Twenty games into his career, has Sanchez shown you he can a legit NFL QB or not?

T0mShane

32 members have voted

1. 1. Twenty games into his career, has Sanchez shown you he can a legit NFL QB or not?

• Yes
    • No

Can we have a "maybe" in there...lol. I really don't know what to think of this kid. I'm beginning to think that the Jets put the cart before the horse though. Sanchez needed to be developed more before the Jets went out and signed these FA's and started proclaiming they were SB contenders. What other team with a rookie or second year QB says that sh*t?

He started hasn't been able to feel pressure coming at him when he's in the pocket and I don't know if that can be taught.

I dont think we will every know if he can be a legit qb with schotty behind him. Let him air the ****ing ball out once! Lets see if he can think for himself, cuz these three yard dump passes behind the sticks arent even pathetic. They're ****ing retarded...

Agreed. If Schotty keeps up his play calling we'll finally see the end to the Schottenheimer era.

Sanchez is just like every other USC QB, average to below average.

Sanchez is not and will not be the superstar that Jets fans want to think he will become.

He's scared and clueless out there. Checking out of everything and checking down to his safety valve on every single pass play. He's afraid to throw it down field and his coaches are afraid to let him throw it down field.

Jets will be looking for another QB in 2 years,

Sanchez us just like every other USC QB, average to below average.

Sanchez is not and will not be the superstar that Jets fans want to think he will become.

He's scared and clueless out there. Checking out of everything and checking down to his safety valve on every single pass play. He's afraid to throw it down field and his coaches are afraid to let him throw it down field.

Jets will be looking for another QB in 2 years,

They'll fire Schottenheimer before they look for another QB. Rex believes in this kid and I dont see why he shouldnt, ill make my judgement when they open the field for him on a play OTHER THAN 3rd down.

Correct me if Im wrong but Schitty calls the plays, the few times we did go downfield were successfull but were nulified cause of penalties and the thing Sanchez did best late last season, quick slants, wasn't called once last night. All these screens, ala Hackett & Herm, r down right stupid...Everything seems to be behind the LOS or outs...I thought Schitty was suppossed to be this offensive brain child? Where is the innovation? Our best QB results were when Brad Smith was in the game....Something needs to be done THIS WEEK or we will be 0 & 2 going to Miami

For some reason (and I don't think the OC is to blame on this-- for those of you who want to roast Schotty) Sanchez just does not go through all of his reads. He looks downfield, does not see anything open (before the play has a chance to develop) and immediately opts for a safety valve. You can't do that, and run a legitimate offense in the NFL.

The Jets defense was plenty good enough to have won the game against the Ravens, but Sanchez gave the D side of the ball no help.

Maybe he will eventually get it. But as of right now, he has a long ways to go to even be considered a marginal NFL QB.

For some reason (and I don't think the OC is to blame on this-- for those of you who want to roast Schotty) Sanchez just does not go through all of his reads. He looks downfield, does not see anything open (before the play has a chance to develop) and immediately opts for a safety valve. You can't do that, and run a legitimate offense in the NFL.

The Jets defense was plenty good enough to have won the game against the Ravens, but Sanchez gave the D side of the ball no help.

Maybe he will eventually get it. But as of right now, he has a long ways to go to even be considered a marginal NFL QB.

Well it doesn't help when on one play Slauson gets burned by Ngata and Sanchez gets hammered to the ground. That might make you go through your reads a little quicker too. The fact is the offense didnt develop anything and the Sanchez is still getting a feel for the game.

That comment is 100% accurate.

The easy thing to do is to blame the OC, but there is no way Schotty calls all those dump-off pass plays. Sanchez is not going through his progression reads and letting plays develop downfield.

He is terrified of making a mistakes and he quickly goes to his safety valve receiver.

You can not be an effective NFL QB by playing scared.

The easy thing to do is to blame the OC, but there is no way Schotty calls all those dump-off pass plays. Sanchez is not going through his progression reads and letting plays develop downfield.

He is terrified of making a mistakes and he quickly goes to his safety valve receiver.

What about that pass play to Greene? That play looked designed to be a pass play straight to him. And if so, that is the OC's fault for thinking it was a good play when Greene was never a pass catcher to begin with.

What about that pass play to Greene? That play looked designed to be a pass play straight to him. And if so, that is the OC's fault for thinking it was a good play when Greene was never a pass catcher to begin with.

I agree, that did look like a designed play.

But all the others were on Sanchez.

Totally disagree. Schotty IS calling those plays. He made Sanchez scared to do anything else. I posted this in another thread but if u watch with a minute left the one play Sanchez couldnt hear he makes a 10 yd pass to Braylon Edwards. Coincidence that that happens to be a play he probably called himself? I highly doubt that.

Those of you not blaming Schotty, have you watched this guy at all? Every year its the same BS playcalling, same safe calls, no matter who the QB is he has always called the plays the same. He's the common denominator in the way every JETS qb has played since he has been here.

Run, Run, Check Down, Punt

Run, Run, Screen pass to SHONN GRENN(?!?!), Punt

We wont know for sure until we get rid of sh*tty. Right now (and for the past 5 years) we have the single worst Offensive Coordinator in the NFL. I cant blame the kid for shabby development.

