How many of you have mental illnesses?

vinnys025

the psychology of trolls is actually kinda interesting

I think it's a combination of narcissism and low self esteem

the narcissism comes from the pathetic "look at me !" attempts to get attention and be the center of the discussion, where they have a compulsion to have the last word

the low self esteem comes from actually taking time out of your day going to a message board to put someones favorite football team down to make yourself feel better

gotta feel bad for the people that live with these pathetic creatures

I guess most trolls grow out of it by college

the psychology of trolls is actually kinda interesting

I think it's a combination of narcissism and low self esteem

the narcissism comes from the pathetic "look at me !" attempts to get attention and be the center of the discussion, where they have a compulsion to have the last word

the low self esteem comes from actually taking time out of your day going to a message board to put someones favorite football team down to make yourself feel better

gotta feel bad for the people that live with these pathetic creatures

I guess most trolls grow out of it by college

Narcissism = low self esteem.

is it like an over compensation ?

I thought narcissism was an exaggerated sense of self importance....

It is, externally.

The thing about personality and personality disorders is, you always have to ask yourself why?

From the Freudian perspective, narcissism comes from object (interpersonal) frustration. When a budding narcissist is disappointed by an object (a parent, usually), he reacts negatively to the point where he's no longer able to see himself as having self worth. So, in order to regulate this emotional imbalance, he seeks external feedback in the absence of ability to regulate and soothe affect (emotions).

In English, that pretty much means that in the lack of ability to regulate one's self esteem, the narcissist uses the world to provide him positive feedback. For example, I don't feel very good about myself, so I buy a Rolex and a BMW so other people will be impressed with me.

It is, externally.

The thing about personality and personality disorders is, you always have to ask yourself why?

From the Freudian perspective, narcissism comes from object (interpersonal) frustration. When a budding narcissist is disappointed by an object (a parent, usually), he reacts negatively to the point where he's no longer able to see himself as having self worth. So, in order to regulate this emotional imbalance, he seeks external feedback in the absence of ability to regulate and soothe affect (emotions).

In English, that pretty much means that in the lack of ability to regulate one's self esteem, the narcissist uses the world to provide him positive feedback. For example, I don't feel very good about myself, so I buy a Rolex and a BMW so other people will be impressed with me.

ok, got it

It is, externally.

I thought people buy a Rolex and a BMW to get laid... Had no idea it was a mental condition

Archived