Dolphins Trade Camarillo to Vikings

Vudu

Adam_Schefter

RT @DolFanBandits: i was told at 7:00 am this morning, that miami dolphins was trading Greg Camarillio to the Vikings. ... Now confirmed.

ProFootballTalk

Vikings trade for Dolphins WR Greg Camarillo, per league source . . . Story coming at PFT

Vikings trade for veteran receiver

Posted by Mike Florio on August 25, 2010 12:59 PM ET

When word broke that Vikings receiver Sidney Rice unexpectedly underwent hip surgery, we thought that the Vikings may explore trading for a certain wideout who plays in the AFC East.

But with Randy Moss of the Patriots likely going nowhere, the Vikings instead have swung a deal for Dolphins receiver Greg Camarillo.

Compensation is not yet known. It's believed to be a cornerback, possibly Benny Sapp.

Stay tuned.

Sad day for us Dolphins fans as Camarillo was a total pro and a guy you want to root for. But he was buried on the depth chart behind Marshall, Hartline and Bess, so he was probably not going to do too much for Miami this year (barring injury). It is good for Greg professionally though as Favre will love how reliable he is and he will benefit from Favre's gunslinger attitude. Lots of balls flying his way I think.

Sad day for us Dolphins fans as Camarillo was a total pro and a guy you want to root for. But he was buried on the depth chart behind Marshall, Hartline and Bess, so he was probably not going to do too much for Miami this year (barring injury). It is good for Greg professionally though as Favre will love how reliable he is and he will benefit from Favre's gunslinger attitude. Lots of balls flying his way I think.

I thought he was clutch, and I'm glad to see him go

I think the dolphins will regert this, defenses can take away marsha easily because there is no real threat in the passing game after her.

Dolphins have such great history trading their WRs away...

Yeah, like Wes Welker. It wasn't so much what it cost the Dolphins, but that it practically made the Patriots.

Camarillo is no Wes Welker though. And the Fins still have Brandon Marshall, Hartline, Bess, etc. And they don't have Ted Ginn Jr anymore.

Yeah, like Wes Welker. It wasn't so much what it cost the Dolphins, but that it practically made the Patriots.

Camarillo is no Wes Welker though. And the Fins still have Brandon Marshall, Hartline, Bess, etc. And they don't have Ted Ginn Jr anymore.

your sarcasm detector blows. Please upgrade.

I thought he was clutch, and I'm glad to see him go

I think the dolphins will regert this, defenses can take away marsha easily because there is no real threat in the passing game after her.

He was pretty clutch. Half of his catches last year were for first downs an dyes, he didn't drop any. But his cieling was hit. He was going into this season as the fourth wide receiver, and with Marshall getting more looks as a legit #1 and Hartline starting on the other side, he was, at best, going to see about 20 balls this season. Bess and Camarillo are sort of redundant and Bess has more upside at this point. It is a good trade for both teams though since Benny Sapp appears to be pretty good on special teams, which has been an eyesore for Miami so far this preseason, and he gives us another body in the nickel/dime packages, which is great since Will Allen may be out longer than expected.

Anyone who says that Camarillo is Miami's best receiver hasn't bene paying attention. He is a solid receiver and will neve rmake the QB look bad (i.e. catches everything that is thrown to him), but he isn't going to stretch the field like Hartline (and Marlon Moore, who I imagine now makes the team) or make the spectacular catch like Bess or Marshall can to make the QB look great.

He was/is a solid pro and I think he will work his way into being Favre's security blanket this season, but Miami's receiving corp has vastly improved since when we first picked up Camarillo (when admittedly, he WAS our best receiver). Most of us kind of knew that Greg's time in Miami was limited with the development of Bess and Hartline, along with the acquisition of Marshall. I wish him well though (especially week 5...).

LOL, the Phins just got THAT much worse! Anyone who doesn't think Camarillo was the Phins' best WR (yes, even over Marshall at this point) is in denial. 79 targets, 0 drops on the DOLPHINS....enough said!

Tony Sparano. Karl Dorrell. Bill Parcells. Jeff Ireland. Anyone with a brain. They're all "in denial". Especially the coaching staff, they had the best WR on the team 4th on the depth chart. I can't believe you're not in someone's personnel dept. shoring up their roster with more of your brilliant analysis.

Archived