**** Official New York Jets vs Miami Dolphins Game Thread ****

war ensemble

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We didn't have our best corner man.

At least there's a reason.

Yeah, I'm well aware of that. My point was not that this team will never stop a QB. It was that in this game we weren't and Henning was a fool to try trick plays that don't work on us.

Other than those mental lapses, he exploited our pass-defense big-time.

lol, 4.5 yards per carry for Ronnie and Ricky; over 350 passing yards. How did we even win?

We kicked the living sh*t out of them and dominated every aspect of the game.

Funny thing is no one disputed that going in. But it was Miami fans who were all over these boards telling us that Jason Allen and Vontae Davis are gods, a bunch of no-namers in the front 7 were going to shut down the run, and the Miami defense is one of the best in the game based on performances against the Bills and a lousy Viking offense. Funny.

What I was REALLY impressed with was the Miami offensive line. It didn't matter what we tried to throw up against them blitz-wise they seemed to have a blocking scheme to handle it.

Their oline is playing better than ours right now, but that was the best game they've had all year. I still stand by what I say about the Dolphags, they arent overly impressive, they are opportunistic (even though didnt really tonight), a bit slow, but can be pretty active and strong at the point of attack.

I didn't say that. Should have just run it or passed it. Snapping to not-Henne killed them. Their offense was beating our defense. Getting cute was unnecessary, and as it turned out, counterproductive.

they were 26 / 45 passing.

c'mon man

it just seems worse because we have been spoiled with out of this world pass defense recently

I'd take him to be my OC any day

We need Revis badly. That offense should not have been able to do what they did. But we finally have our Quarterback.

Yessir. If I wanted to I can dig up some comments from people talking about "F Revis, we have alCROtraz". lol. Look, Revis is not from this planet. Everytime he's not on the field, we see WHY we need him on the field. Thats all im going to say on that one.

AS for Sanchez....DUDE, WE GOT A QUARTERBACK! lol

Yessir. If I wanted to I can dig up some comments from people talking about "F Revis, we have alCROtraz". lol. Look, Revis is not from this planet. Everytime he's not on the field, we see WHY we need him on the field. Thats all im going to say on that one.

AS for Sanchez....DUDE, WE GOT A QUARTERBACK! lol

We can't continue with Wilson in the starting line up, and I'll admit, I thought in August we could do it with out Revis, but we can't, we need him.

Funny thing is no one disputed that going in. But it was Miami fans who were all over these boards telling us that Jason Allen and Vontae Davis are gods, a bunch of no-namers in the front 7 were going to shut down the run, and the Miami defense is one of the best in the game based on performances against the Bills and a lousy Viking offense. Funny.

What I was REALLY impressed with was the Miami offensive line. It didn't matter what we tried to throw up against them blitz-wise they seemed to have a blocking scheme to handle it.

You're right. And im going to say what I said back during preseason, The Jets and Fins will be fighting for this division for years to come. The Pats are on the fade-out.

We can't continue with Wilson in the starting line up, and I'll admit, I thought in August we could do it with out Revis, but we can't, we need him.

We cant. I'll give Wilson this...he's good. He's there on everyplay, however, He doesnt turn his head on the play. Thats something you can teach though. Once the game slows down for him and he gets the "Feel" the Defense is going to be even better.

However, Darrelle Revis is showing why he's do important, because that was a scary one we just seen. Marshall was abusing Cro.

We cant. I'll give Wilson this...he's good. He's there on everyplay, however, He doesnt turn his head on the play. Thats something you can teach though. Once the game slows down for him and he gets the "Feel" the Defense is going to be even better.

However, Darrelle Revis is showing why he's do important, because that was a scary one we just seen. Marshall was abusing Cro.

He needs to take some time and learn to play at this level, until then he needs to stay at nickel. We should be able to ease Revis back in next week by sticking him on Johnson.

You're right. And im going to say what I said back during preseason, The Jets and Fins will be fighting for this division for years to come. The Pats are on the fade-out.

The Pats are STILL more dangerous than Miami. Remember, we just beat them in their own house, in their home opener, on national TV. On a hot, humid Miami night that ALWAYS favors the home team. Despite no Revis, Pace, Jenkins and a dinged up Taylor and no Braylon in the 1st quarter. This after the Dolphins beat the lowly Bills and the receiver-less Vikings.

I don't see them offering all that much resistance, both in the short-term OR the long-term.

He needs to take some time and learn to play at this level, until then he needs to stay at nickel. We should be able to ease Revis back in next week by sticking him on Johnson.

True. However, I dont want Revis back on the field until he's 100% We got through a very import part of our schedule. We play the Bills next week. I dont want Revis on the field for that game unless he's absolutely healthy.

P.S. Wait until Holmes gets on the field.....UGLY!

True. However, I dont want Revis back on the field until he's 100% We got through a very import part of our schedule. We play the Bills next week. I dont want Revis on the field for that game unless he's absolutely healthy.

P.S. Wait until Holmes gets on the field.....UGLY!

Thats why I said ease him back in by putting him on Steve Johnson. Don't put him on Lee Evans or Roscoe Parrish, the passing game is not that much of a threat. And don't have him out there on every play.

The Pats are STILL more dangerous than Miami. Remember, we just beat them in their own house, in their home opener, on national TV. On a hot, humid Miami night that ALWAYS favors the home team. Despite no Revis, Pace, Jenkins and a dinged up Taylor and no Braylon in the 1st quarter. This after the Dolphins beat the lowly Bills and the receiver-less Vikings.

I don't see them offering all that much resistance, both in the short-term OR the long-term.

I think the Fins are better than the Pats. I could be wrong...I think so though.

I think the Fins are better than the Pats. I could be wrong...I think so though.

Miami always plays us tough but its not always the case against everyone else. Watch how Miami performs compared to New England over the course of the rest of the season. The Pats will be either ahead of us or nipping at our heels while the Dolphins fall off.

props for showing up, very solid

dan henning is the man

my heart can't take these games !!!!

they are tough to take while they're happening but they're great once they're over with. hell we lost and i cant say that i'm that upset. might be the vodka though. every game is now a coinflip with you guys. congrats on 1st place. we'll have to take that back from you lol. three teams at 2-1. someone call the bills they are missing out on a helluva party lol

Miami always plays us tough but its not always the case against everyone else. Watch how Miami performs compared to New England over the course of the rest of the season. The Pats will be either ahead of us or nipping at our heels while the Dolphins fall off.

um....we'll see. Not that I care about either team as long as the jets win lol. Though I think the Fins are for real. Henne is pretty good.

I just think that we beat a very good team tonight. Though, you do have a point, Bad team or good team, The Fins always come to play for this game.

um....we'll see. Not that I care about either team as long as the jets win lol. Though I think the Fins are for real. Henne is pretty good.

I just think that we beat a very good team tonight. Though, you do have a point, Bad team or good team, The Fins always come to play for this game.

We should get a better answer to the Miami vs. NE debate next week. The Pats will be heading to Miami for Monday Night Football.

Besides Wilson's early mistakes, the problem with the D was the heat. Football wasn't meant to be played at 87 degrees (with humidity) at 10 pm at night.

Yes, the Fins were playing in those conditions as well but they train in it for the whole offseason and preseason. There's a reason why non southern teams struggle there in September and early October.

Play that game in normal football temperatures and the game is a blow out rather than an 8 point victory, which is large in and of itself.

Archived