Jets are now selling PSL seats at face on a game by game basis!

rowonejetfan

I saw on ticketmaster when you enter that famous "gotime" season ticket holder password to buy individual games in upper deck, now lower level PSL seats pop up at face value, first thing was a coaches club seat at face right from Jets for upcoming Bills game.

Wow imagine paying 25k a seat for a $700 ticket which is horrible enough, but now imagine Jets are selling them anyhow on line so your 25k PSL is now worthless.

I know it is only Bills, but remember, pretty much after Dolphin loss and looking like no home play-off games and only lousy Bills game left all PSL sales are dead!!! The secondary market opens up in March 2011.

Woody said there will be no individual PSL seats sold this season, maybe in his mind he ment this year and Bills is in 2011. Or maybe the way Jets and Bills are playing that game does not count as an NFL quality game.

Either way come next season unsold PSLs will appear will be sold as individual games, yikes. The Jets play book sure changes a lot.

I told you way back when this was going to happen.

I guess if the box office ticketmaster had these coaches club for sale, how come Jets were saying Coaches Club is sold out?

Section

Row

Seats

Description

111C

1 - 2

Price Level 1

Concourse 1

Sideline Seating

Reserved Seating

Type

Season Ticket Holder

Price

US $723.55 x 2

Price Details

Close Price Details

Type

Season Ticket Holder

Ticket Price

US $700.00 x 2

Convenience Charge

US $23.55 x 2

SUBTOTAL*

US $1,447.10

I saw on ticketmaster when you enter that famous "gotime" season ticket holder password to buy individual games in upper deck, now lower level PSL seats pop up at face value, first thing was a coaches club seat at face right from Jets for upcoming Bills game.

Wow imagine paying 25k a seat for a $700 ticket which is horrible enough, but now imagine Jets are selling them anyhow on line so your 25k PSL is now worthless.

I know it is only Bills, but remember, pretty much after Dolphin loss and looking like no home play-off games and only lousy Bills game left all PSL sales are dead!!! The secondary market opens up in March 2011.

Woody said there will be no individual PSL seats sold this season, maybe in his mind he ment this year and Bills is in 2011. Or maybe the way Jets and Bills are playing that game does not count as an NFL quality game.

Either way come next season unsold PSLs will appear will be sold as individual games, yikes. The Jets play book sure changes a lot.

I just asked Matt Higgins of the Jets to confirm this via twitter:

@mhigginsjets Matt is this true? Are PSL tickets really being sold by the club at face value? http://bit.ly/gesOIH #Jets #NYJETS

I hope this isn't really the case. They sounded serious about protecting the PSL investments that were made.

I just asked Matt Higgins of the Jets to confirm this via twitter:

I hope this isn't really the case. They sounded serious about protecting the PSL investments that were made.

The NYJETS lied... :o Wow im really shocked at this (sarcastic) SUCKS for those that invested and believed. Glad it wasnt me. :D

I wonder how much the blow out loss to the Pats is going to cost the Jets in the long run?

If the score was reversed, and the Jets blew the Pats out, and looked like they had the inside track for home field advantage through out the play offs, I suspect they would have sold a lot of PSL’s right here.

Right now they have all the ear marks of a team that is about to tank

I wonder how much the blow out loss to the Pats is going to cost the Jets in the long run?

If the score was reversed, and the Jets blew the Pats out, and looked like they had the inside track for home field advantage through out the play offs, I suspect they would have sold a lot of PSL’s right here.

Right now they have all the ear marks of a team that is about to tank

I'll tell you, the prices of tickets (for Miami and the Bills) were insane leading up to the Pats game. now, not only are the Jets advertising for the Bills game, but the tickets are close to face value again.

Matt Higgins responded on twitter and said that these are NOT Jets seats. I have no way to verify either way. I would be surprised if they were lying publicly about it though.

Doesn't matter to me either way, I couldn't afford the $700. :P

Matt Higgins responded on twitter and said that these are NOT Jets seats. I have no way to verify either way. I would be surprised if they were lying publicly about it though.

Doesn't matter to me either way, I couldn't afford the $700. :P

Maybe you could take out a Jetnation equity loan? just for the one game? I'll hang out with you for that game. and you can point at me and say that's BP, he's the guy that hates Rex. :lol:

Maybe you could take out a Jetnation equity loan? just for the one game? I'll hang out with you for that game. and you can point at me and say that's BP, he's the guy that hates Rex. :lol:

I would imagine that JN has some equity. We don't have any debt. So if there is no equity that would suck, lol.

I would imagine that JN has some equity. We don't have any debt. So if there is no equity that would suck, lol.

The interesting thing is why are they not on the ticketechange or stubhub, why are they straight from Ticketmaster where gotime code is valid. Also why are they exactly at face value and charging the same fee as the UD tickets. Curious how they got there. Can I sell tickets that way.

Also Bills game is a stinker, no one is giving them $700 a ticket anyhow so why use face.

A loss on Sunday and all PSL sales from Jets are dead unless another big special comes, up to that disaster in Boston they were offering one free game in coaches club and Play-off rights. Now who even wants to see Bills game and most likely no home play-offs. Since there is a secondary market opening up in PSLs in March 2011 and lots of people are dropping out of UD the rush to get seats were all part of I am getting home play-offs and a chance for a 2011 Super Bowl ticket and Rex promised several superbowls in row, I am getting in on ground floor of re-birth of Jets. Now I am getting in on ground floor of re-birth of SOJ Jets.

