REVISIONIST HISTORY POLL

JOJOTOWNSELL

If you could re-draft in 2009 would you??  

36 members have voted

1. 1. which of these qb's would you take if you had the choice?

2. 2. If you could pick a head coach from the 2009 finalists would you?

• TEAM RYAN
    • TEAM SPAGNUOLO
    • TEAM Schottenheimer Jr
    • TEAM CALLAHAN
    • TEAM GRIMM
    • TEAM JAGODZINSKI
  3. 3. If you could have Thomas Jones or LT?

Those were the finalists for the HC job in '09? Holy jeebus...Rex really was the guy to pick.

I kinda wish we ended up with one of the Harbaughs or someone serious like that, but I've heard of that whole "pick the opposite personality of the last guy" thing when it comes to finding a new HC...It's probably a little true...Plus, there's like 2-3 teams in the league where the fans will defend a coach to death anyway...if that (Pats, Steelers maybe, Titans maybe, and I guess the Cardinals but I'm sure KW found some haters this year).

The funny thing is that 2009 was the first time in awhile I didn't want us to draft a QB early, if i had to choose out of that lot, I'd have chosen sanchez

as far as coaches.. i wanted cowher.. but was ok with grimm or ryan....

i'm fine with where we are.. seriously

The funny thing is that 2009 was the first time in awhile I didn't want us to draft a QB early, if i had to choose out of that lot, I'd have chosen sanchez

as far as coaches.. i wanted cowher.. but was ok with grimm or ryan....

i'm fine with where we are.. seriously

9-4! so am i. whats really messed up is, with the Jets luck. Even if we ended up 13-3 or 14-2, the Patsies would be 1 up on us for the division! lol!! it's just our luck!!

Moving forward, would you rather have Spagnuolo/Bradford or Ryan/Sanchez?

Tough call, imo

i didnt include Bradford b/c he was obviouslt drafted the next year but as tough as it is I would still take Sanchez and Ryan. Sanchez may not have the stats but he has the grit and intangibles to WIN GAMES!! He has singlehandedly won a few games for us this year alone......we all seem to be dismising that about him....the grit, the flavor, the juice......and Ryan has captivate NYC and the rest of the NFL....he won that p;ayers poll about "which soach would you want to play for"

Its our first 2 game losing streak of the season and my fellow Jets fans are calling for these guys heads...its just not fair or prudent!

Tough call, imo

I think QB > head coach, and I think Bradford is better then Sanchez.. but.. i think the dude is an injury waiting to happen, and i like Ryan a lot more the Spaguolo, so I'd take Ryan/Sanchez

Tough call, imo

Agreed. Ive loved what I have seen out of Bradford this year, but I dont know if that would be the case if I watched an entire game. For the most part Im watching the Red Zone channel with them which is mainly going to be all positive things. He also plays a ridiculously easy schedule compared to what many rookies play. Im pulling for the Rams to make the playoffs just to get watch him a little bit more. I dont think its arguable that he has had the best rookie year from a QB in the last two seasons. But as Chan said you have to worry about injuries with him, even moreso than Sanchez.

I'd take Ryan, Freeman and LT.

I <3 Rex Ryan and think you need to realize in the grand scheme of things. Its year 2 in a franchise turn around.

However, I'd take Freeman over the other 2 and maybe even Bradford. I love his game. He's big, he's strong, durable, he can make all the throws. He's very good with the ball. Doesnt make mistakes. He's a midwesterner so he can take the weather. Plus saved a pick.

I'm still afraid one good hit on Bradford and he's done.

If Stafford wasnt injury prone I'd take him, no questions.

Sanchez would be my last choice of the 3. He's a southern cali mexican model homo trying to play QB in New York.

Tough call, imo

Sanchez/Ryan...like others I can't ignore Bradford's injury history...and Ryan's more likely to last at the HCing job he holds here than Spags is over there...

Have to give props to both franchises for going about getting their QB the right way by putting a crapload of money and energy into building an OL first.

If Stafford wasnt injury prone I'd take him, no questions.

No doubt...Stafford is nasty...I'm also a big fan of Schwartz too. If he'd stay healthy I'd pick this duo over any of the others...but he's not...sucks for them.

Sanchez/Ryan/Jones

Of the 3 QBs, I think I have to go with Sanchez. He's got the "it". Stafford has the injury problems. Freeman looks great, and it will be interesting to see who ends up better of the 2. If Bradford was here, I would probably pick him but he was from a different class.

Ryan for head coach. He's 20-12 with 2 playoff wins already. Took over a mediocre team and led them to an AFC championship game with a rookie QB. Will probably make the playoffs for a 2nd straight year. Not bad at all.

Jones over Tomlinson. Jones is the more effective runner at this point, and that is what I want in a running back... NOT pass catch ability, run ability. L.T. has been better than expected but would still prefer Jones.

• 1 month later...

Archived