Just Made My Season Predictions for 2010

TNJet

The Ravens played the Colts a lot tougher than we did.

The Ravens defense is still the best in football in my opinion. If Reed plays, you can expect a Sanchez pick 6. He's better than Sharper at that and feasts on green QB's.

I just think the Ravens are the better team. We know the Jets are goig to come out blazing on D....but Sanchez vs that D scares the hell out of me.

These are opinions I do not share. The Ravens were down 17-3 at the half. That is not "playing the Colts a lot tougher" IMO.

The Ravens D is still plenty stout, but what will they be trotting out there in their secondary? Reed is out, Foxworth and Walt Harris are out for the year. Who are their starting CBs?

Remember something else, the Ravens were only 9-7 last year. One of the main knocks on the Jets being rated so highly was their mediocre record, well the Ravens were the same. They didn't lose to any real clunkers the way the Jets did, but they did beat the Browns twice, the Raiders and the Lions. The lost to the Pats during the season and the only playoff team they beat was the Chargers. They split with the Steelers. That's about it.

They say that styles make fights and this is no different. The Jets have no passing O and the Ravens have no DBs. They have a good running game, we have a great D. It will be fun. Home field should be a big advantage to the Jets, more than the usual 3 points, so IMO they should be favored.

13-3. Our schedule is easy enough where the defense should be able to bail Sanchez out in most situations.

No matter how good your defense is, for any team to win 13 games in the NFL you need your QB pretty much to play lights out for 16 games. To get to 13 wins, your QB needs to carry the team on his back and pull out 3 or 4 games on his own. Conversely, you can't have your QB handing over 2 or 3 wins with poor games.

Even if you have a top 3 defense defense, or a top 3 running game for that matter, 13 wins will only be attainable with consistently good QB play over 16 games. The NFL is still a passing league.

Why do you think the Colts have had 7 consectutive 12 win seasons?

Vs. Baltimore - W

Vs. NE - W

@ Mia - W

@ Buff - W

Vs. Minny - L

@ Denver - W

Vs. Green Bay - L

@ Detroit - W

@ Cleveland - W

Vs. Houston - W

Vs. Cinci - W

@ NE - L

Vs. Mia - W

@Pitt - W

@ Chi - W

Vs. Buffalo - W

13-3. Our schedule is easy enough where the defense should be able to bail Sanchez out in most situations. I think we should be able to handle Baltimore with their defense being so beaten up and Miami is being very overated this year as long as our special teams doesn't choke thats a sweep.

I dont that schedule is easy. The first 5 games are brutal.

This is how I break down the schedule.

Freebies (games that we should absolutely win, no excuses)

Probable wins

Tossups (games that could go either way)

and Games we will most likely lose

The way I see it we have 4 freebies this season (and I honestly think they could all be shutouts) [4 Wins]

- Week 4 @ Buffalo (The Bills normally give us trouble but they are so bad this year, I would not be surprised if they go 1-15)

- Week 17 Buffalo (said above)

- Week 9 Detroit (Matt Stafford will be in for a rude awakening when he has to face our defense)

- Week 10 Cleveland (Delhomme or McCoy, it does not matter, this team just cannot stand toe to toe with our defense)

GAMES I THINK WE WILL PROBABLY WIN [ 5 WINS ]

- Week 6 @ DENVER (McDaniels has destroyed that team, getting rid of their best offensive weapon in Marshall, their starting running backs are injured, he fired the only bright spot on that team last year (Mike Nolan) and Kyle Orton will not figure out this jets defense but they were 8-8 last season so they deserve more respect than being labeled a freebie but I still think we should win this game)

- Week 3 @ MIAMI If ever this team was fired up for a game it will be in Miami on Sunday night football,this team has to be fuming from what happened last season. We put Revis on Marshall and blitz everyone else, this may be Rex's version of Buddy's "body bag game."

