Is Carton or w/e from WFAN an idiot?

SenorGato

So...and this should work well with that Beltran conversation I just had...apparently Beltran missed a visit to the hospital to meet and be with troops from Iraq. According to Carton, missing this cements the fact that he's a douche pos who only contributes to the losing culture of the Mets (despite the whole playing baseball extremely well thing).

The reason Beltran missed the hospital you ask?

He was going to meeting about a f*cking SCHOOL he is helping BUILD in his country. A school that he's putting his own money into.

I like listening to that show once in a while, but holy crap does that guy grind on you. I will never understand the psyche of a Mets fan either...apparently this is actually common thought. It's so grimy...I actually started rooting for the Mets at one point this year but then I started listening to the fanbase and WFAN just whine away the season. Very few things went well this year but you'd swear the Mets are in some hole that is impossible to recover from.

Some advice Mets fans...push for Kevin Towers at GM, keep your good veterans like Beltran, enjoy the youth movement, and realize that your situation isn't all that horrible. Just please for the love of Jah stop whining so much about eveeeeerything.

So...and this should work well with that Beltran conversation I just had...apparently Beltran missed a visit to the hospital to meet and be with troops from Iraq. According to Carton, missing this cements the fact that he's a douche pos who only contributes to the losing culture of the Mets (despite the whole playing baseball extremely well thing).

The reason Beltran missed the hospital you ask?

He was going to meeting about a f*cking SCHOOL he is helping BUILD in his country. A school that he's putting his own money into.

I like listening to that show once in a while, but holy crap does that guy grind on you. I will never understand the psyche of a Mets fan either...apparently this is actually common thought. It's so grimy...I actually started rooting for the Mets at one point this year but then I started listening to the fanbase and WFAN just whine away the season. Very few things went well this year but you'd swear the Mets are in some hole that is impossible to recover from.

Some advice Mets fans...push for Kevin Towers at GM, keep your good veterans like Beltran, enjoy the youth movement, and realize that your situation isn't all that horrible. Just please for the love of Jah stop whining so much about eveeeeerything.

Good for Beltran...I guess he can visit the troops that are protecting his ******* a$$ so he can make the millions he's making on another day. Of course, we know that ain't happening.

Good for Beltran...I guess he can visit the troops that are protecting his ******* a$$ so he can make the millions he's making on another day. Of course, we know that ain't happening.

Beltran may be a wonderful guy or a complete jerk; I have no idea,thoguh it's clear he's pretty much done due to injury. But this story is irrevelant. This whole thing is the Coupons trying to get on the good side of their pissed off fan base by holding up these 3 guys for more ridicule. And it's only to deflect their total incompetence for handing out huge mulityear contracts to lousy players like Beltran, K-Fraud, Castillo and Perez. The last 2 were especially awful; Perez was terrible, and no one was going to offer a middle infielder of limited value like Castillo a multiyear big bucks deal. Heck, Orlando Hudson is a vastly superior 2nd baseman and he's been forced to take 1 year deals. In both of those cases the Mets bid the price up against themselves.

Beltran may be a wonderful guy or a complete jerk; I have no idea,thoguh it's clear he's pretty much done due to injury. But this story is irrevelant. This whole thing is the Coupons trying to get on the good side of their pissed off fan base by holding up these 3 guys for more ridicule. And it's only to deflect their total incompetence for handing out huge mulityear contracts to lousy players like Beltran, K-Fraud, Castillo and Perez. The last 2 were especially awful; Perez was terrible, and no one was going to offer a middle infielder of limited value like Castillo a multiyear big bucks deal. Heck, Orlando Hudson is a vastly superior 2nd baseman and he's been forced to take 1 year deals. In both of those cases the Mets bid the price up against themselves.

Bugg, overall you are a solid poster, but your agenda against the Mets seems a little split.

You constantly rail against the "Coupons" (fair!) for not spending money, but now in the same breath you criticize them for giving multi-year high $$$ contracts and bidding against themself.

The points seem to be counter intuitive

Bugg, overall you are a solid poster, but your agenda against the Mets seems a little split.

You constantly rail against the "Coupons" (fair!) for not spending money, but now in the same breath you criticize them for giving multi-year high $$$ contracts and bidding against themself.

The points seem to be counter intuitive

Possibly.I again say that despite being a Yankee fan the baseball season in NY is better with both teams being competitive. As long as the Wilpons run the Mets, don't see it happening.It's easier to blame the GM, manager(both of whom are incompetent but here in 2010 because they are under contract) and players than tell the truth-the Wilpons are killing this franshise in ways great and small.

As to Beltran and even K-rod the contracts were defensible. Both ahd a resume of solid work and postseason success. Obviously now neither is going to approach that previous success.But again you coulnd't have known that the day they were signed.

But the Castillo and Perez contracts were lazy and stupid. No one was offering those 2 anywhere near what the Mets offered. Perez despite AJ Burnett-like flashes of good stuff was not the best choice. And Castillo's contract was beyond stupid; NOBODY was going to offer him near what the Mets did even for a year never mind 2, and Hudson was on the market for at least one of those years for less.

But as to the Wilpons; may be these players were jerks not to go to the hospital. But this is another example of the cynical ways they run the show. These guys are unpopular with the fan base, so in order to cater to the fan base, Jeff Wilpon releases this story to embarrass them. Now if you are a potential free agent, would you be in a rush to even talk to a franchise and ownership that goes out of it's way to do that to players? And how does that play in the clubhouse? And the Wilpons do this to cover their own incompetence and cheapness.

So now they will hire Bob Melvin instead of a real manager, like the could've done with Showalter or Valentine, and they will not hire Backman for "character reasons" despite another good job he did this year in Single A with Brooklyn(who are now in the NY/Penn League finals). And they won't bother to call Cliff Lee despite a rotation that hangs on Santana's arm.Better to bash guys who are on the way out than improve the club. And even if they did call Lee, do you think any player is going to be inclined to sign up for this circus?

Warped...really warped...We're not talking about a guy who went to an anti-America rally to burn some flags and stone some cancer patients.

Only with this idiot franchise...It's kind of sad. Now I remember why I absolutely hated the Mets growing up. They're 2nd rate trash.

Beltran...well he should have been smart and signed with the Yankees or Red Sox. What a waste...a true 5 tool CF on such a hack franchise..."You're a douche, why would you want to build schools in your home country when you can go have some awkward moments with troops? We'd bash you anyway!"

Archived