Latest Scouts Inc. Mock Draft

faba

Skill positions dominate top picks

Scouts Inc.

Below is our third crack at mapping out the first round. We'll be scouting individual workouts, as well as zeroing in on NFL teams' ever-changing needs to make sure our projections remain accurate and realistic.

* = underclassman

2005 NFL draft, projected first round

1. San Francisco 49ers (2-14)

Aaron Rodgers* | QB | California

Like most teams drafting in the top five, the 49ers would like to trade down, stockpile picks and address more needs. More than likely, the 49ers' best bet will be to stay put and draft the player they deem to be the most valuable at a high position of need. In our opinion, that player is Rodgers. Neither Tim Rattay nor Ken Dorsey is a franchise quarterback and Rodgers would be a significant upgrade over both. Some feel that Alex Smith (Utah) has the same or better NFL potential, but we don't see it that way. Rodgers has just decent height (6-2) but he has terrific arm strength, good accuracy and above-average athleticism.

2. Miami Dolphins (4-12)

Ronnie Brown | RB | Auburn

The Dolphins' best bet would be trading down in order to acquire extra picks, but that scenario is unlikely. New head coach Nick Saban and his staff seem to be addressing needs along the defensive line in free agency, which leaves a lot of work left to be done on the other side of the ball. Saban must first decide if A.J. Feeley is his quarterback of the future. If not, drafting a quarterback would be the right move. If, however, Saban can live with Feeley as his franchise quarterback, drafting one of three top running backs in this class

Stillerpaul Roddy White would be a good choice for your guys in that slot replacing Burress with a big fast young player.

I wouldn't mind that pick at all buddy. My view is that ya can never have enough playmakers on O. Then we could have one hell of a competition between Cedrick Wilson and Randle El for the slot, loser gets PR and KR duties. :wink:

Is this the same "Scouts Inc" that said before The 2004 season that The Jets had the 3rd worst team in football and that our defensive line was ranked 30th out of 32 teams.

No wonder none of these scouts have NFL jobs.

One of the worst mock's I've seen. Too many things I hate to comment on. Basically they need to scrap that whole thing.

I would agree at least for the Patriots. If Ruud is on the board or whatever that hayseed from Nebraska's name is, I think the Patriots would go in that direction with the age and health issues involving the Patriots.

Archived