32-47, 355 yds. 3TDs, 0 picks. 2 victories. Not a prediction, a history lesson.

That was for both games? That's less than 200 yards a game, and less than 2 TDs a game. Those aren't statistics to write home about.

Sanchez vs. Fins: 32-59 437 yds. 3 TD 0 INT

Sanchez' stats are serviceable, especially as a rookie. But Henne? Sure the Jets would prefer he throws 0 TDs, but 1.5 TDs a game and about 175 yards passing is laughable. I guess if all he does is throw to Marshall and completes it's possible Marshall gets 100 yards, but then how will the Fins win with 75 yards between everyone else lol?

I do think Henne will manage his 175 yards. I'm not sure he'll get his 1.5 TDs and 0 INTs, and it's a bit unlikely that the Fins get Ws again, especially for both games, but it's possible. The Fins are a good team now and have improved a lot. The Jets haven't proven anything really, although the Pats fans seem pretty anxious. While I'd love to pretend the Jets are in another class than the Fins, I guess I have to admit nothing has really been proven yet. On paper and from my analysis of the roster and CS, I do think the Jets are better, but until we start seeing both teams play a few games it means nothing.

Week 3 is the MNF game, it'll be a good test.

The Jets schedule is really tough though imo this year. If the Jets win 10 games that's actually a better performance than last year. If the Jets manage to win 13, then I'd say they're the odds on favorite to win the SB with this schedule. A Fins fan posted that the Jets could be 0-3 and possibly 1-5. If the Jets do drop to 0-3, then they clearly are not contenders, and they will actually struggle to win even 6 games if that's the case. The Jets can not lose to teams like the Fins any more.

Ravens

Pats x2 (need to split at worst)

Vikings

GB

Pitt

Bengals

Those are all playoff teams (I know Pitt didn't make it, but they are definitely a solid team--and will have Ben back then).

Other teams that are dangerous but the Jets NEED to beat:

Finsx2 (must split at worst)

Texans

Chicago (this is AT Soldier's Field in December! Very dangerous!!!)

Those are 11 loseable games. So a 5-11 record provided the Jets beat the teams I didn't list on here, and lose all of these.

Obviously I don't expect that to happen. I expect a sweep of the Fins and actually all of the marginal teams to lose, although I am worried about Denver and Chicago, I will list them as wins for these purposes.

With the 7 playoff teams, going 4-3 is considered a pretty solid record. So assuming the Jets don't lose any other games, that's a 13-3 season. Now, the NFL changes every year, but those 7 should be all quality wins. If the Jets go 7-0 on those, even if they drop a game here or there (again, Broncos and Bears are teams that I expect that can happen--although on paper the sh*tty Broncos should lose horribly--and Cutler is an INT machine--my instincts tell me these are dangerous) I would say they've reached elite status, and will probably be considered #1 or #2 in power rankings, possibly supplanting Indy which seems to do it every year (the Saints only really did it last year, and weren't considered top until at least past the mid-way point, prior to that the Vikings also were considered better).

Archived