But hey football is fickle, a big win this Sunday and everything will change on a dime.

The interesting thing is why are they not on the ticketechange or stubhub, why are they straight from Ticketmaster where gotime code is valid. Also why are they exactly at face value and charging the same fee as the UD tickets. Curious how they got there. Can I sell tickets that way.

Also Bills game is a stinker, no one is giving them $700 a ticket anyhow so why use face.

A loss on Sunday and all PSL sales from Jets are dead unless another big special comes, up to that disaster in Boston they were offering one free game in coaches club and Play-off rights. Now who even wants to see Bills game and most likely no home play-offs. Since there is a secondary market opening up in PSLs in March 2011 and lots of people are dropping out of UD the rush to get seats were all part of I am getting home play-offs and a chance for a 2011 Super Bowl ticket and Rex promised several superbowls in row, I am getting in on ground floor of re-birth of Jets. Now I am getting in on ground floor of re-birth of SOJ Jets.

But hey football is fickle, a big win this Sunday and everything will change on a dime.

It would be great if they had to abandon PSL sales and any money paid into PSLs was refunded or applied to future season tickets...Its a longshot, but it would be interesting to see how they handle a situation like that.

It would be great if they had to abandon PSL sales and any money paid into PSLs was refunded or applied to future season tickets...Its a longshot, but it would be interesting to see how they handle a situation like that.

They are well past that point. The stadium is sold out basically, may be fuzzy math but once they got past the black out issue there was never going to be any looking back. The bigger issue now is club seats and they are corporate anyhow so they will just continue working on them.

They are well past that point. The stadium is sold out basically, may be fuzzy math but once they got past the black out issue there was never going to be any looking back. The bigger issue now is club seats and they are corporate anyhow so they will just continue working on them.

The stadium is sold out by means of mathematical purposes only for 2010. What if those who chose to finance the PSL fee decide they want to pack it in after this year? Especially when others have had reduced rates,no pre-season tickets, free parking etc. What if those who chose upper deck seats decide not to return? Many bought with the mindset that this was the year for the Super Bowl. If things dont turn around immediately I see a major problem in selling out next year.

Majority of people I know from goal line to goal line in UD EZ row 20 and above are dropping their seats next year.

sections 345-307 and 320-332 in Upper Deck End Zone or sideline corners last from row 20 to row 26 are horrible seats.

That is 26 sections, rows have like 30 seats,

26X6=156 rows and 156 rows x 30 seats in a row = $4,680 seats.

However, most people I know will stay if they got better UD seats.

The stadium is sold out by means of mathematical purposes only for 2010. What if those who chose to finance the PSL fee decide they want to pack it in after this year? Especially when others have had reduced rates,no pre-season tickets, free parking etc. What if those who chose upper deck seats decide not to return? Many bought with the mindset that this was the year for the Super Bowl. If things dont turn around immediately I see a major problem in selling out next year.

I chose to finance my seats over 15 years and it is my responsibility to find a buyer if I decide I no longer want my seats, if I do not find a buyer, and stop paying, the seats/psl goes back to the Jets and I get nothing back. If this ever happens that his fine by me, I look at my PSL as just an added ticket expense, not some sort of investment, which they try to sell you on.

Majority of people I know from goal line to goal line in UD EZ row 20 and above are dropping their seats next year.

sections 345-307 and 320-332 in Upper Deck End Zone or sideline corners last from row 20 to row 26 are horrible seats.

That is 26 sections, rows have like 30 seats,

26X6=156 rows and 156 rows x 30 seats in a row = $4,680 seats.

However, most people I know will stay if they got better UD seats.

Those abundance of poor seats in the upper deck will have to be drastically reduced in the future.

If they get a 10% cancellation rate which would be HUGE, there is no chance they would scrap PSLs at this point. That is what I was responding to.

I thought this was interesting as it is from someone who purchased PSL's many years ago.

• THE PANTHERS TICKET SITUATION IS NOT AS SIMPLE AS YOU THINK. "You need to do some research on the PSL (Permanent Sucker License) concept used to bring the Panthers to the Carolinas. This is why Mr. [Jerry] Richardson does not have to worry about losing 60 percent of his season-ticket holders. Around 60,000 of us "suckers" bought into Jerry Richardson ability to bring an NFL team to Charlotte. Bottom line is that if you do not renew your season tickets you lose your PSL and the money you invested. In my case it cost me $10,800 in 1993. However, it is becoming a viable option to write off that money rather than to continue to invest $2,000 in a mediocre at best organization. Why pour good money after bad?''

--Terry Meacham, Fort Mill, S.C.

Good point, Terry. Thanks for writing, and for educating me.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/12/14/brett-favre-mailbag/index.html#ixzz18DGpwJL7

I read on a Houston Texans Blog they are jealous of our great PSL deal. Turns out they did the PSL to a few years ago and it is only good for ten years!!! People have to keep buying the PSL for their seats every ten years for life of stadium. Plus the PSLs depreciate rapidly, five years after purchase they are worth half price.

Our stadium could be around for 40 years. Even if there stadium lasted 40 years they would have to buy 4 sets of PSLs, and no guarantee they won't jack prices.

Agreement is terminated pursuant to the terms of this sentence after

the ten year anniversary of the Contract Date.

http://texans.seasonticketrights.com/Permanent-Seat-Licenses/Permanent-Seat-License-Info.aspx

I always say bad PSL things about Jets, so I am throwing them a bone.

Archived