Felix Hernandez won the Cy Young...

SenorGato

Voters got it right. If he had an average offense he would have won 20 games. There is always pressure on a pitcher. If you don't pitch well, you don't get paid well next time around. Unless you're AJ Burnout.

Also, being the best pitcher in baseball, everyone is gunning for you no matter what.

Depeneds on whatever "important" means in this case. It's not like the other teams aren't trying to win.

I never said "important" lets recap...

You said: "Felix Hernandez won the Cy Young... because he was better than everyone else."

I said: "He also did not pitch in a meaningful game all year long."

Do you see that word I used also, does it really seem like I'm arguing with what you said?

Or does it sound like I'm agreeing with you, while pointing out something else?

Now... Do you really want to go over how many "meaningful" games he pitched in?

I never said "important" lets recap...

You said: "Felix Hernandez won the Cy Young... because he was better than everyone else."

I said: "He also did not pitch in a meaningful game all year long."

Do you see that word I used also, does it really seem like I'm arguing with what you said?

Or does it sound like I'm agreeing with you, while pointing out something else?

Now... Do you really want to go over how many "meaningful" games he pitched in?

Yes.

Also, what's the definition of "meaningful?"

I have no idea, and please.

Ah I see...He wasn't strong against the division leaders Texas and Anaheim. Yes well, he was still the best pitcher...CC was 1B.

Again, I thought we already established that when I said also I was agreeing with your opening post.

Are we still unclear on this, because I was hoping you could explain it to Lurker.

I have no idea, and please.

He wasn't strong against the division leaders Texas and Anaheim. Is that what you might be talking about?

What's with the double quotes?

I'm not sure I know what you are talking about anymore... Are you saying the games he pitched in were "meaningful/significant" because the Mariners really did have a chance at going somewhere this year?

It's called a statement, and it's true.

it is a statement, but it's false

were the games he pitched in yankee stadium not meaningful? Ask the Yankees if they were meaningful.

what about the games before seattle fell out of contention? Do those not count?

This "meaningful" garbage is basically the same as the debates over what's considered clutch and what's not considered clutch.

Is it only meaningful if it's the playoffs? Is it only meaningful if it's done in a September playoff race?

What about if it's in June, but your team is a few games out of first place?

Every game is meaningful, but if you want to argue it's only if it affected playoff races, Felix pitched plenty of games against teams involved in playoff races.

He dominated the AL East.

The bottom line is that he was clearly the best pitcher in the AL this past season, and introducing "meaningful" to the equation is an attempt to obfuscate and muddy the waters. What are you trying to say? That only pitchers involved in playoff races should be allowed to be considered for the Cy Young? If not, what the heck was the point of posting that?

it is a statement, but it's false

were the games he pitched in yankee stadium not meaningful? Ask the Yankees if they were meaningful.

what about the games before seattle fell out of contention? Do those not count?

This "meaningful" garbage is basically the same as the debates over what's considered clutch and what's not considered clutch.

Is it only meaningful if it's the playoffs? Is it only meaningful if it's done in a September playoff race?

What about if it's in June, but your team is a few games out of first place?

Every game is meaningful, but if you want to argue it's only if it affected playoff races, Felix pitched plenty of games against teams involved in playoff races.

He dominated the AL East.

The bottom line is that he was clearly the best pitcher in the AL this past season, and introducing "meaningful" to the equation is an attempt to obfuscate and muddy the waters. What are you trying to say? That only pitchers involved in playoff races should be allowed to be considered for the Cy Young? If not, what the heck was the point of posting that?

I have no problem with him winning, I agreed with the OP, and I'm not trying to muddy anything.

I made a statement, in my opinion the games he pitched in were "meaningless"

You can disagree with that, but trying to say the 1 sentence, 12 word post I made was an argument against him winning the award, is quite the stretch, even for you.

As far as me saying he did not pitch in "meaningful" games this year, it had nothing to do with the time of year they were.

I'm talking about "meaningful" for his team. You are countering that with the games were "meaningful" for his opponents.

Why is that? If they were so "meaningful" for his team, why are you telling me to ask the Yankees if they were "meaningful?"

As for the games when the Mariners were in contention... How "meaningful" were they considering where they finished, and how long were they in contention for anyway?

P.S. Please don't negative rep me everyday for a week, like you did when Willie got fired, and I said the Mets were not going anywhere with Manuel either.

I have no idea who this guy Brooklyn Jet is, or what he's getting at. I give up.

You can disagree with that, but trying to say the 1 sentence, 12 word post I made was an argument against him winning the award, is quite the stretch, even for you.

Not a stretch. If it wasn't an argument, it was a pointless post.

And it was wrong. Games are meaningful (if you're taking the position that they're only meaningful if they involve potential playoff teams) as long as at least one of the teams is in the race.

I have no idea who this guy Brooklyn Jet is, or what he's getting at. I give up.

Not a stretch. If it wasn't an argument, it was a pointless post.

And it was wrong. Games are meaningful (if you're taking the position that they're only meaningful if they involve potential playoff teams) as long as at least one of the teams is in the race.

I agreed with the OP and stated my opinion on the games.

It was not an argument, but I don't see the games he pitched as meaningful for the Mariners, as it was obvious they were not going anywhere.

That's my opinion on them, I was not trying to make a point.

I agreed with the OP and stated my opinion on the games.

It was not an argument, but I don't see the games he pitched as meaningful for the Mariners, as it was obvious they were not going anywhere.

That's my opinion on them, I was not trying to make a point.

Hm...so just an astute observation? Or just posting to post?

Archived