This team will NOT win a SB with this POS running the offense. How he still keeps a job here is mind boggling. We have one of the best offensive coaches in the NFL in Callahan coaching the Oline and it just so happens to be one of the best units on the team.

Funny, I didn't see you in the huddle last night.

Without knowing the exact play call, you have no idea if it was a designed play or a Sanchez check-down.

I've watched this braindead hack call plays for four years for four different QBs and with the exception of Favre, who had to raise holy hell to get this moron to loosen the reins, its been the same old crap:

Run, Run, Pass, Punt. Don't attempt a downfield pass unless you absolutely need to or it makes absolutely no sense like on 3rd and 2 when you've been running the ball down their throats.

That ain't on Sanchez. That is Schotty's offensive philosophy.

I've watched this braindead hack call plays for four years for four different QBs and with the exception of Favre, who had to raise holy hell to get this moron to loosen the reins, its been the same old crap:

Run, Run, Pass, Punt. Don't attempt a downfield pass unless you absolutely need to or it makes absolutely no sense like on 3rd and 2 when you've been running the ball down their throats.

Not only that then they get in a 3rd and 8 situation and they KNOW your throwing on 3rd down.

If you believe that to be true, then there is a deeper, underlying problem.

It is the HC's responsibility to shape the defensive and offensive philosophy of his football team, not the other way around. It is the OC's and DC's responsibility to implement (design plays) and execute (call plays) said philosophy.

We all know Rex runs the Jets defense, and there is nothing wrong with that. But he also has to take responsibility on the offensive side of the ball. He does not have to get involved in play development and execution, but he needs to have an offensive philosophy and hold his OC and coaches responsible for the execution.

Rex needs to tell Shotty to take off the training wheels and become more vertical of an offense. It's Shotty's job then to figure out how to get that accomplished.

It is the HC's responsibility to shape the defensive and offensive philosophy of his football team, not the other way around. It is the OC's and DC's responsibility to implement (design plays) and execute (call plays) said philosophy.

We all know Rex runs the Jets defense, and there is nothing wrong with that. But he also has to take responsibility on the offensive side of the ball. He does not have to get involved in play development and execution, but he needs to have an offensive philosophy and hold his OC and coaches responsible for the execution.

Rex needs to tell Shotty to take off the training wheels and become more vertical of an offense. It's Shotty's job then to figure out how to get that accomplished.

Alls I know is that when Rex got involved in the offense last year things started to turn around. I don't think he should wait so long this year.

I sincerely hope that Schotty felt the wrath of G-d when he met with Rex this morning.

To answer the thread question, no, not yet. But it still too early.

Sadly, I think he was very involved with the offensive philosophy. Ground and Pound, you here it all the time. Its not something that was said prior to the Rex Ryan era. He's said it before, we dont need Sanchez to win us games. Its clear that Rex believe his D and a good running game will win in the NFL. Unfortunately, you have to adjust your game plan and though that philosophy may win you a lot of games, its not going to make your team elite.

To not even test that secondary at all with no Ed Reed, is baffling. And as much as I hate B Schitt and think that he sucks major donkey dick, I think Rex had his hand in on that game plan. I've seen Schitty takes shots down field plenty, and that was not done last night.

Alls I know is that when Rex got involved in the offense last year things started to turn around. I don't think he should wait so long this year.

I sincerely hope that Schotty felt the wrath of G-d when he met with Rex this morning.

That's exactly my point.

What you both are forgetting is when Rex got involved, the cuffs got tighter. Red, Yellow, Green was implemented and we ran the ball even more. We saw more wildcat and basically did everything to take the pressure off Sanchez.

I think Rex needs to be punched in the face and told that its 2010 and you dont win playing like its the 1950's. This the era of the QB and it wont change. The entire game is revolved around it.

Let the kid play. You traded up for him to not even try and test the defense? Bull sh*t.

Rex needs to coach like a Jet. There was nothing aggressive (or like a Jet) in that offensive philosophy.

What you both are forgetting is when Rex got involved, the cuffs got tighter. Red, Yellow, Green was implemented and we ran the ball even more. We saw more wildcat and basically did everything to take the pressure off Sanchez.

I think Rex needs to be punched in the face and told that its 2010 and you dont win playing like its the 1950's. This the era of the QB and it wont change. The entire game is revolved around it.

Let the kid play. You traded up for him to not even try and test the defense? Bull sh*t.

Rex needs to coach like a Jet. There was nothing aggressive (or like a Jet) in that offensive philosophy.

You're right but I think thats because Rex is a smart coach. That is what Sanchez needed last year and Rex got it done, this year is a different story. Now Schotty is the one that has him in cuffs and I'm sure he heard it from Rex this morning. They need to let him go, let him even make mistakes its the only way he is going to get better. I think that most Jet fans wouldnt have even minded if he threw a pick on a 40 yd pass last night... at least show some guts and go for it. Not to mention that pass to Keller that got negated by a penalty and the pass to Cotchery on the 3rd down that he dropped were great passes, I know its 2 plays but their only throwing plays so what else can we judge on. Take the cuffs off.

Run, Run, Screen pass to SHONN GRENN(?!?!), Punt

this is a great post

F*** b schitty

when santonio comes back if he doesnt open up the playbook then there will have to be a change.. you have to mix it up and you have to realize you cant handcuff your qb like that he better be kicking himself today because that gameplan last night did not work at alllll

Archived