- Week 16 @ CHICAGO I expect Chicago to be a bit better than last year, but Jay Cutler has a few disaster games every year, and this will be one of them. Once he is blitzed, he will think he is brett favre and try to sling it in there, I am seeing a 4 INT game for Cutler. Not to mention this late in the season I expect the bears to be out of the playoff race with Green Bay and Minnesota ahead of them, and being in week 16 I do not think the bears will have any fight left in them.

- Week 11 HOUSTON Houston is one dimensional and a poor mans colts they will be a good team but we are designed to beat teams like them who can only sling it and have no running game (Tate is out for the year) look for a repeat of last years opener, but this time they play in our house.

- Week 12 CINCINNATI I think this is a win not because I think we are convincingly better than the Bengals but because of the placement of the game. Its on thanks giving in the meadowlands, So that means cincinnati has to come up here on a short week with only 2 days of practice, Carson Palmer probably would be settled into TO and ochocinco being his security blankets but this may be the first game when both of them are taken out of the equation, as batman and robin get turned into non factors by the joker and riddler (Cromartie and Revis)

TOSS UPS [anywhere between 0-4 wins i say we split 2-2]

vs NEW ENGLAND not sure what to expect out of them for this season, I am confident but not enough to say we will win.

vs Miami for the sake of trying to remain somewhat unbiased I will try to insinuate the possibility that we split the season series with the dolphins but the homer in me wants to say we destroy them in both games.

vs Green Bay We are coming off the bye week, with two weeks to prepare for green bay, they are another one dimensional team, and I do not think Aaron Rodgers has faced a defense as good as ours with that said, Green Bay's defense is also great, and they are a superbowl contender.

vs Baltimore they should rename this matchup Shonn Greene vs. Ray Rice because this is how the game will be won. no one will be able to pass, revis will eras boldin, cro will erase stallworth, and Sanchez will have a tough time against the baltimore defense even if their secondary is banged up. this game could go either way, and it may hinge on the leg of nick folk.

GAMES WE WILL MOST LIKELY LOSE [3 LOSSES]

@ New England (The Patriots are still too good for us to sweep them, they will win this game if we indeed split)

Minnesota (a Great team, it will be tough sledding for us. it will be hard to run against the williams wall, and I only hope Sanchez can pass in the face of Jared allen pass rushing. Brett Favre will take a beating but he may come out on top)

@ Pittsburgh ( another great defense, we are in pittsburgh, a tough place to play. I fear that polamalu will capitalize on some mistakes by sanchez)

Taking all of this into account I say we go 11-5 and win the division with Miami and New England battling it out for a wildcard spot in week 17 while we play the bills at home to clinch to division crown

Vs. Baltimore - W (Rex has too much going into this game to even consider losing, Reed and Lewis getting old)

Vs. NE - L (NE steals this game from us)

@ Mia - W (Wildcat is a joke, our defense destroys them)

@ Buff - W (Sure win)

Vs. Minny - W (Farve or no Farve it's a win)

@ Denver - L (Denver is a hard place to play, our defense is fatigued by half time)

Vs. Green Bay - L (With the lose at Denver team is struggling to find themselves)

@ Detroit - W (Team finds themselves and begins a 6 win streak)

@ Cleveland - W (Mangini and Co. throw a big stinker here)

Vs. Houston - W (Close game, big plays from both teams. Defense steps up in 4th qtr for the win)

Vs. Cinci - W (With an injured Carson Palmer and Chad lost on revis island -- easy win)

@ NE - W (Payback from the lose in week 2)

Vs. Mia - W (Wildcat is a joke, our defense destroys them)

@Pitt - L (At 10-3 Sanchez has his worse game of the season)

@ Chi - W (Jets clinch the AFC-E with this win, Team is playing some intensity, they are hungry for the playoffs)

Vs. Buffalo - L (Starters are pulled halfway through the game, Easy pickings for Buffalo)

11-5

Archived