Danny Woodhead works at Modells

Matt39

As a Jet: Rushing yards per game: 5.8

Receiving yards per game: 7.9

As a Pat: Rushing yards per game: 40.6

Receiving yards per game: 29.2

I wonder why ESPN is paying more attention to him now....

so by those jets stats looks like we didnt lose anything huh?

It's too soon to declare McKnight anything....bust or a possibe player.

As for BB not caring about cutting high draft picks, he has numerous poor ones to do so with AND it is much, much easier to do so and not care about the media hit when you are sporting some SB rings.

The Jets knew Woodhead was a decent player. See Hard Knocks or many pre-season pressers. They just felt McKnight's ceiling is higher. We shall see.

I agree with the latter part of your statement, but not the former.

Numerous? Klemm? Yeah. Maroney was clearly a miss, but he was productive. Not to the level they hoped, but they did something out of him. They have not had the whiff to the level of Gholston.

I agree with the latter part of your statement, but not the former.

Numerous? Klemm? Yeah. Maroney was clearly a miss, but he was productive. Not to the level they hoped, but they did something out of him. They have not had the whiff to the level of Gholston.

Sure the Pats pre BB and Brady have but they were b4 you and others joined the bandwagon post 2001. Just kidding..kinda.

Ken Sims for one. Possibly top 5 all time bust. BB however trades down and cuts numerous picks but has still missed on some high ones in Ben Watson, Maroney, Chad Jackson, Bethel Johnson and Adrian Klemm.

Sure the Pats pre BB and Brady have but they were b4 you and others joined the bandwagon post 2001. Just kidding..kinda.

Ken Sims for one. Possibly top 5 all time bust. BB however trades down and cuts numerous picks but has still missed on some high ones in Ben Watson, Maroney, Chad Jackson, Bethel Johnson and Adrian Klemm.

Sims?

p1_keyshawn.jpg

"C'Mon Man!!!"

I was keeping it to the Belichick-era.

I agree Watson and Maroney did not work as well as expected, but they were not horrible like Gholston. They produced. Not as much as we hoped for but they did contribute some positives.

That is all I am saying. Jackson and Johnson were 2nd round gambles and while there is no doubt a player drafted lower than them that could help the Patriots. I understand the thought process.

Sims?

p1_keyshawn.jpg

"C'Mon Man!!!"

I was keeping it to the Belichick-era.

I agree Watson and Maroney did not work as well as expected, but they were not horrible like Gholston. They produced. Not as much as we hoped for but they did contribute some positives.

That is all I am saying. Jackson and Johnson were 2nd round gambles and while there is no doubt a player drafted lower than them that could help the Patriots. I understand the thought process.

Jackson and Johnson were traded up for in order to draft.

While Pats fans pretend there was no NE football prior to us knocking out your QB and starting the Brady era and BB suddenly being a genious, here is Sims profile.

1 - Ken Sims, DE - Texas

Sims is the grand-daddy of all draft disappointments in Patriots history. He could never quite live up to the expectations of being the first overall pick in the 1982 NFL Draft. He only played one full season in eight total seasons with the Patriots. His best year came in 1985 when the Patriots went to the franchise's first Super Bowl when he had 5.5 sacks. He finished with only 16 sacks in his career.

Sims fell far short of the team's expectations, not because he didn't try; it was because he didn't like to practice hard. Sims garners an inauspicious nickname of "Game Day." The name derived from his lack of work habits on the practice field and he later was quoted by sports writers as saying "I'll be there on game day," hence the nickname. Did I mention he had only 16 sacks in 8 years? He didn't show up on "game day" either.

To follow up his lack of hustle and production, Sims was arrested and charged with possession of cocaine in Austin, Texas during the summer of 1990. The Patriots released Sims shortly after the arrest just prior to the 1990 season when he came

Archived