Twenty games into his career, has Sanchez shown you he can a legit NFL QB or not?

T0mShane

32 members have voted

1. 1. Twenty games into his career, has Sanchez shown you he can a legit NFL QB or not?

• Yes
    • No

You're right but I think thats because Rex is a smart coach. That is what Sanchez needed last year and Rex got it done, this year is a different story. Now Schotty is the one that has him in cuffs and I'm sure he heard it from Rex this morning. They need to let him go, let him even make mistakes its the only way he is going to get better. I think that most Jet fans wouldnt have even minded if he threw a pick on a 40 yd pass last night... at least show some guts and go for it. Not to mention that pass to Keller that got negated by a penalty and the pass to Cotchery on the 3rd down that he dropped were great passes, I know its 2 plays but their only throwing plays so what else can we judge on. Take the cuffs off.

We wont truly know how much Rex was a part of the offensive game plan. I'd guess he was quite involved seeing that it was his defense and the offense looked much like it did last year when he got involved. But who knows? I'll say this, if Rex wasnt involved in the game plan, he sure as sh*t should have been at the half.

We wont truly know how much Rex was a part of the offensive game plan. I'd guess he was quite involved seeing that it was his defense and the offense looked much like it did last year when he got involved. But who knows? I'll say this, if Rex wasnt involved in the game plan, he sure as sh*t should have been at the half.

haha very true! they have 5 days to fix this and ya know what? I know it sounds crazy but they really can fix it if they just open this offense up a little. Throw in some slants, a deep pass here and there, maybe a hurry up offense drive, a few wildcat plays, and we have a totally different game. Thats the only good thing that came out of this game on offense, since its mainly the playcalling that ****ed us, its something that can be fixed and fixed in a hurry.

To answer the thread question, no, not yet. But it still too early.

Sadly, I think he was very involved with the offensive philosophy. Ground and Pound, you here it all the time. Its not something that was said prior to the Rex Ryan era. He's said it before, we dont need Sanchez to win us games. Its clear that Rex believe his D and a good running game will win in the NFL. Unfortunately, you have to adjust your game plan and though that philosophy may win you a lot of games, its not going to make your team elite.

To not even test that secondary at all with no Ed Reed, is baffling. And as much as I hate B Schitt and think that he sucks major donkey dick, I think Rex had his hand in on that game plan. I've seen Schitty takes shots down field plenty, and that was not done last night.

Spot on that game plan had Rex's finger prints all over it. That's exactly the type of game Rex wants. The D turns the ball over the special teams win field position. The problem is Baltimore stoned the running game, abused the rookie Guard, demoralized Shone Greene.

I haven't really killed Shotty but I think he is looking to run a more complex passing O which is in direct conflict with what Rex wants to do. It's simply not working and Sanchez has clearly gotten the message not to lose the game. Shotty's O simply can't work with a QB who is still a kid and a head coach who wants to pound the ball.

They should bring in another OC as long as Rex is the HC.

haha very true! they have 5 days to fix this and ya know what? I know it sounds crazy but they really can fix it if they just open this offense up a little. Throw in some slants, a deep pass here and there, maybe a hurry up offense drive, a few wildcat plays, and we have a totally different game. Thats the only good thing that came out of this game on offense, since its mainly the playcalling that ****ed us, its something that can be fixed and fixed in a hurry.

Dude, I cant believe with all the chances we had that we didnt at least throw a ******* fade jump ball to BE. He loves that play, he makes acrobatic catches more than normal ones, but not one time did we try that play. Makes no sense.

Give your play makers a chance to make a play. If you cant draw up a play go get a WR one on one for a fade, then you dont belong in the NFL.

And honestly, I hate that play when its done over and over again, but when you got a guy like him facing a secondary like that...its a great call.

Why are everyone's panties in a bunch all of a sudden? Twenty games isn't enough to judge a QB, but there was always a strong chance for Sanchez in particular to turn out to be useless. Just because that fact is more readily apparent today doesn't make it any more or less true than it was last September in Houston, last October in Buffalo, or last January in San Diego.

Dude, I cant believe with all the chances we had that we didnt at least throw a ******* fade jump ball to BE. He loves that play, he makes acrobatic catches more than normal ones, but not one time did we try that play. Makes no sense.

Give your play makers a chance to make a play. If you cant draw up a play go get a WR one on one for a fade, then you dont belong in the NFL.

And honestly, I hate that play when its done over and over again, but when you got a guy like him facing a secondary like that...its a great call.

Definitely! Braylon LOVES that play, and they didnt even have Ed Reed!! Thats why I put so much of this on the coaching, that play should absolutely have been called. As well as a first down pass once in a blue ******* moon! How bout a slant to Cotchery or Keller? No reason even with all those blitz's the Raven were throwing at us that we couldnt run a single slant!

I'm confident they'll fix it though.

The call to TRich in the flat was comical.

3rd and 1 lets throw a bomb to our possession WR. I havent gotten on Schotty before- but this guy is clueless. Ive never seen a professional team look this out of sync.

It was 3rd & 3, but that call was comical. It made no sense there. Get the 1st down Schotty.

It just doesn't seem that Schotty has a feel for the game. I thought it was telling on the 1st series after the turnover in the redzone. He calls 1 up the gun run & 2 pass plays. A toss sweep to LT would have been killer there with the Ravens gunning for a normal run.

Archived