Just watched a recap of the 1996 Yankees on TBS

AFJF

Any true baseball fan had to love that season. The drama was unreal. Cone coming back from surgery to win game 3, Frank Torre in the hospital while it was all going down, youngsters like Jeter and Petitte coming up big....what a season that was!

Edit: I meant on PBS.

Any true baseball fan had to love that season. The drama was unreal. Cone coming back from surgery to win game 3, Frank Torre in the hospital while it was all going down, youngsters like Jeter and Petitte coming up big....what a season that was!

Edit: I meant on PBS.

Cone's first start back from the aneurysm was ridiculous ...Dude threw something like 7-8 no hit innings...I remember it was against the A's and I think they were in Oakland. Great game. In that series I think the Yankees came back from 9 down in one game IIRC...Great season...Gooden threw his no-no...

Also, NY was introduced to the ridiculous Graeme Lloyd, the awesome LOOGY who was in every bench brawl ever, and Jeff Nelson, who did that fake to third and first pickoff sh*t every 3 seconds.

And Jimmy Key...Andy Pettite...Wettland to Mo...Cecil Fielder...Charlie Hayes....The most underrated 3B ever, Wade Boggs...Bernie entering his prime...f*ckin Tino, the guy bought away from the Mariners team that beat them the year before...Man that team was awesome.

That season was amazing. So many people forget how long the Yankee drought was before that year. They seemed close, then George brings in Torre. Just didn't seem like it was going to work out. Just an incredible season.

That season was amazing. So many people forget how long the Yankee drought was before that year. They seemed close, then George brings in Torre. Just didn't seem like it was going to work out. Just an incredible season.

Don't forget dumping Mike Stanley in favor of Joe Girardi. People thought Steinbrenner was nuts and Torre was stupid.

Archived